Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I'm fairly certain that's just a remnant of the website merge a few years and IT guys ago. There were still a few random books that generate the message but all CBCS books I have, some dating back to its first and second years, right up to books submitted this year, all properly display grader's notes, existing orders and invoices.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
My order has been in 'Labels' for at least 3 weeks...
Post 602 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@atrembley I'm still showing the "Migration in process" message. Once the migration is done, things should be back to normal. One note - comics with a 9.8 or above will not have graders notes, that has been the policy for years now.

This is from the merger a few years ago. That message should not be showing up. I'll get someone to look at it.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted at the Niagara falls comic con June 3rd. The first screen for me says "processing" , then when I click on my Order # it has "processing" in the top left and "recieved" in the right hand side under the money total. THen when I open the invoice PDF it says "submitted"

Judging from people that are still waiting from April I assume it will be around xmas when I get my stuff........hoepfully
Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
My order has been in 'Labels' for at least 3 weeks...

So has mine.
Post 605 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevguitar
I submitted at the Niagara falls comic con June 3rd. The first screen for me says "processing" , then when I click on my Order # it has "processing" in the top left and "recieved" in the right hand side under the money total. THen when I open the invoice PDF it says "submitted"

Judging from people that are still waiting from April I assume it will be around xmas when I get my stuff........hoepfully

I submitted at the same convention - in the same boat too!!

I had pressing on my books and the estimated TAT was 23 weeks, now in week 15 and only in "received" or pdf invoice "submitted". No way is 23 weeks going to happen...be lucky early next year
Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@stevguitar @KatKomics I submitted May 27th at Comicpalooza. Books arrived at CBCS on the 30th. Invoice still says "submitted". Talked to Customer Service a week ago, was told "end of September, early October."

Invoice says 13 weeks. Currently at 15 weeks. TAT Estimator (for what its worth) says TAT's are 4-6 weeks behind. That puts me around October 10th. Meanwhile, guys all over the forum are talking about 26+ week TAT's.

The only thing in life I'm willing to wait around for longer than six months is a baby. For high dollar books that I might want to flip someday, there really isn't an alternative; newton rings are BS that shouldn't get through QC. However, for moderns that I'm putting on slab because I want to protect/display the art? At this point, screw it, they're going to Oregon: TAT under 30 days.
Post 607 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
week 25 of my 24 weeks tat, and still only says received. sigh, over 6 months for 4 books to be pressed and graded. i dont think i can afford to use cbcs anymore.
Post 608 IP   flag post
Collector soonerjudd private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still waiting on an order submitted 1st of March. It was submitted by a facilitator, so doesn't show up in my dashboard. Multiple calls to support and emails aren't being returned, and the facilitator's gone dark as well. What do I have to do to find out what's going on with my book?
Post 609 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
OK well 6 month to the date my 2 books are sent back to me (just got a tracking #) and I am able to see my grades - but I do have a question one of my books has a grade of 8.0*

what the hell is the "*"???????????

And sorry I know it's off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread seeing how i'm done with CBCS.
Post 610 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj102
OK well 6 month to the date my 2 books are sent back to me (just got a tracking #) and I am able to see my grades - but I do have a question one of my books has a grade of 8.0*

what the hell is the "*"???????????

And sorry I know it's off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread seeing how i'm done with CBCS.

The "*" means that while it's objective grade is 8.0, it presents nicer than the grade. It's a good thing.
Post 611 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Just throwing this out there:

I keep hearing more and more frustration with regards to the delays, among other issues such as trying to contact CBCS, etc. I'm curious if a temporary stop on new submissions was even considered in the first place (due to the move) or if it is something to consider now?

I'm of the opinion that a temporary stop or even a reduction (if possible) would help burn down the backlog and get things manageable. If you keep receiving new submissions you are either going to clog the pipeline further, unless there has been a steep drop off in submissions already. The other potential pitfall is you hurry in an attempt to catch up, and all the new people hired will be prone to more mistakes, which would either slow down the process further assuming the defects are caught in Quality Control, or the defects get past QC, and customers received sub-par gradings,encapsulations, etc, which can cause further damage to your reputation.

Logic would dictate that newly trained staff are generally slower than experienced personnel, at least initially. Compounded with CBCS already having significant delays, (much more than the generally accepted "regular" delays) I don't see a fix to the current problems, at least not on timeline that would seem to be acceptable to most.

Perhaps I'm out of line, if so, my apologies. However I am curious as to what will be done or already is happening to remedy the current state of affairs. Outside of the blanket statements already heard in one form or another; "We are aware. We are doing our best. We have hired new staff."

Anyone else share my sentiments or am I alone on this?
Post 612 IP   flag post
Collector sLiver private msg quote post Address this user
sent my 5 grails (including a FF 1, HoS 92) to CBCS 2 months ago. Nada movement. I am a big CGC guy and thought I'd give CBCS a try. Now I'm really regretting it. I've since submitted 3 subs to CGC and they've all come back within the last 2 weeks. :-(
Post 613 IP   flag post
@stanley_1883 I have no control over this. You can email your suggestion to customerservice@cbcscomics.com
Post 614 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@stanley_1883 I have no control over this. You can email your suggestion to customerservice@cbcscomics.com

noted, thank you kindly
Post 615 IP   flag post
Collector TheMadTitan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in my 22nd week since (submitting on 4/6) at the Dallas Comic Con and Received on 4/17. In my submission I sent 40 books but 2 with fast pass. The good news, the two books were completed on time right @6 weeks. Very appreciated. My other 38 books in grading for the last 3 weeks are still in grading. On the positive note, since my submission CBCS has moved about 5 miles from my work. In thinking about what I would have liked to seen different is the Communication. The call center is a real crapshoot to make contact. Usually my chances are better in the AM vs. PM. The last time I spoke with someone I was told the move was going to delay the completion by 6 weeks (now 8) and all I could say was, "Well that's unfortunate." In utilizing the website to attempt to retrieve an answer is just as unfortunate. I would be more accepting to see an update on my Dashboard that said 24 weeks to process instead of the 13 weeks that continues to be posted. My background is 30 yrs in managing Call Centers and Back Office processes. If CBCS would like to reach out me to discuss potential efficiencies to be gained with the tools you have in place, please let me know.

I've read some posts on this site and CBCS is my last chance. I've been collecting for 45 yrs and I previously submitted through CGC until the last bad deal. I purchased two New Mutants 98 off the shelf in 91. One signed by Liefeld and Stan and the other not. The unsigned book I expected to come back at a high grade 9.6 /9.8. When it came back 9.0 I accused them of swapping my book and never heard a response. The signed book was submitted to CBCS two years later and came back as expected a 9.8. Now with the lack of grading companies and PGX is not even a thought, CBCS is the only company left. All graded books appear to be on the money and honestly assessed. My first order last year submitted at SDCC took a total of 17 weeks and they sited a heavy comic con submission period. Tried again this year and I'm 1 for 2.

If the call center volume is too impactful to maintain, please place more emphasis on updating customers through the website. It appears you have most of the right tools in place to address your customers' concerns. A little communication will go a long way.

Here's to hoping CBCS finds a way to manage through their growing pains and improves their communications with their customers to foster strong relationships.

Peace nerds!!
Post 616 IP   flag post
Collector Wickedliquids private msg quote post Address this user
so how long is it taking to get your books? Site says 8 to 12 weeks, but I'm reading 24+ weeks?
Post 617 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
My 3 weeks for my art slab came and went with no change in status. Invoice says billing when my balance is 0...smh
Post 618 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone remember the story of Rip Van Winkle?
After a million complaints on this thread, my suggestion is just go to sleep under a tree and when you wake up in 20 years it will all be straightened out.

To do anything more than that is just pissing in the wind at this point.
Post 619 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Just a quick TAT question, maybe I’m not looking in the right spot for the answer.

Does Grade Screening affect TAT at all?

Thanks!
Post 620 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
Just a quick TAT question, maybe I’m not looking in the right spot for the answer.

Does Grade Screening affect TAT at all?

Thanks!

Screen has no affect on the turnaround. They get graded in line just as if there was no screen. The books that don't get the minimum desired grade don't get slabbed. Why would a screen grade change the turnaround?
Post 621 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts thanks Steve, honestly I assumed it didn’t but just wanted to confirm
Post 622 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
I received a CBCS email on Sep 6 that my "2 day moderns" were "Shipping." As of today, Sep 17, they are still listed in Shipping (not shipped). I know how difficult the move was, and that many things are running behind schedule at CBCS. So I am not upset, this must be harder for CBCS than it is for me! But I was wondering if anyone had a realistic idea as to when these two books might ship? Thanks for any guidance.
Post 623 IP   flag post
Collector NickNack private msg quote post Address this user
Currently at 23 weeks for 3 books standard grading. It says grading.. but it’s been 23 weeks.
Post 624 IP   flag post
Collector Aalok private msg quote post Address this user
Current order (Pressing and Signature Verification) shows "Received" after 229 days / 32 weeks. The given time for the order was 25 weeks. I have sent 3 emails to CBCS over 3 weeks. Giving them 5 working days to get back. I have also followed up with a phone call and voicemail once a week during this time. It's been 3 full weeks and I haven't received a followup. This is the current state of CBCS customer service.

Before I get flamed over the "move". I know they moved but 229 days with no progress on a order and 3 weeks of no reply from customer service is reprehensible.
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
I was able to get the wife over to the Clearwater office to pick up my books dropped off on March 16th. They were ready a little over a week ago, but it's tough finding time to get over there in the middle of the day. Everything looks nice, thanks for all the updates @SteveRicketts. I'm going to dig around to find some more to drop off soon.
Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Why do I feel we are being treated like plaintiffs in a freaking John Grisham novel. Does it really take federal regulations or class action suits before a company cares for it's customers?
Everyday I get an update on this thread and read what everyone else is going through and feel disrespected. I see people waiting almost a year for books from a company that says they will be processed within 12 weeks of receipt. There is no help, no recourse, just excuses.
Scary how a two, (please don't argue three), company marketplace can give you the power to do whatever you want.
Anyone else feel that if they got just one email from someone saying they messed up they wouldn't care how long it's taking? I do. These people know that we can't just ask for our books back and get a refund. They also understand that sending all of our business to someone else would cripple the industry. There is no way this wasn't discussed by the merger and acquisitions team.
At some point, somebody decided it didn't matter and to keep accepting submissions. I understand that complaining doesn't make a difference but at least I spoke up. At least someone else got to see this post. The worst part is that I will even still send more orders to the same company. It's like I'm in an abusive relationship that I can't end.
Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector Forbush private msg quote post Address this user
I won't be sending anymore in....
Post 628 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNack
Currently at 23 weeks for 3 books standard grading. It says grading.. but it’s been 23 weeks.
Im about to hit 23 weeks tomorrow. Mine have been in Grading/Labels for about 4 weeks. I don't know if that's normal or not. I just sent an email and asked them.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbush
I won't be sending anymore in....

You know it's bad when you start contimplating whether or not Newton Rings can be accepted.
Post 630 IP   flag post
601262 999 30