CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_Playhouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Yes shipped. Finally πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Congrats. I'm interested to see if those of us waiting longer than ever before get generous grades.
well i didn't get any pressed. ASM 700 9.4 small crease no color break
ASM 36 9/11 issue 9.4 damn fingerprints
2 infinity gauntlets 1 9.2 both non color break bends
A New muntants 87 7.0 restro
Golden age superman 66 4.0

Bought the first 5 for lesson than a dollar each which is only reason I didn't get them pressed
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_Playhouse
Quote:
Yes shipped. Finally πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Congrats. I'm interested to see if those of us waiting longer than ever before get generous grades.
well i didn't get any pressed. ASM 700 9.4 small crease no color break
ASM 36 9/11 issue 9.4 damn fingerprints
2 infinity gauntlets 1 9.2 both non color break bends
A New muntants 87 7.0 restro
Golden age superman 66 4.0

Bought the first 5 for lesson than a dollar each which is only reason I didn't get them pressed

At least you know what you will have if you ever get a C&P.
What type of resto did they find on the NM 87?
Post 552 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Small color touch on cover
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector jedi2u private msg quote post Address this user

These were submitted April 1st @ AwesomeCon and have made it to my hands....still waiting on the submission from March 6th.
Post 554 IP   flag post
I award you no pointsÒ€¦ stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
slightly off topic, but this doesnt warrant a new thread imo. Can i poay my invoice now or so i have to wait until CBCS actually does it. I submitted my payment info with the books, theyve been received since August 1. Will CBCS charge me when they are ready to start grading or what? if memory serves, they will charge me when they're ready, correct?
Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
slightly off topic, but this doesnt warrant a new thread imo. Can i poay my invoice now or so i have to wait until CBCS actually does it. I submitted my payment info with the books, theyve been received since August 1. Will CBCS charge me when they are ready to start grading or what? if memory serves, they will charge me when they're ready, correct?

You can pay up front and leave are card on file if your book moves up a tier. I due this because I like my purchase to be done with. My last submissions didn't hit right away even though I requested and I got billed August 8th and they were received June 20th.
I was told by customer service that it is when they get around to doing the invoice and has no correlation to the status of a submission.
Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883

Correct.
Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Count your blessings, I had a single book submitted April 5 in person...press and grade, they charged my card within 15 minutes and the work has not begun at week 22.....and likely will not be pressed until at least week 26.
Post 558 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Count your blessings, I had a single book submitted April 5 in person...press and grade, they charged my card within 15 minutes and the work has not begun at week 22.....and likely will not be pressed until at least week 26.

Whaaat!
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
FYI...
My 2nd order arrived today (25 weeks).....HOWEVER I was not home (until now) and FedEx just left them on my porch.....no signature. Just letting CBCS (and ya'll) know in case they want to talk to FedEx. I'll be calling FedEx myself Monday.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So by the sounds of things the books I dropped off in early June with pressing etc the TAT said 24 weeks but really I should expect them to bring the books back to the same convention for hand delivery for a week 52 TAT???

Also by the sounds of some other treads out there I should count myself lucky if I get my own books back or don't get charged for somebody else's order or my order doesn't get shipped to a different person??

Thank god I only submit once a year and usually only for witnessed signatures....I can just hold my other books for a while and see where things pan out with CBCS...
Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector LamontCranston private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted a Batman #232 for grading/VSP via mail. It was received on 4/30/18. As of 9/1/18 it is in Labels. Tom Petty was correct.
Post 562 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Does a two week turn around usually mean 2 weeks
Post 563 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
I really really hope so. My 2 week Quickstream just got received by their dock this morning, hoping to be in CBCS system tomorrow and start the clock.
Post 564 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts @TimBildhauser , I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I got an email last Wednesday that my comics were ready for pickup in the Pinellas office and I needed to contact customer service to make an appointment to get them. I have called all day Thursday, Friday, Monday, and today with no answer. I have left messages to call me back, and have emailed. Is there any other way I can make contact to set up a time for pickup ? Thanks again for any help.
Post 565 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@lpgasdude That email is going out from the automated system saying that it is ready to be picked up, and probably has the old address in it. Anyway, that email is triggered from how pickups used to be handled. When the Dallas office packs the order up to ship to us in Clearwater, it's still automatically sending that email.

That package is here. Once everything is verified by our office, we will send out an email to let you know you can schedule a pickup. You'll probably get that email before the end of the day today.

Thanks for making me aware of that old email. I'll put in a ticket to have the developers turn that off to avoid confusion going forward.
Post 566 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Thanks for the quick response. It does have the old address on it, you are right. I thought that was a mistake. I'm looking forward to hearing from you when I can get the books. Thanks again. Also, when I schedule the pickup, can I still drop books off there? Or do I just need to break down and pay the shipping to Texas myself?
Post 567 IP   flag post
Yes, you can drop books off for submission for grading even if you're not getting them pressed. No additional charge for us to ship them to Dallas for you.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Jake just told me that if you're dropping off he asks that you go ahead and do the submission online and bring the invoice with you.
Post 569 IP   flag post
Not a problem. Thanks again. I'll wait for the new email to make the pick up appointment.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Collector George private msg quote post Address this user
Update on my submissions that I spoke of earlier. As stated before submitted at Indiana, con the end of March. Not excepted until April 10. Been in grading for two months or more I believe. Has had the invoice stating labels for a month or more. This makes it 22 weeks so far after accepted but 24 weeks of waiting. I called a week and a half or two weeks ago and left a message and have had no response. I have tried eight times today to call in and eight times last week and cannot get through Because I do not want to leave another message. The average seems to be 22 to 25 weeks. I have one book getting pressed outside of this and hope to have it before the end of the year which I was supposed to be getting right now. just frustrating when the invoice still says 13 weeks, LOL.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
So 2 days short of 6 months I get an email that my comics are ready to ship. JEEZUS!

I'm just not going to use them anymore. I really enjoy getting signatures at cons and for certain keys that I get an autograph for, I like to get them encapsulated. I've never been a fan of the witness thing - just don't like them, why do I need someone to prove that I met creator X?

So CGC has the green label but I don't care for that either. I like to display my slabs and I would like the label to say who signed the book.

So I am left with PGX. Trolls be damned! I'm not interested in selling anything that I get signed so I don't have to put up with the stigma. And as for accuracy well I can't tell the difference between 9.4, 9.6 and 9.8 anyways.

So thank you CBCS for taking my money so quickly while taking almost 6 months to grade 2 book with 3 signatures.

So long and good bye forever.
Post 572 IP   flag post
Collector Lsmrph private msg quote post Address this user
Well said. You’re the man πŸ‘πŸ»
Post 573 IP   flag post
You tell em.
Post 574 IP   flag post
Collector atrembley private msg quote post Address this user
Just a quick update from one perspective.

I just got a 2-day plus VSP (so one week) back after about 14 business days if you exclude shipping

I also fast passes 2 modern books and I was notified today that they are ready for shipping one day short of 7 weeks.

Things are getting better! They are catching up!
Post 575 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
My April 18th submission has been in grading for almost 3 weeks. Im glad its in grading but im checking my invoice like 5 times a day. But at least they aren't shipping this week since the hurricane is coming around where I live. It would be my luck the Fed Ex truck gets washed away or something. It sounds like they are catching up. My next submission will probably be in Dec or Jan so maybe everthing will be good by then. I think next time I will use fast pass though.
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Update on my latest submission:

4 moderns, no FP. submitted May 8.

I was told by CBCS CS to use the TAT to see when I should receive my order.
TAT estimated the delivery would be 8/9

It is now week 16 of 12, still says it is in grading (it has said this since 8/22)

So....we will see where this will end up. I will keep you updated.

UPDATE: As of this morning, the status is still GRADING, but the Invoice says LABELS.

So....progress?
Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector George private msg quote post Address this user
New update! Just got an email today saying that they are being shipped out. So the total was just over 22 weeks after received. That would be just over 24 weeks after submitting at the convention.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Aalok private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted books to be pressed, signature verification and graded on Jan 31. I know adding all these services will add time but it's been 224 days and my order still just shows "Received". I would have hoped, even with the move, that thy would be pressed or something by now. I sent 2 emails and called a few times (no answer but voice mail) and haven't received a response. Starting to get concerned but should I?
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector Lsmrph private msg quote post Address this user
That’s crazy. I’d be flipping out right now. It’s been 8 months. Unacceptable
Post 580 IP   flag post
600866 999 30