Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector atrembley private msg quote post Address this user
So I tried following the thread but I got a little lost.

Is the invoice more accurate than the orange status??

I have 2 modern books received by mail July 26. The orange status says grading and the invoice is listed as “labels”. It seems fast to be in labels already, let alone grading.

Alternatively I have a 2-Day plus VSP where the invoice says “submitted” but the dashboard says “received”. I already got the received email so that seems odd.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrembley
So I tried following the thread but I got a little lost.

Is the invoice more accurate than the orange status??

I have 2 modern books received by mail July 26. The orange status says grading and the invoice is listed as “labels”. It seems fast to be in labels already, let alone grading.

Alternatively I have a 2-Day plus VSP where the invoice says “submitted” but the dashboard says “received”. I already got the received email so that seems odd.

I think the invoice is suspose to be correct. Thats what I was told. Mine is also in labels on the invoice bur Grading on the dashboard. I looked at my invoice everyday and never saw it in grading. Unless labels is before grading, but I would have thought the opposite.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Today was 13 weeks...

*UPDATE*

So @DWeeB1967 submitted his books at the same convention, and his books were delivered yesterday. My books still show “submitted/received” depending on the dashboard/invoice.

Time to call Customer Service hourly & see if I can make it through automated hell to reach a human being; figure out where my books are.

Let us know if you get through to customer service or if they still have the automated message up
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo called CBCS twice; the customer service line & the billing line. Customer Service voicemail is full (and has been since last August), billing line rang for a bit then cut me off. Twice.

So I called Beckett. The customer service guy was extremely nice, but said (again) that CBCS has not yet been integrated into the Beckett customer service line. He took my information & is going to forward it to CBCS through internal channels.

Last time I did the end run to Beckett, CBCS got back to me in a timely manner; so I’m hoping that works again.

With people who submitted at the same convention getting their books back, and my dashboard stuck in submitted/received, I’m a bit concerned. I have another 200 books I want to submit, but this submission has me reconsidering. I know 200 books is a drop in the bucket for CBCS, but it’s a big investment for me.
Post 504 IP   flag post
Quote:
@TheComicDoJo called CBCS twice; the customer service line & the billing line. Customer Service voicemail is full (and has been since last August), billing line rang for a bit then cut me off. Twice.

So I called Beckett. The customer service guy was extremely nice, but said (again) that CBCS has not yet been integrated into the Beckett customer service line. He took my information & is going to forward it to CBCS through internal channels.

Last time I did the end run to Beckett, CBCS got back to me in a timely manner; so I’m hoping that works again.

With people who submitted at the same convention getting their books back, and my dashboard stuck in submitted/received, I’m a bit concerned. I have another 200 books I want to submit, but this submission has me reconsidering. I know 200 books is a drop in the bucket for CBCS, but it’s a big investment for me.

Good info to have about calling Beckett rather than the CBCS line, I'll have to do that next time.

200 books!!! Good lord! Yeah, I'd be a little beyond hesitant to submit at this point. I've got an order I plan on submitting with 12 books next week. CBCS already has one of my other orders (12 books as well). That received date is 8/3 so I'm hoping to get that back by 11/1.

If CBCS doesn't have this headed in the right direction within the next couple months I'll be pulling the plug on them. I love them however my love is trumped by good business practice. I can't leave myself or my clients out to dry while CGC is getting stuff done in 2-3 weeks.
Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious, how many books could CBCS grade in a day? I mean how many does a single grader typically pass through in an 8 hour work day? I don't want them to go from grading 50 books per day to 325 and sacrifice quality by any stretch for example. But I am curious how much a 200 book order takes up in the queue for an operation like this.
I am also curious what the con season brings in terms of volume to the table. Being a business owner trying to weigh "is this a spike in volume" vs "sustainable growth" that a need for extra (fill in the blank positions) need to be hired/trained cannot be an easy decision.

Either way, its worth the wait as I will take extra time getting my books back vs getting them back in a couple of weeks with oil slicks/newton rings on the books that look terrible.
Post 506 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
New statement from Beckett VP about TATs on the CBCS Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CBCScomics/posts/2121041868161647?__tn__=K-R
Post 507 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
Can you imagine how many more books would be coming their way if TATs were better? Newton Ring, Inc. is tripping right now and the other Co shot themselves in the foot a long time ago....talk about a window of opportunity for CBCS.
Post 508 IP   flag post
Dear CBCS Customers and Collectors,

When Beckett (Eli Global) purchased Comic Book Grading Service in late 2017, we knew that we were adding a real asset to our team. For years we discussed the possibility of adding a comic grading service, but never really had the opportunity to do so. With the acquisition of CBCS, we added a respected and known name in the comic grading industry that fit perfectly with Beckett Grading (BGS) and Beckett Authentication Services (BAS). While speaking to the CBCS staff in Florida, I realized that CBCS was a company full of knowledgeable and passionate employees who were challenged by a competitor that owned most of the market share, which was very similar to where Beckett Grading was in 1999. Eli Global and BGS are excited to add CBCS into our family and equally excited about the challenges and opportunities available to us.

Let me take a moment to address the turnaround delays and to sincerely apologize for CBCS not being able to get your comic books processed and shipped back to you in a timely manner. This situation is neither ideal for you nor for us. Our primary goal is to get your comics in and out of our offices as quickly as possible, while handling your books safely, and maintaining the grading accuracy and product quality you've come to expect from CBCS. I’m writing this to personally accept responsibility for the delay and to ensure that none of the blame be placed on any of the past or current CBCS employees. I truly believed the transition of CBCS would be simple, and that we would be down only a few days while we relocated the office to Texas, with us back in full operation within a week. This was an oversight in my judgment. While the physical transition has been a challenge, we are excited that the number of order submissions is at an all-time high!

The good news is…we are on the right path and making solid progress! We are adding members to the CBCS team and investing in the growth of this company. We are hiring many knowledgeable comic hobbyists and enthusiasts who are very excited to be working in an industry they are passionate about to strengthen the CBCS name in the industry. Our goal is not only to get turnaround times under control, but to make them better than ever before! We are working on new products, procedures, and services that will improve our services and lead the industry. These improvements in quality and time are also extended to our CBCS Pressing services, which will continue to work out of their Florida office. Bottom line, we are going to become the company that you wanted CBCS to be from the beginning, and the customer-service-driven company the comic collecting hobby deserves. CBCS will succeed!

I humbly thank you for your continued support, your understanding, and for your comments or suggestions. I ask you to continue to trust in CBCS. This is such an amazing company and I am truly honored to be a part of the team.

Sincerely

Jeromy Murray

Vice President: Beckett Grading, CBCS Grading, & Beckett Authentication Services
Post 509 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@billkruser5 I was told when I asked that a 200 book order is "nothing." When Dynamic Forces, or another big shop wants a Grand-Pooh-Bah Edition Limited Series for the release of (Enter Title Here), they break out their checkbook & pay the freight for next-day; which puts everyone else on hold while they shift production to the big money.

Was literally just talking to someone about the Oregon Fail Whale. Hopefully someone buys him out, and either re-brands the product (to offload the years of baggage attached to the name) or does some serious heavy lifting to turn that into a respectable company. They have a good physical product, but the grades are extremely inconsistent & owner has repeatedly demonstrated sketchy behavior that has basically rendered the company's product illegitimate in the eyes of comic collector/consumers.
Post 510 IP   flag post
Collector shaggs68 private msg quote post Address this user
I have 22 books waiting since May 15th. get them done or refund and send back.
Post 511 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Man I'm still waiting from mid march lol. Holly hell gotta do something for everyone right?
Post 512 IP   flag post
Collector shaggs68 private msg quote post Address this user
I am fine with any wait time but when it says processing within 12 weeks wtf. I run a construction company. If it runs longer then date given I get on letting them know and apologize
Post 513 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

For what its worth, I've had some success with customer service via email. For some reason there was a mix up and I was being billed for another guy's book that has the same name as me, but that lives in a different state. I think they got it straightened out.
Post 514 IP   flag post
Yeah 12 weeks. 😂😂😂😂😂
Post 515 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggs68
I am fine with any wait time but when it says processing within 12 weeks wtf. I run a construction company. If it runs longer then date given I get on letting them know and apologize

I'm a licensed contractor and every contract for subs has a completion date and the daily penalty if it's is not met.
Post 516 IP   flag post
I had a group chat with some friends that are major dealers. They are sending in rapids on moderns and any specific book to hit the window for max value. Between the eight of them they have received around 2500 slabs since March. This is why we are getting insane TATs.
Think about the Mayhew ASM 3000 exclusive slabs and other exclusive 9.8 slabs guaranteed in a week.
These all go in before us. I encourage you all to email the new CEO about separate grading departments for expedited orders and regular orders. They should base the TATs from each department.
Post 517 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Just about to send off a submission as my own reference about the TAT.
Post 518 IP   flag post
Now I can't see my order.
Post 519 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_Playhouse
Now I can't see my order.

Lmao oh great
Post 520 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Comic_playhouse, PM Sent

Let me know if that fixes it
Post 521 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
FUBAR!
Post 522 IP   flag post
Mailed another order to CBCS again! First was received on 8/3, this one went out today on 9/4. Lets go CBCS!!!

Just do it...
Post 523 IP   flag post
Collector robo_beardo private msg quote post Address this user
I have an order of 3 modern books that I fast tracked (which should be estimated 3-6 weeks) that is now on week 11... why the heck did I pay for fast pass if it’s going to take the normal 6-12 week estimate? I get that they’re overwhelmed, but come on...
Post 524 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_beardo
I have an order of 3 modern books that I fast tracked (which should be estimated 3-6 weeks) that is now on week 11... why the heck did I pay for fast pass if it’s going to take the normal 6-12 week estimate? I get that they’re overwhelmed, but come on...

Have they mentioned anything about refunds? It would be in the best interest for CBCS to offer refunds if they have failed to meet promised TAT's
Post 525 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 2 sketches for slabbing for Art. The 3 week quoted time will be up today. Let's see if my status will change to shipping by the end of the week...not holding my breath sadly...
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector Pvadacchino private msg quote post Address this user
After dealing with CGC for about 10 years, with no problems, I finally decided to try CBCS, someone I know really pushed me to try.
On April 3 I submitted 4 books for Verification, Pressing and grading. Was told it would be a 25 weeks process, give or take.
At the 16 week mark tried to contact customer service, with no success, sent an email asking for the progress of my order. A few days later got the reponse that they just got out of pressing.
Last week, week 19 still couldn’t reach customer service. Again, sent email this time the answer given was to refer to timetable available.
I understand that they moved to a new location and they are behind but the least they could do is actually respond to the questions asked.
I know I’m only on week 20 of 25, the fact that they are not able to answer a simple question about my order really bugs me and IMO shows a certain level of “I Don’t Care”
I tried CBCS is for the verification process but with this type of service I can’t see myself subbing books again.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Submitted 2 sketches for slabbing for Art. The 3 week quoted time will be up today. Let's see if my status will change to shipping by the end of the week...not holding my breath sadly...

Mine is for art too. It was received May 22nd and still says submitted today.
Post 528 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 2 separate orders at the Lexington, KY Comic Con on March 10th.
(no pressing -- no fast track)

Both orders were marked received on Apr 2nd
One order went into Grading on April 24th
The second order went into Grading on May 22nd

Update:
Order #1 -- My books arrived home (end of week 23)
Order #2 -- Week 25 -- Just got notified my books are shipping / waiting for FedEx to pick up

Order #3 -- Week 11 -- Still marked as Received
Dropped off at Heroes Con on Jun 15th (Also no-press/no fast track / no sig)
Marked Received July 3rd
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_beardo

If tat for modern is currently around 26 weeks your fast pass should be around 13 weeks
Post 530 IP   flag post
601504 999 30