Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by billkruser5
Is there an incentive for turning books in at cons? I mean, on the surface, you go to a con, buy a book or bring one with you, drop it off at the booth. They keep track of everything on a cafeteria table and boxes behind them via writing down the information by hand. Then they take it to HQ and someone has to manually enter all these into the system from everyone AND keep solid records.
There are many areas of risk of human error here.

Now you could mail in your books and they have the invoice attached at the receiving dock and everything is scanned in and you are in the pipeline.

So where is the incentive for cons? You are trying to circumvent the system by bringing in much more risk by dropping them off at a con. For what? To save $13.65 Priority shipping costs? Do you get a discount by dropping off at a con? (I seriously don't know if you do, I have never been to a con before).

This whole move really took a tool on con drop offs via reading the boards. I have sent books in after the move and gotten them back (7 week fast pass modern and consumer levels) and couldn't be happier.

I had a few very long conversations with CBCS Management and they were very aware of what happened this year at the Cons.
I was told that next year they were already looking at bringing back the computers for on-site entry.
The time of the move left them short staffed and Cons were booked way before the merger.
Last year the set up was very efficient and you could follow your order in a few days. They also were able to do on-site grading which had me bring in 40 books. I dropped them off on Friday and picked up slabs on Sunday and my books never had to touch the mail.
I thought that was a huge encentive to do business with them and get a three day pass to the con.
As far as just saving money on shipping you save peace of mind by dropping books off at a Con as well. I drop off irreplaceable Gold books at Cons. I like not having to worry about shipping a book that has only a few thousand copies in existence.
Hopefully you get to a Con next year and have a great experience like I did last year. 2018 will just be a mulligan.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
I am still in PRESSING. Only 16 weeks to go!!!! Decided to embrace the wait and celebrate with you guys.

Week 11 of 24 and still in PRESSING.

Seven received on June 11. No fast track. Two EXPANDED with one to press and five MODERN with one to press. TAT stated 24 weeks.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@mrelowe you do realize pressing takes 20 weeks alone?? Plus the additional 20 weeks for grading. Enjoy
Post 478 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@mrelowe you do realize pressing takes 20 weeks alone?? Plus the additional 20 weeks for grading. Enjoy

I do. I just want to be part of the club. lol
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I am still in PRESSING. Only 16 weeks to go!!!! Decided to embrace the wait and celebrate with you guys.

Week 11 of 24 and still in PRESSING.

Seven received on June 11. No fast track. Two EXPANDED with one to press and five MODERN with one to press. TAT stated 24 weeks.

Dropped 1 book off in St Pete for pressing on March 16th. Still shows received. I talked with customer service last week and they said the book had been moved up to the new Clearwater location and was still waiting for pressing. Then it will have to be shipped to Texas for grading. Then shipped back to Clearwater for me to pick up. So if it goes to a year do I get some kind of discount ? I'm just being sarcastic, but this does seem a little long.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa

Geez.. pressing just takes me about 4 hours.

had to say it!
Post 481 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Alright, i dropped off 2 moderns @ SDCC. No fast pass, no pressing, just "regular" grading. Over/Under I get the books back by Easter (April 21)????
Post 482 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah still
Waiting from mid march. Pretty much over it by now
Post 483 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
Alright, i dropped off 2 moderns @ SDCC. No fast pass, no pressing, just "regular" grading. Over/Under I get the books back by Easter (April 21)????

Like next year? I certainly hope it wouldn't take that long!
Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 2 separate orders at the Lexington, KY Comic Con on March 10th.
(no pressing -- no fast track)

Both orders were marked received on Apr 2nd
One order went into Grading on April 24th
The second order went into Grading on May 22nd

Update:
Order #1 -- My books arrived home (end of week 23)
Order #2 -- Week 24 -- Still in grading

Order #3 -- Week 10 -- Still Received
Dropped off at Heroes Con on Jun 15th (Also no-press/no fast track / no sig)
Marked Received July 3rd
Post 485 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT
I submitted 2 separate orders at the Lexington, KY Comic Con on March 10th.
(no pressing -- no fast track)

Both orders were marked received on Apr 2nd
One order went into Grading on April 24th
The second order went into Grading on May 22nd

Update:
Order #1 -- My books arrived home (end of week 23)
Order #2 -- Week 24 -- Still in grading

Order #3 -- Week 10 -- Still Received
Dropped off at Heroes Con on Jun 15th (Also no-press/no fast track / no sig)
Marked Received July 3rd

I dropped off books at Heroes Con and Had a received date of July 11. I called and was told all Heroes Con books were received June 20th and to plan accordingly.
Post 486 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883

Like next year? I certainly hope it wouldn't take that long!

I hope it doesn't take that long either, I'm just going off of some of the time frames in this thread. Easter puts it just under 40 weeks, New Years puts it at between 23 and 24 weeks. Granted thats the time I dropped it off at the Con, its been showing submitted for the past few weeks. No other movement yet
Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
My April submission just went into Grading last week according to the dashboard and the invoice says Labels. I would think the labels come after grading but I guess not. Im getting excited now. I just hope it dosent stay in grading for a long time.
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector George private msg quote post Address this user
Update: submitted March 31 and shown received on April 10. Been in grading for around 5-6 weeks. Hoping to be done in next 2 weeks based on history posted. That is not 13 weeks. Hopefully will get better soon.
Post 489 IP   flag post
ok so couple questions, how long is it in submitted status? usually? And processed within 12 weeks means "completed" as in done and on the way back, or just "in the system" ready for grading/qa?

Mine have been "submitted" for about 3 weeks or so. Maybe 4, as i dropped them off and they showed up as submitted barely a week after SDCC.
Post 490 IP   flag post
I just really feel that the dashboard and the invoice should be integrated together. The need to download and look at an invoice to get updates when you have a dashboard is super strange and cumbersome. I also think that there should be a queue to indicate where you are in each process. Logically I realize that the different levels might cause you to get bumped down, but the queue could be sorted such that you don't see that you had 25 Fast Pass jump in front of you but rather that you have 36 Standard ahead of you in that step.

I of course know that someone would have to do data entry or develop a software tracking algorithm. At least CBCS would be creating local jobs in Clearwater and Dallas and providing clarity in the process. This would be a definite selling point vs the other guys.
Post 491 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@mrelowe You don’t need to download the invoice to get a status update. You just have to open the order on your dashboard and lists all the books, separated out by grading tier and gives you a status on each tier
Post 492 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@mrelowe You don’t need to download the invoice to get a status update. You just have to open the order on your dashboard and lists all the books, separated out by grading tier and gives you a status on each tier

All the dashboard ever shows me is that the order is processing and that it is received. To find out where it is in the process, I have to open/download the invoice. That is the only way that I know to determine if it is in pressing, grading, labels, and so on. I have never seen that displayed on the dashboard.
Post 493 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@mrelowe I had this same issue. But now with my software, if I click directly on the "Order #" link (2nd column from left, next to the date), it opens a list of all the books in that submission. The current status is listed on the right side, towards the top. First on the top of that right column is "Invoice," then the billing/accounting numbers, then the status (probably in yellow or orange little box, my April 6 consignment currently says "Grading". I hope this helps.
Post 494 IP   flag post
Collector canadianryan private msg quote post Address this user
Update on my orders with CBCS.

Dropped off books in person at the Toronto Comic Con which was mid March. They entered into the system on April 5th.

Also dropped off books at the offsite location during C2E2 the first week of April, entered into the system on the 18th of April.

I did ask them to ship all books back at the same time so I'm going by April the 18th so today marks 19 weeks. They show as in grading...hopefully it will only be a couple of more weeks, if not we're almost at the point of being double the estimated turnaround time (12 & 13 weeks)!
Post 495 IP   flag post
My April 18th order has been in grading since last week. The invoice says labels. Does anyone know how long they usually stay in grading for?
Post 496 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
@mrelowe I had this same issue. But now with my software, if I click directly on the "Order #" link (2nd column from left, next to the date), it opens a list of all the books in that submission. The current status is listed on the right side, towards the top. First on the top of that right column is "Invoice," then the billing/accounting numbers, then the status (probably in yellow or orange little box, my April 6 consignment currently says "Grading". I hope this helps.

My orange box only says received. Never says anything different, no matter where it is in the process.
Post 497 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Today was 13 weeks...

*UPDATE*

So @DWeeB1967 submitted his books at the same convention, and his books were delivered yesterday. My books still show “submitted/received” depending on the dashboard/invoice.

Time to call Customer Service hourly & see if I can make it through automated hell to reach a human being; figure out where my books are.
Post 498 IP   flag post
Collector Forbush private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 10 books exactly 2 months ago at the Vegas Con, still haven't been charged or acknowledged.
Post 499 IP   flag post
Had to clear up another mistake and was told something I didn't know. Waiting on another call on how I submitted my books on June 16 at Heroes Con and my receipt was member pricing. Membership ended while books were in transport and my invoice came at non-member pricing.
I requested to pay then and use card on file if any books bumped up tiers. My invoice was billed on August 8th.
On the phone I was told the invoice is sent after grading but before incapsulation. My status is processing and each tier just says received so I had questions.
Apparently due to the Con Season submissions and this giant log jam our orders are not being updated in real time.
I wish my sales rep at Heroes Con would have billed me right away so I could have bumped the order up faster for only an extra $9 a book the first time I saw the TAT.
****IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING AN ANSWER JUST CALL BECKETT AND TELL THE CALL CENTER GUY, (WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT CBCS), YOU WERE TALKING WITH MANAGEMENT ABOUT AN EXTREMELY LARGE UNPAID INVOICE AND GOT CUT OFF. YOU WILL GET A CALL BACK WITHIN 30 MINUTES.****

Week 10 as I join my fellow slab brothers in this countdown.
Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector atrembley private msg quote post Address this user
So I tried following the thread but I got a little lost.

Is the invoice more accurate than the orange status??

I have 2 modern books received by mail July 26. The orange status says grading and the invoice is listed as “labels”. It seems fast to be in labels already, let alone grading.

Alternatively I have a 2-Day plus VSP where the invoice says “submitted” but the dashboard says “received”. I already got the received email so that seems odd.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrembley
So I tried following the thread but I got a little lost.

Is the invoice more accurate than the orange status??

I have 2 modern books received by mail July 26. The orange status says grading and the invoice is listed as “labels”. It seems fast to be in labels already, let alone grading.

Alternatively I have a 2-Day plus VSP where the invoice says “submitted” but the dashboard says “received”. I already got the received email so that seems odd.

I think the invoice is suspose to be correct. Thats what I was told. Mine is also in labels on the invoice bur Grading on the dashboard. I looked at my invoice everyday and never saw it in grading. Unless labels is before grading, but I would have thought the opposite.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Today was 13 weeks...

*UPDATE*

So @DWeeB1967 submitted his books at the same convention, and his books were delivered yesterday. My books still show “submitted/received” depending on the dashboard/invoice.

Time to call Customer Service hourly & see if I can make it through automated hell to reach a human being; figure out where my books are.

Let us know if you get through to customer service or if they still have the automated message up
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo called CBCS twice; the customer service line & the billing line. Customer Service voicemail is full (and has been since last August), billing line rang for a bit then cut me off. Twice.

So I called Beckett. The customer service guy was extremely nice, but said (again) that CBCS has not yet been integrated into the Beckett customer service line. He took my information & is going to forward it to CBCS through internal channels.

Last time I did the end run to Beckett, CBCS got back to me in a timely manner; so I’m hoping that works again.

With people who submitted at the same convention getting their books back, and my dashboard stuck in submitted/received, I’m a bit concerned. I have another 200 books I want to submit, but this submission has me reconsidering. I know 200 books is a drop in the bucket for CBCS, but it’s a big investment for me.
Post 504 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@TheComicDoJo called CBCS twice; the customer service line & the billing line. Customer Service voicemail is full (and has been since last August), billing line rang for a bit then cut me off. Twice.

So I called Beckett. The customer service guy was extremely nice, but said (again) that CBCS has not yet been integrated into the Beckett customer service line. He took my information & is going to forward it to CBCS through internal channels.

Last time I did the end run to Beckett, CBCS got back to me in a timely manner; so I’m hoping that works again.

With people who submitted at the same convention getting their books back, and my dashboard stuck in submitted/received, I’m a bit concerned. I have another 200 books I want to submit, but this submission has me reconsidering. I know 200 books is a drop in the bucket for CBCS, but it’s a big investment for me.

Good info to have about calling Beckett rather than the CBCS line, I'll have to do that next time.

200 books!!! Good lord! Yeah, I'd be a little beyond hesitant to submit at this point. I've got an order I plan on submitting with 12 books next week. CBCS already has one of my other orders (12 books as well). That received date is 8/3 so I'm hoping to get that back by 11/1.

If CBCS doesn't have this headed in the right direction within the next couple months I'll be pulling the plug on them. I love them however my love is trumped by good business practice. I can't leave myself or my clients out to dry while CGC is getting stuff done in 2-3 weeks.
Post 505 IP   flag post
600689 999 30