Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics ahh yes you're correct, mine is also in received. Good to know thanks.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
#soon
Post 427 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS is starting to really get some negative feedback online. Anyone know if they will release a statement soon? I know this move to Dallas was big and great for the company however I'm hoping they can share something with the world.

Also, I know folks have shared the CBCS process however does anyone know how many people they have grading books? They must have thousands in the pipeline... if they only have 3-5 people grading, they might never catch up. Perhaps they are also training some Beckett people on grading as well?
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
A customer service fiasco is what this is.

Things they could consider doing but won't....

Stop going/getting submissions from Cons-you already got ton of work to get through.

Stop fast pass I mean really I've been waiting five months why should someone jump to the head of the line even if they pay for it.

Really it's not necessary to show a sweet golden/sliver age collection that just got in and will be completed in a couple of weeks.

communication -let us know you've increased staff, encourage/approve overtime in order to get the situation under control.

appreciation- offer those who've been waiting the longest some sort of deal on their next order.

It's just such a mess and I'm really not interested in using them anymore.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector George private msg quote post Address this user
I know when they were just bought by Beckett they had around 30 employees total. During the move they said they lost some. Now they are in Texas and they are training employees. My guess is they are somewhere between 20 and 40 employees. They did say most, if not all, of the graders came with them. What all of the roles are there I do not know. My guess is they have about 5 to 15 graders. I know they said customer service dropped from six people answering phones to only two. Hopefully we just need to be patient and they will establish a stronger foundation
Post 430 IP   flag post

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
update:
I just got a fast pass/fast press order back...it took 14+ weeks, suggested/quoted TAT is 12, this kind of bummed me out because I paid for the "fast" options. I have asked if they are compensating customers that paid for expedited services, so far no clarification on this

As an experiment I submitted five 2 day modern books-they were delivered by USPS on 8/17, they were marked "received" on 8/20(so still not entered on the day they were received), they entered grading that day, and were marked completed 8/21. They have been in "shipping" since yesterday. Still no tracking #, but I assume this will happen today. So it would appear the higher end fast pass options are back on track.
Post 431 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Update on my latest order dated May 8, 2018

4 modern books, straight grading no fast pass

I emailed on 8/20 for an update, they got back to me with "check the TAT estimator, it should give you a accurate date". The TAT estimator says I should have gotten my books on 8/9. I asked again for some realistic date taking the delays into consideration. *crickets*

Today though, it moved from Received to Grading... So, progress!
Post 432 IP   flag post
Collector K2S0 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just bummed; I still haven't even gotten an acknowledgement that they received my books at a con!
Post 433 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Please have some patience with CBCS. There is a hurricane hitting* right meow. TAT's will be affected.

*In Hawaii
Post 434 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's true. The hurricane in Hawaii is effecting us all.
Post 435 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
eeek! a hurricane! i am beside myself with spleen!
Post 436 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2S0
I'm just bummed; I still haven't even gotten an acknowledgement that they received my books at a con!

Didn’t they give you some kind of a receipt at the Con? Contact customer service if they did give you one.
Post 437 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 2 separate orders at the Lexington, KY Comic Con on March 10th.
(no pressing -- no fast track)

Both orders were marked received on Apr 2nd
One order went into Grading on April 24th
The second order went into Grading on May 22nd

Update:
Week 23 -- Order #1 received email on Aug 20th from CBCS that it is in shipping.... Next Day got FedEx shipping #, today FedEx says it will be here Sat....which of course I'll be out of town :-( So Monday 8/27 I should have this one... (Debating whether to look at dashboard to see how they graded or be surprised when I open box)

Order #2 -- Still in grading

New:
Order #3
Dropped off a new order At Heroes Con on Jun 15th
Also no-pressing / no fast track / no signatures
Marked Received July 3rd
Post 438 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Quote:

Didn’t they give you some kind of a receipt at the Con? Contact customer service if they did give you one.

FYI: It took 3 weeks for my first two orders to be marked "received" and my third order took 2 weeks to be marked as "received"...all three were dropped off at a con.
Post 439 IP   flag post
Collector robo_beardo private msg quote post Address this user
According to the TAT calculator one of my orders should have shipped 2 weeks ago... and it hasn’t even gone into grading... 😐
Post 440 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Got my order today submitted at SC Comicon on March 28 (Wednesday following) which put the TAT at exactly 21 weeks. All modern, no fast pass and all signatures witnessed (ASP). Just giving out info to help others with their orders.
Post 441 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squack
Got my order today submitted at SC Comicon on March 28 (Wednesday following) which put the TAT at exactly 21 weeks. All modern, no fast pass and all signatures witnessed (ASP). Just giving out info to help others with their orders.
submitted at same con. Still waiting
Post 442 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
My Modern submission (just grading, no extras) received March 16 was shipped to me Tuesday (August 21). So happy that my books are coming home!
Post 443 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Update on my latest order dated May 8, 2018

4 modern books, straight grading no fast pass

I emailed on 8/20 for an update, they got back to me with "check the TAT estimator, it should give you a accurate date". The TAT estimator says I should have gotten my books on 8/9. I asked again for some realistic date taking the delays into consideration. *crickets*

Today though, it moved from Received to Grading... So, progress!

Mine were submitted at a con on April 15th. They keep telling me to check that spreadsheet but it said mine should have been done last month. They are still in processing. I didn't get fast pass or anything.
Post 444 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
I have 5 books received 5/11/18--no extras and they went into grading yesterday.
Post 445 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
I am still in PRESSING. Only 16 weeks to go!!!! Decided to embrace the wait and celebrate with you guys.

Week 10 of 24 and still in PRESSING.

Seven received on June 11. No fast track. Two EXPANDED with one to press and five MODERN with one to press. TAT stated 24 weeks.
Post 446 IP   flag post
Collector K2S0 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Quote:

Yeah I have that. I think I'll have to try contacting them again.
Post 447 IP   flag post
@kclaw97 were yours modern. I have 13 moderns received on 4/18/18 and they still say submitted.
Post 448 IP   flag post
Collector Sirziggy private msg quote post Address this user
Status update:

Submitted a VSP at WonderCon. Invoice says it came in on April 2. It still says that it is in grading on the website.

Just got a text message from FedEx that I have a delivery today (August 23) from CBCS. That's ~20 weeks for a Modern.

Very excited to have my first graded comic in my hands. I was worried that I wouldn't get it before I moved to my new place.
Post 449 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
@kclaw97 were yours modern. I have 13 moderns received on 4/18/18 and they still say submitted.

All moderns.
Post 450 IP   flag post
The TAT calculator is garbage
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there an incentive for turning books in at cons? I mean, on the surface, you go to a con, buy a book or bring one with you, drop it off at the booth. They keep track of everything on a cafeteria table and boxes behind them via writing down the information by hand. Then they take it to HQ and someone has to manually enter all these into the system from everyone AND keep solid records.
There are many areas of risk of human error here.

Now you could mail in your books and they have the invoice attached at the receiving dock and everything is scanned in and you are in the pipeline.

So where is the incentive for cons? You are trying to circumvent the system by bringing in much more risk by dropping them off at a con. For what? To save $13.65 Priority shipping costs? Do you get a discount by dropping off at a con? (I seriously don't know if you do, I have never been to a con before).

This whole move really took a tool on con drop offs via reading the boards. I have sent books in after the move and gotten them back (7 week fast pass modern and consumer levels) and couldn't be happier.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by billkruser5
Is there an incentive for turning books in at cons? I mean, on the surface, you go to a con, buy a book or bring one with you, drop it off at the booth. They keep track of everything on a cafeteria table and boxes behind them via writing down the information by hand. Then they take it to HQ and someone has to manually enter all these into the system from everyone AND keep solid records.

Now you could mail in your books and they have the invoice attached at the receiving dock and everything is scanned in and you are in the pipeline.

So where is the incentive for cons? You are trying to circumvent the system by bringing in much more risk by dropping them off at a con. For what? To save $13.65 Priority shipping costs? Do you get a discount by dropping off at a con? (I seriously don't know if you do, I have never been to a con before).

This whole move really took a tool on con drop offs via reading the boards. I have sent books in after the move and gotten them back (7 week fast pass modern and consumer levels) and couldn't be happier.

When you are only talking a couple books then yea there isn't much difference but if/when you are submitting stacks of books, the saving on shipping and insurance is pretty considerable. Aside from the terrible planning and implementation of the move, submitting at cons normally goes quite smoothly.
Post 453 IP   flag post
@billkruser5 ive only submitted 2 times at cons. The con in April I went to was at the same time I was going to send a submission in so i just went on and dropped some books off. It saved some money on shipping. Not a whole lot but it was about 15 bucks I had to spend at the con instead of shipping.
Post 454 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by billkruser5

Even for say 10 books..shipping is significantly more from Canada...i knew what books i was dropping ahead of time and had my invoice printed etc from the cbcs site so no risk of error on their side for re-entry(plus a few were witnessed signatures as i got my AW before they announced they would be at the con and i was doing a vip dinner so i dont think anyone from cbcs would be there to witness for me)...they were simply my mules!
Post 455 IP   flag post
601258 999 30