CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT
FYI:

I submitted 2 separate orders at the Lexington, KY Comic Con on March 10th.
(no pressing -- no fast track)

Both orders were marked received on Apr 2nd
One order went into Grading on April 24th
The second order went into Grading a couple days ago ... May 22nd

Update:
Starting week 22 -- Both orders still marked as being in Grading

New:
Dropped off a new order At Heroes Con on Jun 15th
Also no-pressing / no fast track / no signatures
Marked Received July 3rd

WOW! 22 weeks??? have they sent you any updates? I would expect an email or phone call if it's gone that far past the expected turnaround. Good luck! Hopefully you will get them sooner than later.
Post 401 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
@Themaxx35 My books arrived...still "In Shipping".

Marty

Congrats on receiving them! Hopefully they came back at or better than you were expecting
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi2u

Unfortunately, because of the way CBCS system works, the date that is shown is the date the invoice was created, not the date the books were received by CBCS...depending on how the books were submitted, that date in your screenshot could be meaningless. Was it an online invoice? Submitted through a facilitator? Mail or show? etc.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo my Modern submission (nothing extra, just Modern tier grading) was received by CBCS March 13, and also went into "Grading" around the end of April. Still marked as "Grading" as of today. I really appreciated your posting your info, so thought you might like to see that my March 13 submission is having a very similar experience to yours.
Post 404 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
@Themaxx35 My books arrived...still "In Shipping".

Marty

Congrats on receiving them! Hopefully they came back at or better than you were expecting

BATMAN COMICS #386 came back at 9.8
BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE came back at 8.5

Both at what I had expected.
Thanks for asking.

Marty
Post 405 IP   flag post

Collector jedi2u private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi2u

Unfortunately, because of the way CBCS system works, the date that is shown is the date the invoice was created, not the date the books were received by CBCS...depending on how the books were submitted, that date in your screenshot could be meaningless. Was it an online invoice? Submitted through a facilitator? Mail or show? etc.

It was mailed in....they charged my card and showed the books received on MARCH 6th.
Post 406 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Just when I’m looking at giving CBCS another shot, I get invoiced for a book I never sent them, with the invoice and email looking like a poor phishing attempt. I forwarded it to customer service trying to let them know I think someone is trying to steal people’s info and they tell me that it’s legit. So you take 8 months to complete my order (that I finally received) then turn around and try to bill me for someone else’s book?

Post 407 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@HammitChris are they at least sending the book to your place?? Is it something good??
Post 408 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@HammitChris are they at least sending the book to your place?? Is it something good??

Haha, no I did't get a package. I live in Tennessee and it is being sent to Maryland...lol go figure! I actually feel bad for whose ever book that is.
Post 409 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT
FYI:

I submitted 2 separate orders at the Lexington, KY Comic Con on March 10th.
(no pressing -- no fast track)

Both orders were marked received on Apr 2nd
One order went into Grading on April 24th
The second order went into Grading a couple days ago ... May 22nd

Update:
Starting week 22 -- Both orders still marked as being in Grading

New:
Dropped off a new order At Heroes Con on Jun 15th
Also no-pressing / no fast track / no signatures
Marked Received July 3rd

WOW! 22 weeks??? have they sent you any updates? I would expect an email or phone call if it's gone that far past the expected turnaround. Good luck! Hopefully you will get them sooner than later.

@TheComicDoJo -- No email nor phone call, but I know they are behind...they know they are behind so as long as there are others with a March / April received date still waiting, I'm not too concerned.

@RareComics -- Thanks for also letting me know you are still waiting with similar dates. It is why I posted my info...to let others know they are not the only ones still waiting.

As a suggestion to CBCS, if you could come up with a way of giving us a number in the queue and on the web page say "Now grading ModMar5987 out of ModMar8352", (Pressing / Grading / Shipping has own queues, and the customer's queue number would change as the books moved to a new dept) it would ease some anxiety knowing where our orders are and seeing progress. If the web showed that you are working on April books and mine had a March queue number, then I know I should call...otherwise I would see you are just not to my order yet. It won't help now...but maybe something to consider for the future.
Post 410 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My order, received April 6, hit shipping today. I have one order submitted at WonderCon (received date should be March 28th) that’s still in grading.
Post 411 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
May 22nd...still says submitted
Post 412 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
May 22nd...still says submitted

Not sure any of the status updates actually mean anything...

June 2nd - now into Received (not sure when it got to that status)
Post 413 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
@CLT yea. Thata a good idea. I wish they would let me know how many orders/books are ahead of mine. Like if they do 1000 books a week and they have 3000 ahead of mine I would at least have an idea. I think thats alot better than saying im on week 18 of a 12 week turn around time. Even if they updated it once a week. It wouldn’t take someone more than 30 minutes and it would help calm alot of people down. I submitted on April 18.
Post 414 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Would be nice if they offered free shipping returning books after heading if behind. Maybe not a week or two behind but over 6 weeks. Come on man
Post 415 IP   flag post
Collector DrPepper private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted a two day modern at Boston Fan Expo last weekend. Does anyone know how long this will probably take?

Two days won't work for sure. Lol
Post 416 IP   flag post
Collector atrembley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPepper
Submitted a two day modern at Boston Fan Expo last weekend. Does anyone know how long this will probably take?

Two days won't work for sure. Lol

I just submitted a two-day with VSP via mail. I made a little thread to follow
Post 417 IP   flag post
Collector Jlocust79 private msg quote post Address this user
I have orders from early March and April from and I can't even get ahold of customer service to get an idea of when I can expect anything. By my calculations I am at least at week 20 on some of my orders. Call to speak to someone at customer service and it tells me to leave a message, someone will get back to me. But alas their mailbox is full. Surprise. Then I am hung up on. Thats nots cool. I know they moved and such and expected some delay. But shouldn't say its going to be 12 weeks when you have to way to hold to it. If I knew it was going to be this long I would never have submitted my books.
Post 418 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 419 IP   flag post
Collector Jlocust79 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to let everyone know that I emailed customer service about what I would deem outstanding orders. Got a response and and update. Informed that my orders are all in encapsulation and should be getting a shipping notification shortly. I would say probably maybe a week or so. I am thinking that with the move that they got further behind then anticipated. It may also be putting their systems of updating where orders are actually at behind. Reach out and be patient I guess is the name of the game.
Post 420 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
March 16 order just moved to "Shipping" (not "Shipped). 5 books in Modern tier, no extras. Spent maybe 10-14 weeks in "Grading." I am thrilled. By the way, yesterday morning (Saturday) they were still in Grading. Saw they went to Shipping at 3 AM today (Sunday). I appreciate the updates others are providing, so I am doing the same.
Post 421 IP   flag post
Collector George private msg quote post Address this user
I turned mine in at Indiana, con the last day of March of this year. I had 41 books that I sent in. They separated the one book getting pressed because they said it would take about two months longer so I agreed. Originally I was supposed to get the books around mid July. They have been in grading for over a month now. I had issues With customer service also. They said they had short staff issues but were always very nice when I got a hold of someone. They said the move did hurt. I agree that they should be better at communicating where they are in the process to relieve anxiety’s. I told them I was disappointed in the turnaround. They said they understood and explained the move and short Staffing.
Post 422 IP   flag post
Collector HomageCollector private msg quote post Address this user
NO RESPONSES FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO UPDATE ON DASHBOARD, ORDER FROM EARLY MARCH AND STILL "PROCESSING". CAN'T CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE, VOICEMAIL FULL....................
WORST GRADING SERVICE THUS FAR.
Post 423 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
Im in "processing" now but I submitted mine June 3rd so I can't really complain yet as my TAT hasn't passed. Not to mention a lot of you have been waiting since early spring, all the feels to you guys.
Post 424 IP   flag post
@stevguitar niagara falls conicon?? Click on your invoice to see the "real" status. Mine says processing on the main page but when i click into the order it says received!
Post 425 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics ahh yes you're correct, mine is also in received. Good to know thanks.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
#soon
Post 427 IP   flag post
CBCS is starting to really get some negative feedback online. Anyone know if they will release a statement soon? I know this move to Dallas was big and great for the company however I'm hoping they can share something with the world.

Also, I know folks have shared the CBCS process however does anyone know how many people they have grading books? They must have thousands in the pipeline... if they only have 3-5 people grading, they might never catch up. Perhaps they are also training some Beckett people on grading as well?
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
A customer service fiasco is what this is.

Things they could consider doing but won't....

Stop going/getting submissions from Cons-you already got ton of work to get through.

Stop fast pass I mean really I've been waiting five months why should someone jump to the head of the line even if they pay for it.

Really it's not necessary to show a sweet golden/sliver age collection that just got in and will be completed in a couple of weeks.

communication -let us know you've increased staff, encourage/approve overtime in order to get the situation under control.

appreciation- offer those who've been waiting the longest some sort of deal on their next order.

It's just such a mess and I'm really not interested in using them anymore.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector George private msg quote post Address this user
I know when they were just bought by Beckett they had around 30 employees total. During the move they said they lost some. Now they are in Texas and they are training employees. My guess is they are somewhere between 20 and 40 employees. They did say most, if not all, of the graders came with them. What all of the roles are there I do not know. My guess is they have about 5 to 15 graders. I know they said customer service dropped from six people answering phones to only two. Hopefully we just need to be patient and they will establish a stronger foundation
Post 430 IP   flag post
600516 999 30