Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
but it's my understanding you cant leave them there permanently......
=(
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash
Anyone get any good news today? I did not.

Just got books shipped email, received 3-22 finally
Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by _satan
Quote:

How long between your order completed email and the shipped email? Wondering if I should expect a delay in the shipping department.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Quote:

How long between your order completed email and the shipped email? Wondering if I should expect a delay in the shipping department.

still waiting on fedex for shipping confirm
Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
My April 12 Modern (just grading, no extras) moved from Received to Grading late yesterday. My March 16 Modern (just grading) is still listed as Grading. Thanks to everyone who is keeping us informed as to status.
Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
My April 4th order has been grading for weeks. All modern with ASP, no pressing or fast pass. I emailed customer service last week and was told my books were in labeling, even though my account still states grading. Does anyone know how long the labeling process takes before quality control/shipping phase? The service rep. did not offer any estimate on how long the process would take, so a general idea would be helpful.
Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector JohnnyCash private msg quote post Address this user
My 3 submissions have been in Labeling for weeks now. They arrived at CBCS on March 20/18. Some people that submitted after me have received their books back while I am still wondering what the heck is going on.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. That is very disappointing to hear, so I will just wait and see if CS replies to my last email I sent this past Monday.
Post 358 IP   flag post
just got my shipped email. Checked my grades online, very disappoined with metal #4 got a 9.4. It should have been a 9.8 They claim there is a crease through the book, with out absolute proof it would be useless to argue they damaged it right?
Post 359 IP   flag post
@_satan when did they receive your books?
Post 360 IP   flag post
Quote:
3-22
Post 361 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
3-22

Awesome! they have had mine since 03-20
Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Alright! CBCS received my submission today. 12 week turnaround puts me around 11/1. Man, I wish my boss would give me that long to get things done Pretty pumped! 12 book submission.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Got a message from FedEx that the books are on the way (4 moderns subbed March 27) but the website hasn't updated to show "shipped" and grades - just fyi
Post 364 IP   flag post
Just called (I know, leave them alone and let them do their job). It is frustrating to hear people are getting their books back when they submitted them after mine.
I was just told that they are in Heat Seal? I was told weeks ago that they are in labeling and would be ready to ship shortly after. Now they seem to have taken a step or two back?
Where in the process is heat seal? I don't know what to believe.
Post 365 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just called (I know, leave them alone and let them do their job). It is frustrating to hear people are getting their books back when they submitted them after mine.
I was just told that they are in Heat Seal? I was told weeks ago that they are in labeling and would be ready to ship shortly after. Now they seem to have taken a step or two back?
Where in the process is heat seal? I don't know what to believe.

Heat seal's not a step back. Its the step after labels, or so I understand. Once the labels are confirmed the books are heat sealed. The seal actually runs through the label for security reasons, so labels have to be finalized first. You're on the brink of shipping.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I am not that concerned because many who submitted well before me are still waiting . My book was submitted in person to their facility April 4 for pressing and grading, nothing extra. It has never moved off received. My invoice does state 24 weeks for it to be processed so that would land it somewhere in at least Halloween trick or treat time I guess. I would have hoped to see it was in pressing or something by now, but well that's how it goes
Post 367 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Heat seal's not a step back. Its the step after labels, or so I understand. Once the labels are confirmed the books are heat sealed. The seal actually runs through the label for security reasons, so labels have to be finalized first. You're on the brink of shipping.

That is great to hear. Thanks a lot Darkseid_of_town I appreciate it. As you can tall I am getting tired of waiting.
Post 368 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
When I'm feeling down and out, I just come to this thread. For some reason I leave feeling better
Post 369 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
So a facilitator i follow posted this piece of info:

THE CBCS TURNAROUND TIMES.
We had a conference call with CBCS last Tuesday, and the good news is books are progressively moving through the Received, Grading & QC process again now that CBCS’ move from their original St. Petersburg, FL offices to their new home at Beckett Media in Dallas, TX is now complete. As of our call, the current turnaround time for all modern tier grading is between 16-18 weeks (4-4.5 months), and 8-9 weeks (a little over 2 months) for Fast Pass & Original Art slabs.

For reference i had books received 5/11 and 5/25 (confirmed via call to CBCS cs). That would put my 5/11 order at 13 weeks today. So if the above holds true this order still has 3-5 weeks to go. I'm really not putting much stock in the status reflected on the site.
Post 370 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
From Beckett's card grading site:
==================================
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Due to a historic number of orders/cards being submitted, and our growing wait times with our non-guaranteed service level, Beckett Grading will temporarily suspend their 10-day service level, starting June 7, 2018. Our goal with this move is to work on our extensive backlog that continues to grow daily, and examine cards in the manner they need to be examined.

We apologize for the extended delays in getting your orders back recently and hope this move will go a long way in resolving that issue. We will update the submission form and website when the 10-day level is again being offered, but until further notice all submissions will need to go under one of the other three levels. Thank you for your business and we appreciate your patience during this time. If you have any questions about this, please contact us at grading@beckett.com.
===================================
I wonder if something like this will happen with comics
Post 371 IP   flag post
Yay! Just got the email we all wait for! My books are coming home. I wasn't as patient as I should've been. It'll be just under 20 weeks for this process. I must admit even though the TAT isn't great right now CBCS does have good customer service. Thanks everyone for all the help.
Post 372 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
@JohnnyCash did you have fast pass or anything special on your books. Im on week 17 and hope to get mine by the beginning of next month.
Post 373 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
@JohnnyCash did you have fast pass or anything special on your books. Im on week 17 and hope to get mine by the beginning of next month.

No, nothing fancy. Just 3 modern books. No fast pass, no pressing.
Post 374 IP   flag post
Collector ramccall01 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't get your hopes up. I'm on week 27 as of today. Been in grading for over 14 weeks now. When I contacted customer service they said my books were in production and should be done within the next week and a half. That was 7 weeks ago. No response to my follow up email I sent yesterday yet. This is starting to get ridiculous.

FYI, No fast pass or pressing.
Post 375 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
what are the official progressions? anyone know?

submitted-received-grading-QA-shipped?
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I got my March 22 last week.

My May 7 invoice (6 modern books, no fast pass, no press) are hitting 11 weeks in received.

I have another invoice that I do need to pay for, but I would love to see progress on my other invoice before I take care of that bill. Maybe I will just send 1/2 of it tonight but still disappointed.

I wonder if Sandeep Dua is cracking the whip..
Post 377 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@stanley_1883

I forgot who I copied this from. But I copied it for my own reference.

The order of the different levels is as follows:

Submitted

Billing (your order can change to this status at any time if your order

isn't paid when received)

Received

Grading

Labels

QC

Shipping (this is when you will typically get a "Order Completed" email)

Completed (this is the final stage after books have shipped; this is when

you will typically receive an email saying your order has shipped with the

tracking number. This is when you have access to grades)

Its possible that orders can be marked Labels/QC/Shipping all in the same

day so you won't necessarily see every one of the levels per se.
Post 378 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
thank you
Post 379 IP   flag post
My books were just delivered but the website still has them listed as in “shipping” with no grades. So the website is not updating very quickly. Just FYI for those of you who are see status changes when you log in.
Post 380 IP   flag post
600864 999 30