Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector bigtate private msg quote post Address this user
I just submitted another email to Customer Service, but I wanted to let people know that are estimating turnaround times:

I submitted 5 books with signatures to be verified at the Huntsville Comic & Pop Expo on February 24th. They were entered into the system on March 14. So that is 22 weeks tomorrow since handed over and over 19 weeks since they entered the system. I believe they entered "Grading" back in May before the move. They are still in "Grading."

This has been very disheartening. I feel the move should have been advertised longer in advance and the people that submitted before the announcement should have had their books graded in Florida and not moved. I can't help but feel like grades could be affected by moving "mid-stage." It will be a while before I submit more.
Post 276 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkinWillie - When you go to your dashboard page and click on your blue invoice number it should take you to another screen that for me now says “received.” I guess technically they are all part of processing. You can also click on your Invoice which should now say “submitted.” If those haven’t changed in 18 weeks, I would let CBCS Customer Service know that.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@WalkinWillie - When you go to your dashboard page and click on your blue invoice number it should take you to another screen that for me now says “received.” I guess technically they are all part of processing. You can also click on your Invoice which should now say “submitted.” If those haven’t changed in 18 weeks, I would let CBCS Customer Service know that.

I asked the question to customer service about why my dashboard says submitted when I have heard they are working on my submission. They replied saying I don’t know.
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
@Gamecube2482 They are def not doing orders in order my books from March 12th are still sitting there yet I seen someone with March 22nd get their books back
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector Varaek13 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, it has now been 15 weeks, going on 16 weeks since you started processing my stuff. I didn't get pressing, and you have had it an additional 4 weeks on top of the 16 weeks. That's 20 weeks. But now, I am.seeing people who submitted their stuff 7 weeks ago, and have it back. I need answers now. No more bullshit. No more Jake Flemming excuses, No more! I want my stuff back now or I will be taking legal action.
Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector Lsmrph private msg quote post Address this user
Hell yes! Lol
Post 281 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
My March 22 books just arrived. Ten Moderns (no extras at all). They look gorgeous! Very pleased with these books.

My 6 moderns submitted and paid on the same day (March 22) are still in grading.

I REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to be compensated. Really I do.
Post 282 IP   flag post
Collector JohnnyCash private msg quote post Address this user
They received mine March 20th. Stuck in labels for weeks now. Is Labels close to being done? Would like to get my books back sometime.
Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector RavenBeard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaek13
Ok, it has now been 15 weeks, going on 16 weeks since you started processing my stuff. I didn't get pressing, and you have had it an additional 4 weeks on top of the 16 weeks. That's 20 weeks. But now, I am.seeing people who submitted their stuff 7 weeks ago, and have it back. I need answers now. No more bullshit. No more Jake Flemming excuses, No more! I want my stuff back now or I will be taking legal action.
Too funny. I thought the same thing but did not write it. By the time you "take legal Action" and get things going and a court date etc. You will be a month to two months down the road, out money and your books will come. Just keep checking, watching, etc, and when you get them back express your displeasure and never submit to CBCS again like most on this thread will do. To include me.
Post 284 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Something I don’t understand. I’ve seen some say the invoice provides updates. Every time I click the blue link for my invoice it just pulls up a pdf of the original invoice. Where, other than the dashboard do I see the status changes as my books move through?
Post 285 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
@Robert86m That sucks. I guess it will be another 2 months before I get mine back.
Post 286 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnjakewish
*update* Dropped off 15 modern ASP/VSP at ECCC March 1st, marked recieved March 15th. Still in “grading,” 20 and 18 weeks respectively.

* Now 21 and 19 weeks respectively
Post 287 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:

Something I don’t understand. I’ve seen some say the invoice provides updates. Every time I click the blue link for my invoice it just pulls up a pdf of the original invoice. Where, other than the dashboard do I see the status changes as my books move through?

That pdf of the invoice changes. Take a look at the new one that pops up versus the original one you submitted with your books. In addition to changing the status of your order, it can also show you billing changes. For example, if you submitted a book under a tier that caps out at $250 in value, and that book gets a 9.8 grade and is worth $400 in that grade, your invoice will change to show that book bumped to a higher tier. So even if the grades aren’t yet available to you (you can’t see them until your books leave shipping), you have an idea that you must have received a pretty nice grade for any that were bumped up a tier (or two).
Post 288 IP   flag post
Collector Bane313 private msg quote post Address this user
On week 21 now. My books have been in labeling since mid May. I understand that 2 day orders get priority in queue, but once books begin the process, shouldn't they all be processed at the same rate?
Post 289 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted....
Post 290 IP   flag post
What are the steps? Mine has been in Labeling for a while now. Is there many more after Labeling? If so, how many more steps to go for my books?
Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector marvelfreak1313 private msg quote post Address this user
If someone could let me know what's up with my books. I understand that you moved and everything, since you did move across several state lines with people's precious cargo in tow. Which I totally understand is no small feet. But I turned in my books Friday March 23rd At WonderCon in Anaheim. They didn't get put into the system until April 2nd. They went 2 weeks past the 13 weeks to be done, they have now been in Grading according to the website now for what is 3 weeks. We are now moving into their 19th week being with CBCS. I did have a signature verification, before grading, and I was answered by Steve Borock on Facebook group with what seemed like a genuine response that CBCS was working 7 days a week to get caught up, but now it looks like that may have been a stock answer, because that was 2 weeks ago. I have wanted to submit other books for grading, but not if it takes this long, I have talked to other people who submitted their books after mine, with signature verification, and no fast pass, and they have their books already. I don't understand whats happening. Very frustrated at this point.
Post 292 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
That pdf of the invoice changes. Take a look at the new one that pops up versus the original one you submitted with your books. In addition to changing the status of your order, it can also show you billing changes. For example, if you submitted a book under a tier that caps out at $250 in value, and that book gets a 9.8 grade and is worth $400 in that grade, your invoice will change to show that book bumped to a higher tier. So even if the grades aren’t yet available to you (you can’t see them until your books leave shipping), you have an idea that you must have received a pretty nice grade for any that were bumped up a tier (or two).

I finally saw the change in the pdf. It indicated that my books are in the Pressing stage. I had two of the seven that I wanted pressed. I'm not sure when they went into pressing because I never noticed this before. Thanks for the explanation. I don't understand why the dashboard doesn't update but the pdf does. This seems like a very weird system.

I have struggled with this submission. Hopefully they don't stay there forever. I am actually beginning to think that if I had paid for fast pass that it would have been wasted money.
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector Sirziggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak1313
If someone could let me know what's up with my books. I understand that you moved and everything, since you did move across several state lines with people's precious cargo in tow. Which I totally understand is no small feet. But I turned in my books Friday March 23rd At WonderCon in Anaheim. They didn't get put into the system until April 2nd. They went 2 weeks past the 13 weeks to be done, they have now been in Grading according to the website now for what is 3 weeks. We are now moving into their 19th week being with CBCS. I did have a signature verification, before grading, and I was answered by Steve Borock on Facebook group with what seemed like a genuine response that CBCS was working 7 days a week to get caught up, but now it looks like that may have been a stock answer, because that was 2 weeks ago. I have wanted to submit other books for grading, but not if it takes this long, I have talked to other people who submitted their books after mine, with signature verification, and no fast pass, and they have their books already. I don't understand whats happening. Very frustrated at this point.

Also submitted mine at WonderCon. Same stage as yours.
Post 294 IP   flag post
Collector Bane313 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane313
On week 21 now. My books have been in labeling since mid May. I understand that 2 day orders get priority in queue, but once books begin the process, shouldn't they all be processed at the same rate?

Update: I received the email today that the grading is complete and ready to be shipped!
Post 295 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
March 29
Post 296 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Emailed them today got a response back today!. They said they just got my books back from pressing. So it will be done sooner then later maybe before summer is out! Right now they are 10 weeks over the 24 week quoted time.
Post 297 IP   flag post
Still in labeling. Getting upset now. What is the step after labeling? Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?
Post 298 IP   flag post
@JohnnyCash The site doesn't update correctly for everyone my crap from March 12th still says grading yet it is said to be waiting slabs
Post 299 IP   flag post
Wow! just Wow! they know people are waiting. Can they not at least update? I know there are lots of books and stuff to do but this is getting dumb. I am holding off submitting anymore until the TAT gets vastly better. 18 weeks in and still waiting.
Post 300 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got back my two books that arrived June 4th. I shipped them to Texas initially and they got checked in on the 18th and back dated to the 4th. I only had 1 modern and 1 consumer fast pass books. No pressing, no signatures.
I just shipped 3 more modern fast pass books this morning. I think they are catching up or on the verge of being caught up. I will still use CBCS. No issues on my end. I have even emailed their customer service concerning a book that was shipped to me right before the move to where it is still in "Shipping" status to let them know it can be moved to completed as I had it in hand since mid June. They respond within 24 hours.
Maybe its the tactic. I don't start off with telling them how awful and terrible and can't believe they are sucking oxygen and I am going to sue them. I have always been nice/professional and they have returned the favor to me.
Maybe its also different if I shipped in 100 books and got the other services like pressing attached as well.
Maybe I am really lucky and someone happened to set my books on top of a pile instead of going into the longer queue.
Not sure where I am going with this long of a post other than, I am sure the books are coming. I think CBCS is doing great or else I wouldn't keep sending my books to them.
Post 301 IP   flag post
When a service you paid out for is sitting at 21 weeks and you watch orders that are in the same tier level get shipped before yours that where submitted 10 or more days after people have every right to be beyond pissed there is no reason a March 22nd order should have been completed and shipped before a 12th order
Post 302 IP   flag post
What are the levels? I want to know where in the process is Labeling? How much longer is the process?
Post 303 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to know y label seem get messed up on early grade outs
Post 304 IP   flag post
Another day, no answers. I guess I'll ask again tomorrow.
Post 305 IP   flag post
598019 999 30