Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector mjon30 private msg quote post Address this user
Love the dragon. Yes... CBCS processing time is so slow. I don't think I'd use again unless I have no other options and need unwitnessed signatures verified. It's a good company but the infrastructure is a mess. At least they didn't team-up with PSA, which is even worse. Oh wait... they sort of did. Didn't the Beckett graders come from PSA?
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector mjon30 private msg quote post Address this user
Frankly, I've never had good luck with PSA or Beckett and if I use an economy tier with CBCS by the time I get my books back, I forgot I ever owned them. That said, I've always gotten them back and the grading is always fair... not so much the spelling but the grades are right.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
*update* Dropped off 15 modern ASP/VSP at ECCC March 1st, marked recieved March 15th. Still in “grading,” 20 and 18 weeks respectively.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Update *

I just got a "ready to be shipped" email, so that makes me excited
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Update *

What was your "received" date?
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Update *

What was your "received" date?

March 12
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got the "Ready to be shipped" email last night! So excited! Two books. One modern and one consumer 6 week fast pass, no pressing.
Books received on June 4th.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I keep thinking leaving the pressing operation in Florida and moving the grading to Dallas will almost have to add additional days to an already apparently traffic jam problem..it does not seem to facilitate ease of handling nor rapidity of services.
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still a little torqued off; I submitted my books in person at Comicpalooza in Houston on May 26. According to the dashboard, they were not received until June 28th. So in addition to the epic-length TAT, I also managed to rack up a month of limbo. Have yet to have the mystery of the missing month reasonably explained.

Now the books I submitted on the *same day* under the two-day tier were received May 31st & made their way back to me in two weeks.

I get that the TAT is going to be different based on tier, but shouldn't both have arrived on the same day?
Post 234 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament Turnaround starts the Wednesday after the show no matter how long it takes to get the books entered into the system. There is no limbo.

All books are received from the show at the same time. The receiving department will go through the orders and pull out all of the 1-Day, 2-Day, Rapid, and Quickstream orders. Those are entered into the system immediately and put in for grading, remember, the turnaround clock has already started.

The remaining books sit in queue to be entered. During convention season, this can take 2 to 6 weeks. Again, the turnaround started the Wednesday after the show, regardless of how long it takes to get them entered.
Post 235 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I keep thinking leaving the pressing operation in Florida and moving the grading to Dallas will almost have to add additional days to an already apparently traffic jam problem..it does not seem to facilitate ease of handling nor rapidity of services.

Once we have everything functioning properly, there will not be any additional delays because of the office being in Florida. Quite the contrary, actually.
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
hard to understand how books that have to be shipped back and forth wont cost already extended days of time, as well as exposing them to possible loss, further damage, or other unseen factors . The only possible way I can see that works is if you plan on having shuttle drivers going back and forth daily, which still would seem exceptionally cost ineffective
Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector Rollerpig private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts If I submitted my books at C2E2 in Chicago on April 6th, you technically received them on the Wednesday after (April 11)which then starts the clock on the TAT. My question is why does the dashboard say April 25th? Does that mean my submission is going to take 2 weeks longer to process than normal?

The book I submitted needed a signature verified, which adds a week or so to the TAT but the google spreadsheet that was posted to the Facebook group suggests that even with adding a signature, my book should be shipping on the 27th of this month. Now I know there is a log jam because of the move, but realistically, how long do you think it will be before I see my book again?
Post 238 IP   flag post
@Rollerpig You'll need to email customerservice@cbcscomics.com
Post 239 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Thank you for clearing that up sir.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
Steve i would like to know what are limits on pressing a book, well actually i would know how it affect autographs and abnormal stock like chromium books?
Post 241 IP   flag post
Signatures are usually not an issue. The only time they can be is if the signature was done with a paint marker (usually silver or gold metallic) on a super glossy cover, such as one of the new DC books on super thick, glossy stock. I will reject any book for pressing if I think the risk of damage is too great. There is no charge to the customer for books rejected this way.

Chromium books cannot be pressed with heat, but there are defects that can be greatly improved with other methods. Likewise, the results can be limited on books with embossed covers, very thick cardboard stock (such as Killing Joke), lenticular covers, and in some cases books with odd die-cuts or some inserts. Again, if I feel there is risk of damaging the book or I do not have an alternative method for improving the book, I will reject it from pressing at no charge to the customer.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Collector Jlocust79 private msg quote post Address this user
Currently sitting at 16 weeks, and counting. Not too happy but what can I do? I imagine with SDCC over it will get much worse. Hope not.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Collector shimabuku private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently sitting at 9 weeks and my books is still showing submitted on my dashboard. I should have read this thread before submitting my shit to CBCS. I emailed customerservice@cbcscomics.com every single day for the past 8 days. No reply. Lesson learned.

I mailed a few books to CGC and it got there this past Friday and today it shows verified on my dashboard.
Post 244 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Is the man w/ foil covers. Chromium ASM #300 & Venom LP Gold's have come back from his shop with serious improvement.
Post 245 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Order submitted for modern pre-screens on 3/17 so it is in the 19th week right now.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my sub from 3/14 today. I just wish they would've emailed me to tell me it shipped. I was lucky to be home to sign for it. Come on guys, get with the program. Thanx anyway for getting my books to me.
Post 247 IP   flag post
@rejaak Your order was completed in the system when it was shipped. An email should have gone out when that happened. Could you look in your spam folder to see if maybe that's what happened?
Post 248 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This is amazing. Truly amazing.
Post 249 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
because of the office being in Florida.

Is it because the HULK 181 vanity plate was taken in Texas?
Post 250 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Sorry, but I could not find a shipping email in my system.
Post 251 IP   flag post
@rejaak I checked the system and the emails are working. Jake said that hotmail is very bad about bumping our automated emails into the spam folders. If it's not there, have a look in the filters. Perhaps they're being deleted.
Post 252 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts ok..I guess I should start using a different email addy such as one of my comcast accounts.Thanks for the heads up.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Send an email to customerservice@cbcscomics.com and see if Jake can help you figure it out. You can also call the office tomorrow and ask for him. He's much more knowledgeable about how to fix it than I am.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector eloreto private msg quote post Address this user
ok, My 7 week submission with signature varification accepted May 22nd... grades just posted. Thats... not bad. Maybe cbcs is catching up. I may have to get another batch sent over there.
Post 255 IP   flag post
601537 999 30