CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

FS Hunt for Wolverine #1 1:500 kubert5922

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
It got a 9.6 with no grading notes

Could be fun if mine is the first to hit ebay


CGC is super tight on moderns now; a single small pine tick and you get a 9.6.


Factually incorrect. I get 9.8's back from CGC with spine ticks and bindery chips all the time. They are very loose these days CAKY.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
It got a 9.6 with no grading notes

Could be fun if mine is the first to hit ebay


CGC is super tight on moderns now; a single small pine tick and you get a 9.6.

Anyway...I know you don't like pre-sales but if there are no other slabbed copies on eBay, I'd jump on putting yours on there, post haste.

First to market prices are always sweet.

Just make it a 7 or 14 day pre-sale....If it's graded, it should be on its way to you tomorrow.


It has already been shipped - so on the way to me.

I will list it once I get it. Too many returns on pre-sold slabs. I have had buyers returning slabs for the weirdest reasons. Actually I have one being returned now - because the noob buyer disagrees with CGC’s grading (it is a 9.8)
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
It got a 9.6 with no grading notes

Could be fun if mine is the first to hit ebay


CGC is super tight on moderns now; a single small pine tick and you get a 9.6.


Factually incorrect. I get 9.8's back from CGC with spine ticks and bindery chips all the time. They are very loose these days CAKY.


Bindery ticks yes - spine ticks - no. Care to share pics?
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
ok - a CGC 9.8 has been listed for $2500.

i am going to do something very stupid and which i probably will regret and list my 9.6 tonight with a 7 days $0.99 auction

🙀
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
eBay listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hunt-for-Wolverine-1-Adam-Kubert-1-500-Wraparound-Cover-Remastered-CGC-9-6/142825129807?hash=item21410a874f:g:yigAAOSwQz1bGSxh
Post 30 • IP   flag post


Collector 3JJr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
When are we going to get a super villain called the Komodo Dragon Man, or just Komodo?


http://worldofblackheroes.com/2012/05/30/komodo-dragon/


Post 31 • IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@poka how does it feel to be risky
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
ok - a CGC 9.8 has been listed for $2500.

i am going to do something very stupid and which i probably will regret and list my 9.6 tonight with a 7 days $0.99 auction

🙀


...I threw $15 at it. Looks like I got outbid.

Post 33 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I tried to bid cover price but you can't bid less than what's on there. Way to keep things uninteresting, Ebay...

Edit: It looks like a rehash of Wolverine #90 with a different color scheme. I like the colors on it.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
ok - a CGC 9.8 has been listed for $2500.

i am going to do something very stupid and which i probably will regret and list my 9.6 tonight with a 7 days $0.99 auction

🙀





...I threw $15 at it. Looks like I got outbid.



I'll throw at it
Post 35 • IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@Paulbg2000 also outbid
Post 36 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
@poka how does it feel to be risky



On the edge

@DJC_II @Paulbg2000 @Studley_Dudley Cheers. Tks. We are currently at $113
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that color cover looks WAY nicer than the pencil one I thought it had. Good luck with the auction!
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Wow, that color cover looks WAY nicer than the pencil one I thought it had. Good luck with the auction!


Tks. The pencil version is the 1:1000 cover
Post 39 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
@poka how does it feel to be risky



On the edge

@DJC_II @Paulbg2000 @Studley_Dudley Cheers. Tks. We are currently at $113


$113, with 7 or 8 days to go, means just about nothing.

I would pay hundreds more for this CGC 9.6 than $113, and that would be for the sole purpose of resale, at a profit.
Post 40 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids


I would pay hundreds more for this CGC 9.6 than $113, and that would be for the sole purpose of resale, at a profit.


I checked completed sales on eBay a few days out of curiosity. Pretty much topped out at $400 with most being in $300s, but none of them graded that I remember. There were some higher numbers further back in the list but they were obviously pre-sales.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids


I would pay hundreds more for this CGC 9.6 than $113, and that would be for the sole purpose of resale, at a profit.


I checked completed sales on eBay a few days out of curiosity. Pretty much topped out at $400 with most being in $300s, but none of them graded that I remember. There were some higher numbers further back in the list but they were obviously pre-sales.


Most of the sellers who get these books tend to dump their lesser copies on eBay, and sub their better copies for grading.

Pre-sales were also much higher than $400,I think they were around $1000.That is also for copies without pics/scans.

The only other graded copy that has hit the market yet, is a 9.8, at a $2500 BIN.

That price is much too high but even so, that signals the current starting point for 9.8's.

Let's say that $1500, or as low as $1250, is what a 9.8 would sell at; if a 9.8 was priced in that fashion.... which is not the case.

Fresh off of the bat, 9.6's tend to sell at about half what 9.8's sell at.

So, a conservative FMV estimation for a CGC 9.6 would be around $750.
Post 42 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Last 24 hrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hunt-for-Wolverine-1-Adam-Kubert-1-500-Wraparound-Cover-Remastered-CGC-9-6/142825129807?hash=item21410a874f:g:yigAAOSwQz1bGSxh
Post 43 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JJr
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
When are we going to get a super villain called the Komodo Dragon Man, or just Komodo?


http://worldofblackheroes.com/2012/05/30/komodo-dragon/




Well well. Shiver me timbers. I like him. Invincible #9 seems to be the first appearance. Gonna get one of those when I see one. Thanks.
Post 44 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, are you happy with the final sale price, @poka?
Post 45 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
So, are you happy with the final sale price, @poka?




It brought a fair price, IMHO.

I'd wager Poka will be happy after the winner pays, and doesn't send the slab back citing he doesn't agree with the grade.😉😂


I had a buyer give me a positive feedback on a Sandman #1 CBCS 9.6 about 2 years ago, which read something like "Packed well & shipped quickly.Book is not a 9.6, but it's not the seller's fault."

😩

At least that buyer didn't ask for a return/refund.

Poka got burned on 2 slabbed books recently, a CGC and a CBCS.

Getting burned on a third, would be beyond the pale.
Post 46 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve got two slabs in the mail now to e-bay buyers. I’m not remotely concerned about the packaging, but I’ll tell ya, I’m very nervous about shenanigans lately.
Post 47 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - could have been better but could also have been worse so overall think price is fair. As long as it does not get returned.

@CopperAgeKids - yeah - hope it does not get returned but honestly these days you never know.

Buyer already paid so will be shipped tmr
Post 48 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Gonna be a busy day tmr - I am expecting 60 kg of comics
Post 49 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Buyer left positive feedback. Smooth transaction
Post 50 • IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Great success!
Post 51 • IP   flag post
657131 51 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?