Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
SignaturesSigning Opportunities

Nickel City Comic Con Facilitators?5919

Collector spfd18 private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any facilitators out there that will be attending the Nickel City Comic Con in Buffalo, NY from May 18th-20th? I would like to try and get something signed by Jason Mewes.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Not a bad guest list. It is a bit far for me but I will let you know if I decide to go.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
The events page says they are attending this year.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@TellEmSteveDave which facilitator?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@drchaos thank you sir. Yeah unfortunately I'm in the same predicament distance wise. I live in the NYC area, and there's no way I'm driving/flying up to Buffalo for a Con. Especially when there are a few in the NYC area coming up that I want to go to, that are not going to make my bank account happy šŸ˜‚. However I do have a Jay and Silent Bob comic that I just need Jason Mewes to sign, since Kevin Smith already signed it; and Mewes is hard to come by.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfd18
@TellEmSteveDave which facilitator?

Not sure. Iā€™m assuming they (CBCS) will have a booth that will have witnesses as needed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@TellEmSteveDave True CBCS will probably have a booth. However that really doesn't help me since I'm not going to be able to attend the con. That's why I'm looking for a facilitator who will be attending the con, so I can send him the comic I want signed by the actor. I wish CBCS and CGC did their own facilitating at any show they attend. This way if you can't find a facilitator, you could always send it into the grading company for them to get it signed and graded. Unfortunately to my knowledge, CGC only does that at the big shows, but you still have to be at the show to submit your books to them. For example, this past October when I was at New York Comic Con; I stopped at CGC's booth and they were excepting comic book submissions for a Robert Kirkman signing that was happening that day. But thank you anyway.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfd18
@TellEmSteveDave True CBCS will probably have a booth. However that really doesn't help me since I'm not going to be able to attend the con. That's why I'm looking for a facilitator who will be attending the con, so I can send him the comic I want signed by the actor. I wish CBCS and CGC did their own facilitating at any show they attend. This way if you can't find a facilitator, you could always send it into the grading company for them to get it signed and graded. Unfortunately to my knowledge, CGC only does that at the big shows, but you still have to be at the show to submit your books to them. For example, this past October when I was at New York Comic Con; I stopped at CGC's booth and they were excepting comic book submissions for a Robert Kirkman signing that was happening that day. But thank you anyway.

Last time I had a book signed for a CBCS gold label, I just walked up to the CBCS table and a CBCS employee witnessed the signing.

Same thing for CGC....just walked up to their booth.

They offered (both CBCS and CGC) to stand in line for me, but I stood in line with a witness from each company because I like to hand the book to the creator on a wooden board....because I'm always worried about a creator man handling my books.

I believe CBCS will still do that, just like CGC has an employee or 2 standing by at CGC'S booth for witnessing signatures.

It's been over a year since I had any gold labels done, I'd call CBCS or email their customer service email account to ask them specifically.

But I was at all of those shows so that would almost certainly make things different with both CBCS and CGC.

IOW, neither company could ever possibly have enough staff on hand to handle the volume of witnessed signings at big shows like Baltimore, Nickel City etc, if everyone just shipped books into CBCS and CGC foregoing AW and SS faciliators.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids yeah I know that both companies have witnesses and their booths. But what I was talking about with CGC was that at NYCC I was able to take my walking dead comic books (unsigned) to CGC's booth, and drop them off with them (and fill out the paperwork/pay for grading & shipping/pay for Kirkman's signing fee); then leave the convention. And latter that night, CGC took the books to Kirkman for him to sign, cause he had a private signing with them. And I could see your point about how both companies wouldn't have enough employees to facilitate signature requests from every customer who sends in comics for the big shows. However if this is the case, I wish both CBCS and CGC, when announcing on their respective websites or via emails to customers of all the conventions that they will be attending during the year; that they list all of their facilitators that will be attending the shows that the grading companies are attending. This way their customers don't have to struggle to locate a facilitator who will be attending that specific con. All the customer would have to do then, would be to scroll down to the show they are looking for; and pick one of the facilitators that are listed under that show. And if you think of it, this would substantially be beneficial to both the grading companies and their facilitators. Because more comics submitted for signings, would equal an increase in profits for the grading companies and the facilitators. Plus it wouldn't give any facilitator an unfair advantage since all of the attending facilitators would be listed. And it wouldn't take much effort on CBCS/CGC's part to implement something like this. All they would have to do is send out a mass email to all of their facilitators, and request for them to list which shows they will be attending. Then CBCS/CGC just would have to add them to a list on their website, as the replies come back. I mean take my situation. I live in the NYC area and wont be able to make the Nickel City Con in Buffalo, NY. Hence why I'm looking for a facilitator. And if the gentleman @drchaos (who is a facilitator) can't make the con (due to distance from him or what not), and I thank him for offering to facilitate it for me if he attends the con; I don't know of any other facilitators who are attending this con.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600753 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?