Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
My pickups today from a local collectibles show

Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It's not new to my collection, but this is a Cryptkeeper mask given out at the screening for the movie Bordello of Blood.

Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Got my Action 1000 (Jock variants signed, shipped from UK) from ForbiddenPlanet.com today. I have to say I was aware of the risks shipping over seas, but I thought they would take more precaution then sending it in a mailer that was essentially two pieces of cardboard taped over two comics...very weak and it did not protect the ends of the package well...both comics (variant and trade dress) received a major blow to the corner. They were back-to-back so they're both along the bottom but opposite sides.

Love the comic, but very disappointed in FP. Local companies here (like Midtown/Comic Mint/UnknownComicBooks/ComicXposure/Frankies/etc) have a much better mailer that would have likely gotten this to me in NM condition...

Last time I order from them.
Post 203 IP   flag post

Speaking of The Comic Mint: FINALLY got my Thanos #17 homage trade dress...after being delayed (twice) due to production errors.

Comic Mint states they ship minimum 9.6, and likely that is why it took so long. It's not 9.8 shape (has a few very minor abrasions along the spine from being stacked with other comics, I assume) but 9.6 it may be.

Very happy to finally see this one in my hands.
Post 204 IP   flag post

The one of the left is new to my collection (arrived a few days ago). The one on the right is my reader copy that has been in my collection.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Carnage-y goodness!

Post 206 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from my online LCS and they are sending it off for grading. I should receive it in a couple of weeks. Hoping for a 9.8 but a 9.6 would be ok too considering it will be the only one of its kind.

Thanos #13 Albuquerque Variant
Signed By Donny Cates
From The Personal Collection of Donny Cates (1 of 1)

Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Got my Action 1000 (Jock variants signed, shipped from UK) from ForbiddenPlanet.com today. I have to say I was aware of the risks shipping over seas, but I thought they would take more precaution then sending it in a mailer that was essentially two pieces of cardboard taped over two comics...very weak and it did not protect the ends of the package well...both comics (variant and trade dress) received a major blow to the corner. They were back-to-back so they're both along the bottom but opposite sides.

Love the comic, but very disappointed in FP. Local companies here (like Midtown/Comic Mint/UnknownComicBooks/ComicXposure/Frankies/etc) have a much better mailer that would have likely gotten this to me in NM condition...

Last time I order from them.
ouch
Post 208 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
It's not new to my collection, but this is a Cryptkeeper mask given out at the screening for the movie Bordello of Blood.

Oh come on. Give it to me!
Post 209 IP   flag post
@Wraith sold the virgin copy for $60 in ebay fully disclosing the defects. So at least I'm getting my money back. Will keep the trade dress as I'm not buying another action 1000 comic. It's still my favorite cover of all the options and a jock signature is worth at least price of admission (i.e. Cover)!
Post 210 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
The holder is slab-pro.
They sell them on amazon

Tks

The owner of Slab Pro said he'd send me one with a slab purchase (part of the sale on the CGC Forum). He didn't, so I inquired (simply because it was part of the sales description). He apologized and eventually sent one. It snapped while trying to apply it to a slab. Not saying this is typical, but it is without a doubt a bad first impression.
Post 211 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 212 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
A little rough, however the price was right and it has the poster intact. Also picked up some nice Eternals to get closer to filling in the complete run.
Post 213 IP   flag post

Love those Kirby books.
Post 214 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
As do I. As a kid, anything with a Kirby cover I would generally grab if i had a quarter in hand.
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't bother with the free comics, but I took advantage of their 50% off back issues.

Post 216 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips dude are these taken underwater or through a fish tank glass?! Kinda foggy...nice books though!
Post 217 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@BrianGreensnips dude are these taken underwater or through a fish tank glass?! Kinda foggy...nice books though!
Probably from my crappy phone. My phone takes lousy photos. LG G4 so it is a little old.
Post 218 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 219 IP   flag post
So if you remember back a couple months ago, I had purchased some prints from the 1970's. I have purchased some more and I am pretty stoked about their condition.Some of them are prestine with very white borders.A few have minor spots and some ruffled edges and corners that can be pressed flat.The majority of them are from 1976. I have been so busy that I have only had a chance to take a few photos. As you know my camera on my phone sucks so I hope they come out well. The photos will probably not do these justice. They are absolutely beautiful. I have also bought a presentation binder to put some in to take to the Motor City Comic Con to sell or trade. If you are going, let me know if you may be interested in what I have. I am not selling them through the sight due to mailing damage issues and so fourth. These are some of the Bernie Wrightson prints that I bave.

Post 220 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Both purchased on Sunday and BOTH arrived today!!!

Batman 5 front cover only

Detective Comics 476 CGC 9.4

Post 221 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@D84 BATMAN #5...GREAT COVER!

Marty
Post 222 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I seemed to have caught the foreign comics virus.. Here is my mail call from today. They are 4 German horror comics. No, I cannot read German, but I love the artwork on these!!

Post 223 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This came in today's mail thanks to that last 15% off coupon.

Post 224 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I am very pleased with how the book presents and love white pages. However, I may end up crossing this seller (100% positive feedback) off my buy list. Here’s what I got for my $10 shipping fee:

Two pieces of a recycled CBCS box taped around the slab, which was jammed into a flat rate envelope. ZERO bubble wrap. Luckily I do not see any damage to the slab or comic. I would never ship anything of any value this way. Would you?
Post 225 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Oh come on. Give it to me!

Let me locate my spares and see how many I have... then I'll seriously consider it. I know I picked up several when they gave them out. You can PM me a reminder. My life is hectic due to major restructuring where I work. I can't promise I'll find them quickly.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I seemed to have caught the foreign comics virus.. Here is my mail call from today. They are 4 German horror comics. No, I cannot read German, but I love the artwork on these!!

I have two German publications.

A comic.
"The Other" is a German Horror-Punk band. The sister of the guitarist got it for me. She lives in the US.

A magazine.
A project manager picked it up for me on a business trip to Germany.

Post 227 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I am very pleased with how the book presents and love white pages. However, I may end up crossing this seller (100% positive feedback) off my buy list. Here’s what I got for my $10 shipping fee:

Two pieces of a recycled CBCS box taped around the slab, which was jammed into a flat rate envelope. ZERO bubble wrap. Luckily I do not see any damage to the slab or comic. I would never ship anything of any value this way. Would you?

You got lucky. What gets me is when they cram them into those regional box A size the slab is the exact length of the box and there's no room for padding at the ends...one blunt hit and you've got your very own shattered variant slab.

Why are sellers that stupid to risk it...and if the postage was pirchased through eBay it only covers $100...not sure what this slab is worth....but I'm guessing in excess of that. Stupid.
Post 228 IP   flag post

Pick ups this week...also have some Mattina covers and 'Tec B cover coming in from Unknown Comic Books.

Some are leftovers from last week:

Barrier and Transformers: Unicron #0 FCBD copies. I missed FCBD and did not pick these up...but was able to track these down at an LCS...unstamped!!

Came across 3 copies of the B variant for Cyborg #22. Not sure hwo they were still sitting on the rack when they were going for $15+ on Ebay last week. Hoping to flip 1, for an amount that pays for all three.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Here are some more prints. Some are signed and numbered and some are not. I also got my zippered presentaion binder yesterday in the mail. All of these prints that I am showing today measure 24"×18"

Post 230 IP   flag post
601387 999 30