Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I went to PGX site and submitted a request for graders notes. No credit card information requested, hopefully its free
Post 951 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - If it was a Neal Adams signature, or another person associated with the book, CBCS should have sent you an email asking you if you wanted to submit the signature for verification so you could get a red label. It hasn’t happened to me, but I know other posters have said that it happened to them.
Post 952 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Thank you very much for your input. I'll see if PGX gives any useful information. If they dont, I'll try to leave it be and just chuck the book in a corner.
Post 953 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - No problem. I just submitted that same comic to CBCS in August, after I had it signed by Adams and O’Neill with a CBCS witness. But mine won’t grade as high as your copy. I bought it new off the rack and probably read it twenty or more times! You have a great copy. Let me know if you ever want to trade it away.
Post 954 IP   flag post
@esaravo

I generally never let go of anything I acquire, but if that changes, I'll let you know. =)
Post 955 IP   flag post

Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
The Omega Men 3 was returned a week or two ago from East Coast Comicon. It was pressed but seems to have become wavy when it was flat as a board before submitting.

Not cool. Can CBCS pressing chime in?
Post 956 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I went to PGX site and submitted a request for graders notes. No credit card information requested, hopefully its free

Out of curiosity, what was the pgx grade?
Post 957 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I don't often share my new comics, but I really like the ones I got from Poka today!!! They are the Capt. Savage and the Brother Power. I also received my copy of "Stan's Soapbox Collection" from Hero Initiative today. The other two I got last week sometime.

Post 958 IP   flag post
Collector TheSilverSurfer private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my first 2 CBCS books in the mail this past week. Love Both. Steranko is a favorite.

Post 959 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Out of curiosity, what was the pgx grade?

The Batman was an 8.5 from PGX prior to press.
The Hulk was 2.0 from CGC prior to press.
Post 960 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
My acquisitions this week. The FF fills one of those aggravating holes that's been in the collection for years. The X-Men are part of my on-again-off-again process of replacing stolen comics.

Post 961 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
X-men 101 signed by Claremont done by Trinity Comics

Teen titans 1&2 from my LCS

Post 962 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Another copy of Alpha Flight #1

Alpha Flight #8 (to complete my John Byrne run)

Hulk #314 (direct edition)

Post 963 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 964 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

I like your pick ups.

I have been snatching up Sentry #1s and UF #4 whenever I see them in NM. They are good for trade material. I have been hunting for a NS version of the Sentry 1, not sure if the exist or not.
Post 965 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
No pictures yet but very excited. 3 early key ASM’s bought and on way. Be here Monday.
Post 966 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@Hcanes

Quote:
The Omega Men 3 was returned a week or two ago from East Coast Comicon. It was pressed but seems to have become wavy when it was flat as a board before submitting.

Not cool. Can CBCS pressing chime in?

When I get back home and have time I may have to start a new thread on this. Needless to say I am a little disappointed after waiting 9 months.
Post 967 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
These just in!
Wow 38

Shadow comics vol.3 #11

Post 968 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
My acquisitions this week. The FF fills one of those aggravating holes that's been in the collection for years. The X-Men are part of my on-again-off-again process of replacing stolen comics.

Where are the cats?

Sorry to here about stolen comics - that ducks
Post 969 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Studley_Dudley

I like your pick ups.

I have been snatching up Sentry #1s and UF #4 whenever I see them in NM. They are good for trade material. I have been hunting for a NS version of the Sentry 1, not sure if the exist or not.
Thank you sir. Im not too familiar with the Marvel Knights line other than the Punisher stuff. I thought there were some early MK newsstand books, but I couldn't be too sure. By the time that imprint came out I had my driver's license and started going to the comic store instead of walking up to the drug store to check out the spinner rack.
Post 970 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Every time I see a cover to She-Hulk #1 I think of the 1980 People Magazine cover where John Derek is holding it in his hand and Bo Derek is standing beside him.

Post 971 IP   flag post
I wonder how many other people caught the fact that it was She-Hulk #1 in John Derek's hand? When I bought She-Hulk #1 waaaaay back in 1980 I remember being in the car with my mom and explaining to her that She-Hulk was Bruce Banner's (Hulk's) cousin and he gave her a transfusion and then she became She-Hulk. Ha, my mom just listened to me but I knew she didn't care about the topic. Then soon after, the People Magazine appeared in our home and I said to my mom "look, John Derek the movie actor has She-Hulk #1". From my perspective John Derek was a prominent well known actor & if he liked comic books then that made it just a little more acceptable for me to admit that I liked comic books.
Post 972 IP   flag post

Post 973 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I wonder how many other people caught the fact that it was She-Hulk #1 in John Derek's hand? When I bought She-Hulk #1 waaaaay back in 1980 I remember being in the car with my mom and explaining to her that She-Hulk was Bruce Banner's (Hulk's) cousin and he gave her a transfusion and then she became She-Hulk. Ha, my mom just listened to me but I knew she didn't care about the topic. Then soon after, the People Magazine appeared in our home and I said to my mom "look, John Derek the movie actor has She-Hulk #1". From my perspective John Derek was a prominent well known actor & if he liked comic books then that made it just a little more acceptable for me to admit that I liked comic books.

I've never been ashamed of buying comics, but I don't mention it to most people because I don't want to hear their stories about what they used to own and what their mothers threw away. One guy swore he used to own a Thor #1 from the 60's. Was it an annual or a Giant-size? Not according to him.
Post 974 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers

Where are the cats?

Sorry to here about stolen comics - that ducks

You'll note that several of those X-Men covers feature Kitty Pryde.

And yes, having comics stolen stinks. It happened during a move. I'd mostly gotten out of the hobby (not acquiring anymore, but still holding on to my collection), so I didn't notice it for months afterward. I had some of my boxes labeled, and they took three of the most valuable. The least of those had X-men Giant Size 1, then X-men 94 through 200 (plus Hulk 180-182 and a few other first appearances). All probably 9.0 or better. The other two boxes were most of my Golden Age I acquired when I fell in love with GA books back in the '80s. Hurts to even think of them. I still have my old comics inventory list, but I can hardly stand to look at it. Highlights: Batman 18 through 43. Multiple Captain America, All-Select, Marvel Mystery, All-Star, All-Select and many EC titles.
Post 975 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
The 9.8 Gods no longer smile on me:

First time using cgc. No Newton rings, but for being pressed, the 9.4 seems to have bends that I think would’ve been corrected by a press. But what do I know?
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 I agree with what you said about the 9.4 being that if it was "actually" pressed, then those bends would have been less noticeable.
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my first cover-less comic. X-men #11

Post 978 IP   flag post
Quote:

PGX responsed...
No notes for this book exist.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

PGX responsed...
No notes for this book exist.

They ran out of scratch paper that week.
Post 980 IP   flag post
600734 999 30