Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Some FF's.

Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
This just came back. Had it done and sent off at NYCC through Scott's Collectibles. Superfast turnaround.

Thankfully no newton rings 😬

Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes Nice ! But a 9.4? Looks higher. Must be because of the bottom right corner.
Post 928 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Hcanes Nice ! But a 9.4? Looks higher. Must be because of the bottom right corner.

Yea @GanaSoth, I don't know. I am amazed this one or any other sketched books come back higher than 9.2.

There is so much that can happen to the book's condition while it is being transformed.

At the end of the day I am happy with the way the artwork turned out and the experience with Dan Scott and Mattina. Any grade is a plus at this point.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Had my first Mail Call today from CBCS...

I knew this one wasn't going to grade high, but I wanted this specific cover for Steranko to sign...happy with it.

This was the first book I bought when Star Wars relaunched...happy with a 9.8

Post 930 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
kudos to @Studley_Dudley

bought these from him. well packed and received

Post 931 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
kudos to @shrewbeer

bought these and a few more from him- he also included some freebies

well packed and received

Post 932 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user

Fairly recent for me. Mid grade, but I love them.
Post 933 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user

This slipped in too. Not a bad condition.
Post 934 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the Alpha Flight issues esaravo!

Post 935 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to eBay seller psharkey4hhr for these Hulk issues at only $3 each!

Post 936 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I just got these Friday.
Sorry for the camera flash.

Post 937 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The haul from the week. Some in the mail, some at the shops.

My reader copy.

Replacement copy.

Produced without a top staple. Reader copy.

Post 938 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Nice haul. I like the TOS #57.
Post 939 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
yeah i like the 80s transformers books
Post 940 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips thanks! The shop is apparently getting a collection in over the next couple weeks. An Iron Man 55 was sold there yesterday.
Post 941 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’m slowly picking up the set of Marvel Limited books. This is my second second one. The book is just over 400 pages and includes the first appearances of many of Marvel’s landmark characters and includes Introductions and afterwords on most chapters by industry legends like John Romita, Joe Sinnot, Ralph Macchio, Gene Colan, and others in an elegant package

Post 942 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this up in a trade with @shrewbeer. It cost me a stack of high-grade X-Men Newsstand Editions that I hope he will be happy with. I love making trades. (And they are even better when a few beers are involved!) Thanks, Jacob

Post 943 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Newly graded by CBCS

The one thing that bugs me is there is a signature in marker of the stupid batman book. Question is whose signature is it? Argghhh

Post 944 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Got this in mail today. Won it in a raffle on IG.
Post 945 IP   flag post
The Omega Men 3 was returned a week or two ago from East Coast Comicon. It was pressed but seems to have become wavy when it was flat as a board before submitting.

The rest are black Friday pick ups.

Post 946 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
. . The one thing that bugs me is there is a signature in marker of the stupid batman book. Question is whose signature is it? Argghhh ]

Bob Kane or Bill Finger would be nice.
Post 947 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Newly graded by CBCS

The one thing that bugs me is there is a signature in marker of the stupid batman book. Question is whose signature is it? Argghhh

Did you submit the book, not knowing there was a signature in it? Either way, you should crack it and get that sig verified.
Post 948 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Quote:
. . The one thing that bugs me is there is a signature in marker of the stupid batman book. Question is whose signature is it? Argghhh ]

Bob Kane or Bill Finger would be nice.

Either of those would be great! I would be very happy if it was Neal Adams as well.

Great, now I wanna pop open the book. If I send to CBCS and have no idea whose signature it is, too bad they prolly cant be bothered to run it against best possible guesses... I really dont want to damage the book. (Very unsteady hands)
Post 949 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Quote:
Newly graded by CBCS

Did you submit the book, not knowing there was a signature in it? Either way, you should crack it and get that sig verified.

The book was originally a PGX book. I never looked to see if there was grading notes. I submitted the book in the PGX case intact. So, no I never opened the PGX case and have no idea whose signature is in there. Given it's not a major book in my collection, I might risk taking the hammer to it and see what's there....
Post 950 IP   flag post
I went to PGX site and submitted a request for graders notes. No credit card information requested, hopefully its free
Post 951 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - If it was a Neal Adams signature, or another person associated with the book, CBCS should have sent you an email asking you if you wanted to submit the signature for verification so you could get a red label. It hasn’t happened to me, but I know other posters have said that it happened to them.
Post 952 IP   flag post
@esaravo

Thank you very much for your input. I'll see if PGX gives any useful information. If they dont, I'll try to leave it be and just chuck the book in a corner.
Post 953 IP   flag post
@Bronte - No problem. I just submitted that same comic to CBCS in August, after I had it signed by Adams and O’Neill with a CBCS witness. But mine won’t grade as high as your copy. I bought it new off the rack and probably read it twenty or more times! You have a great copy. Let me know if you ever want to trade it away.
Post 954 IP   flag post
@esaravo

I generally never let go of anything I acquire, but if that changes, I'll let you know. =)
Post 955 IP   flag post
600883 999 30