Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Ditko must have done it from the beyond
Post 901 IP   flag post

Non variant goodness!
Post 902 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Been a busy couple of days off. My complaints are few.

Nice comics! I've been looking for 9.8 candidates for that Batman 428. Mine came back 9.4, 9.6, and 9.6, darn it. So the search continues...
Post 903 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid Thank you sir. I've been looking for a complete set. I'm not really a 9.8 hunter; I get more satisfaction out of completing runs & sets. Obviously that isn't attainable with a lot of characters, I just don't have the bankroll; but for those I can afford, its been a lot of fun. Iron Man (scored an Iron Man #1 in June, total stroke of good luck), Scarlet Spider (both versions), Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Sensational & Web of Spider-Man, a couple others. Spectacular is coming along, so is Punisher. Also, the weird stuff; like Earth/Universe/Paradise X.

In DC, I really only care about the Batman arc's I was interested in as a kid. Death in the Family, Knightfall, Crisis on Infinite Earths. DC lost me for a good bit with the core characters; I found the off-center characters like Constantine or Swamp Thing more interesting.
Post 904 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Been a busy couple of days off. My complaints are few.

Nice comics! I've been looking for 9.8 candidates for that Batman 428. Mine came back 9.4, 9.6, and 9.6, darn it. So the search continues...

I notice that my newsstand copies of BATMAN #428 have the barcode
covering the copy "Can he possibly be alive?" does this affect the
value?

Marty
Post 905 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Tedsaid Thank you sir. I've been looking for a complete set. I'm not really a 9.8 hunter; I get more satisfaction out of completing runs & sets. Obviously that isn't attainable with a lot of characters, I just don't have the bankroll; but for those I can afford, its been a lot of fun.

It absolutely is fun, and most of my collection is raw. But actually, I only paid $.75 for two of my 428 copies, and maybe $10 for the third (since it sold out in one day). At the time I had recently been bitten by the speculation bug, and I was buying five copies each of the Death in the Family arc. I loved the covers and thought it might be collectible. But 428 surprised me, and I only got a couple, initially. Anyway, I'm working on slabbing the others, too. So far I've only had 9.8 luck on 429 (2 copies) and 426 (1 copy). But that was without a press, so maybe a resubmit is warranted on those. We'll see.

Quote:
In DC, I really only care about the Batman arc's I was interested in as a kid. Death in the Family, Knightfall, Crisis on Infinite Earths. DC lost me for a good bit with the core characters; I found the off-center characters like Constantine or Swamp Thing more interesting.

Yeah, I loved those Swamp Thing comics. I just recently re-read the whole Moore run. And the Constantine covers were beautiful.
Post 906 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Swamp Thing going UP UP UP now that they have cast for the movie!
Post 907 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked this up yesterday. Val Mayerik created Howard the duck. Picked up an adventure into fear cgc 9.6 not too long ago
Post 908 IP   flag post
@martymann The logo on yours look more orange than red; is it a 2nd or 3rd printing? The later printings have an ads dated 1989 on the back cover.
Post 909 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@martymann The logo on yours look more orange than red; is it a 2nd or 3rd printing? The later printings have an ads dated 1989 on the back cover.

The ad on the back cover is dated 1988.

Marty
Post 910 IP   flag post

Apologies for the lighting.
Post 911 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Ed is a quality person to trade or buy from. Trust me.

I TOTALLY AGREE! I have had nothing but positive experiences with Ed. I'm sure he gets sick of me though because I send him messages about comics I want and then become very indecisive. I often inquire about a lot/run of comics and then switch to a different lot/run of comics entirely by the time I make a purchase.

Also, Ed ships super fast and packs comics extremely well.
Post 912 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

very happy with this
Post 913 IP   flag post

Post 914 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
pence powah
Post 915 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
pence powah
LOL! Still a first print!
Post 916 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Very nice Pence copy, Mike!
Post 917 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning all. Finally just got my copy of Cosmic Ghost Rider #1 virgin cover & one that I should have posted a few months ago that took forever to receive as well, ASM #800.

Post 918 IP   flag post
@esaravo thank you!
Post 919 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
ok..ok..this is a comic site but I had to show these since I likely won't drink them for 20+ years!!

Maybe 1 in 10 to 15 and one in 20-30years??

Could have bought 1 or 2 books on my want list for these puppies! Maybe Submariner in 7-8 or Y The Last Man in 9+!

Post 920 IP   flag post

picked these beauties up from my press guy today
Post 921 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I have a lot of luck finding error comics. I've been surprised by 4 double covers in my purchases, and all issues were, to varying degrees, significant; ASM 148 (Prof Warren revealed as The Jackle- & a CGC 9.6 W), Strange Tales 180 (1st Gamora), Longshot #1 (1st ... uhmm ... oh, 1st Longshot), and Giant-Size Superstars #1 (Hulk vs Thing cover).

This weekend at EuCon I picked up a small stack of mid-grade Marvel Giant-Size books from a vendor's 50% Off box. While inspecting further in my room that night, I noticed the GS Chillers #1 seemed different. I checked for an extra cover, but no dice .
I then started flipping through the pages and noticed seeing the same page twice. Turns out there is an extra 2nd half of the book, pages 33-64, bound between the covers. It's huge lol.

I wonder if that means somewhere out there is an issue with extra pages 1-32.

Post 922 IP   flag post
Met an artist named Floyd Sumner and asked for "a dead old-school Mar-Vell with a cool background", and got this. I love the 'LAWSON' reference in the tombstone.

Post 923 IP   flag post
A sketch by Mike Ploog.

Post 924 IP   flag post
Three custom ASM #300 cover swipes by the incredible Nikki Williams.

Three Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider #1's signed by author Seanan McGuire.

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 UK Edition (1990)

Post 925 IP   flag post
Some FF's.

Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
This just came back. Had it done and sent off at NYCC through Scott's Collectibles. Superfast turnaround.

Thankfully no newton rings 😬

Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes Nice ! But a 9.4? Looks higher. Must be because of the bottom right corner.
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Hcanes Nice ! But a 9.4? Looks higher. Must be because of the bottom right corner.

Yea @GanaSoth, I don't know. I am amazed this one or any other sketched books come back higher than 9.2.

There is so much that can happen to the book's condition while it is being transformed.

At the end of the day I am happy with the way the artwork turned out and the experience with Dan Scott and Mattina. Any grade is a plus at this point.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Had my first Mail Call today from CBCS...

I knew this one wasn't going to grade high, but I wanted this specific cover for Steranko to sign...happy with it.

This was the first book I bought when Star Wars relaunched...happy with a 9.8

Post 930 IP   flag post
601453 999 30