Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of goodies!!

Over the moon for the Space Ghost!!! some of the others are ok too...I guess...

Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
A couple of goodies!!

That’s a great haul. Congratulations
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics
Nice books. Especially like the Zatanna and the Secret Origins
Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
A couple of goodies!!

Space Ghost is awesome!
Post 829 IP   flag post
This just in!

Post 830 IP   flag post

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I picked this up from @drchaos a while back and added Frank Miller

Post 831 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user

Post 832 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Flipping through some long boxes at my lcs. Found these misplaced. Got them for cover price! All first prints. First Riri and first Rescue Armor.
Post 833 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all!

Baba has been working hard for the money for the last month, and today made it all worth while. First day off in two weeks that I was able to go up to my LCS and do my part to help clean out some of those back issue boxes, variant stacks, and back wall goodness.

First off, a selection of Amazing Spider-Man #129 swipes. A Lionsgate Punisher Movie swipe, Wizard/Ace Swipe signed & remarked by Humberto Ramos, and the Clayton Crain Spider-Man swipes. I've got the Dark Reign Sentry/Norman Osborn covers in my Punisher long boxes, but *not* The Sentry black & white version; so if anyone has that and is willing to sell, please let me know. I also had an ASM #129 & Marvel Tales #106 come in that I'd really like to take pictures of & show everyone...but they're currently languishing under the Slab of Shame. Unlike the TAT's for books, CBCS moderators have absolutely no delay when delivering the Ban Hammer; so I'm going to have to wait until they come back from Dallas in their new slabs to show them off.

An extremely clean & nice Marvel Team-Up #141; part of the FBST (first black suit trio).

Venom Annual #1 by Bill Sienkiewicz. I've had terrible luck when having his covers graded, I think the best I've come out with is a 5.5; so I'm hoping this book can break the trend.

Spider-Geddon #1, In-Hyuk. Lee variant.

Venom #4 Skrain ASM #300 swipe; because I cannot *not* buy a 300 swipe.

ASM #431; because Carnage Cosmic is a fun story.

ASM # 430, start of the Carnage Cosmic two part.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 Toy-Biz variant.

Spider-Girls 1:25 Retailer Incentive.

New Mutants #87 & #98; two of the last three books I needed to finish my New Mutants set. The last is the New Mutants #100 second printing, which should arrive any day now.

Venom #5 Skrain set; which looks suspiciously like a mirror image of The Darkness #75.

ASM #361, still one of my favorite books ever. This book looks fantastic; its the cleanest white I've found on the cover.

Carnage Mind Bomb. I have one of these in 9.8 already, but I think I'm going to get this framed as a trio w/ Carnage: Its a Beautiful Life & one of the Web of Venom: Carnage Born books.

ASM Annual. I like the look of the cover, but the book needs to be pressed.

Arach-Knight #1; because who doesn't like the idea of Spider-Man crossed with discount Batman (Moon Knight)?

Spectacular Spider-Man #100, to help complete the set.

A super clean, beautiful ASM #301. This baby is getting a clean & press (because every little bit helps), and if the gods are kind, maybe I can (finally) get a 9.6-9.8+ on this book.

ASM #800 2nd Printing. I like the Black Suit 2.0 look.

ASM # 261. One of my absolute favorite covers. Charles Vess did an incredible job here utilizing the entier cover, using shading instead of just solid color cover. The 200-350 goblin books are some of my favorite stories.

Venom goodness by Clayton Crain. His organic looking art is just perfect for the symbiote characters; I wish they would give him a go with Mania in a limited series.

ASM #312 & 315; because McFarlane books are always a good time.

X-Men / New Teen Titans crossover. This is one of my best friend's favorite books, so I'm going to pay the freight for Clean/Press+2-Day+FastPass so I can get it back & have his wife wrap it up & sneak it under the tree for Christmas.

ASM #311 & 316. Honestly, on the 311 I'm just kinda holding it & hoping for a decent movie bump. The 316 is PC; its going on slab then getting framed up with the Mayhew WoV: Carnage Born variants & McFarlane remasters.

DC/Wildstorm A Nightmare on Elm Street #1 limited edition variant. This sucker is extremely hard to find. I'm waiting to hear back & find out if Robert Englund is coming back to Houston for Comicpalooza. If he is, I'm getting an AW for yellow label. If not, I'm going to mail it in for a signature, and get the red label. Mr. Englund has been talking about how much fun he had doing his Freddy cameo on The Goldbergs, and how much better he's been feeling since his leg healed up, that he's openly musing about doing one last turn as Freddy Kruger. C'mon New Line Cinema, let's send the man off in style.

J. Scott Campbell goodness.

True Believers ASM #300 swipe, 2nd Printing.

Carnage (2010) 1:25 variant. The only ones I'm missing now are the 2nd printing (Doppelganger Cover). 1:25 variant on book 2, & 2nd printing on book 3.

Guncats #1 & 2. A friend of mine is the writer on this, and its good stuff. Check it out if you're looking for something new

Crisis on Infinite Earths; full set, courtesy of Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash (https://jayandsilentbob.com/).

Fantastic Four #90. Rough shape, but its not every day I trip over sub-100 FF's, so I figured why not.

Venom: Lethal Protector (Red Foil) x2.

The Darkness #75, which I plan to put up as a mirror image to the "Knull on Throne" Skrain Venom variant.

Three Stegman-Style Lethal Protector swipes by Kyle Willis (https://www.artofkylewillis.com/)

Three more Stegman-Style Lethal Protector swipes by Clayton Crain...which came out (very) shortly after Mr. Willis' version got traction on Facebook/Twitter...just sayin'...

Clayton Crain NYCC 2018 Venom: First Host #1, regular & extra crispy. I have the 3rd version in a box all packed up for submission.

ASM #252 & Spectacular Spider-Man #90; thus completing the FBST.

Deadpool: The Circle Chase. Fun stuff.

These, and a bunch of random goodies to fill out some runs; X-Men Gold, Blue, Red, some Annuals; all in all a really good day off.
Post 834 IP   flag post
Got my NYCC exclusives. First new MAXX stuff in a long time. Trying to decide whether to keep them all for the PC or move some.

Post 835 IP   flag post
Also grabbed this Red Sonja. Great cover IMO.

Post 836 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
LA comic con was good to me today.

Post 837 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

Aw man, I wish I would have created a thread, I was at LA ComicCon in Artist Alley doing sketches!

I hope everyone had a great time! I wish I had gotten the opportunity to check out the comic booths!
Post 838 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

Aw man, I wish I would have created a thread, I was at LA ComicCon in Artist Alley doing sketches!

I hope everyone had a great time! I wish I had gotten the opportunity to check out the comic booths!
i could only go today, but sure glad I did, have $785 in all 3 books. Guy asking 725 for the ff12 got it for 300, ff 2 for 400 and 85 for the ff18,end of the show,wanted to move some books. I couldn't believe it
Post 839 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Last day of conventions is always a good time to hunt for deals. Well done sir.
Post 840 IP   flag post
@BabaLament thanks, walked away shaking my head in disbelief that I got those books that cheap, especially from dealers
Post 841 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
A couple of goodies!!

That Zatanna book is a favorite of mine.
Post 842 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 843 IP   flag post
The drek train pulled in.

Post 844 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I had this one on my wall, had to add this Pep. Not a lot of new ideas in comics

Post 845 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
The drek train pulled in.

Did you get a deal on the Spider-Ham book?
Post 846 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
My first Harvey’s, seemed like a good idea at the time. Guy threw in the monster cover.
Post 847 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley some pretty decent "drek"!!!
Post 848 IP   flag post
@00slim I hope so. It was basically free after buying enough stuff.
Post 849 IP   flag post
I saved this one for today

Post 850 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I'm jealous. Nice gets.
Post 851 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Just some new comic book day pick ups and then found a Batman who laughs statue I couldn’t pass on.

Post 852 IP   flag post
Collector Raven8821 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone, first post on these boards. Just got these guys back a week or so again and finally decided to make an account on the forum. Debating if I want to resubmit the 9.6s with a press & clean as the only notes were “slight soiling on back cover”

Post 853 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 854 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 855 IP   flag post
601512 999 30