Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I love those phantom stranger covers, ust got myself an 8.0 copy of that same book....superb catch

I was super happy with this copy, the spine is beautiful and the colors too. I might slab this one.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town I’ll have to take a closer look next time I stop in. 👍🏼
Post 752 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
I love those phantom stranger covers, ust got myself an 8.0 copy of that same book....superb catch

I was super happy with this copy, the spine is beautiful and the colors too. I might slab this one.

You are probably far better off looking to the future investing your comic funds in Phantom Stranger issues, than purchasing Rick and Morty Vs. Old Man Batman, Dark Archie, and Drunken Donatello's penises #1, cover variant 56, die cut, laser etched, triple hologram red error, digitaly downloadable, send in -mail-away, fold out, unfold, fold back, inside out ,upside down, mixed with actual blood from Stan Lee, some unknown artist and Joe the guy who makes the Gyros in the sandwich shop across the street, serial numbered, limited, unlimited, supreme,superior, edge of the universe, ultra , x-, embossed, super bossy, retail incentive, free give away, commicon excusive sold on every street corner version ...because in the end one is collectible and twenty years from now no one will even remember the other one
Post 753 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 754 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back some books from CBCS. I'm surprised the stuff graded as high as they did given my treatment of comics over the years....
Post 755 IP   flag post

Just got these venom covers. Not a huge fan of modern books, but a couple of the covers looked cool.

Post 756 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Curious about your Mcfarlane spiderman issues....do any of them have the trademark red web inscription on the back cover?
Post 757 IP   flag post
No. But I literally had him sign them in the 1990s at a days inn in west palm beach. I remember this stupid kid running around and knocked my books out of hand, and I'm pretty sure that's why the number 2 got a lower grade than the number 1's.

What does red web signify?
Post 758 IP   flag post
Many books Mcfarlane signed have a little red spiderweb stamp on back, as sort of an authentication thing ....I had heard he used to own a comic book store called the spider web or something similar ...
Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

1st cover appearance of red goblin noted on the slab. Nice!
Post 760 IP   flag post
Quote:
No. But I literally had him sign them in the 1990s at a days inn in west palm beach. I remember this stupid kid running around and knocked my books out of hand, and I'm pretty sure that's why the number 2 got a lower grade than the number 1's.

What does red web signify?
The red web looks like this....from my own copy signed in person at NYCC a few years back.
Post 761 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this up, I'm so happy with it. It came from the Darrel McNeill collection
Post 762 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Mail-in I sent to @TrinityComics thanks Matt

Post 763 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 764 IP   flag post

1988 Marvel Comics AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #298 (1st Todd McFarlane Spider-man. 1st appearance of Eddie Brock in cameo.) CGC 9.8 SS Signed by Todd McFarlane on 12/14/2017
Post 765 IP   flag post

1988 Marvel Comics AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #316 CGC 9.2 SS Signed by Todd McFarlane on 12/14/2017
Post 766 IP   flag post

2016 Marvel Comics AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7 (Mexico Variant of ASM #688) CGC 9.6 SS Signed by J Scott Campbell on 3/2/2018
Post 767 IP   flag post

2016 IDW Comics BEBOP & ROCKSTEADY DESTROY EVERYTHING! #1 (Rare 1:50 Eastman Variant) CGC 9.4 SS Signed by Kevin Eastman on 1/13/2018
Post 768 IP   flag post

1993 Marvel Comics VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR #1 (Red Foil Direct Edition) CGC 8.5 SS Signed by Mark Bagley on 1/13/2018
Post 769 IP   flag post

1992 Marvel Comics AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #361 Newsstand Edition (1st Appearance of Carnage aka Cleetus Cassidy) CGC 9.6 SS Signed by Mark Bagley and Stan Lee on 1/13/2018
Post 770 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Vampironica Stadium Comics variant

George Perez's Sirens Adam Hughes variant

Post 771 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I just got a group of cool books in too:

X-23 Secret Empire
Darth Maul red/black variant
SuperSons Catwoman
Greg Horn's Harley Quinn

Post 772 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
UPS just dropped this off about an hour ago.

Post 773 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but those look like scratches in the lower right corner. I've heard that CGC is having issues with scratches on the inner holder. I'm wondering if you can clarify for me what I am seeing. Are they on the book itself? Are they just from the scanner? Is just a reflection? Or are they on the inner holder? Or, I suppose, are they on the outer case? I trust your judgement on this. I tend to take these reports with a grain of salt. But honestly, your scan looks VERY similar to what I have seen. so I thought I'd ask.
Post 774 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - There are a few scratches on the outer case in the lower right corner. I bought this book already graded/slabbed. When possible, I buy books that are in CBCS slabs, but when I see a book on my want list at a good price, I will purchase CGC slabs (believe it or not, I even own 1 of the other slabs).
Post 775 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks for the reply!! Glad to hear those are on the outside case.

Personally, I'm a big advocate of "buy the book, not the grade". I've had CGC slabs in my collection, but I've never submitted to them. I've never had any from "the other guy", but I'm not totally against buying one. It would weigh HEAVILY on the comic, the price and how willing I was to gamble on it. I have yet to be willing to gamble, but that day may come.
Post 776 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O - I absolutely agree, buy the book that looks good to you, regardless of the number on the slab. I have purchased lower graded books for about the same price as other books a half or whole grade higher because they looked better to me.
I have also never submitted books to any company other than CBCS. In fact, I have 30 books with them right now.
Post 777 IP   flag post
It's quick and painless grading books with CGC actually
Post 778 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
It's quick and painless grading books with CGC actually

As long as you are a member and are willing to risk newton rings and getting a slab with scratches or no inner tray, sure.
Post 779 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
You also have to worry about broken slabs from CGC because their packaging jobs are moldy ass.
Post 780 IP   flag post
600793 999 30