Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user

Miswrapped printing error.
Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Got a nice four-pack of Punisher covers. I'm starting to get into the ASM #129 cover art. So I'm picking up swipes. I know I have the Norman Osborne & Sentry swipes around here somewhere, and the 2099. These four just came in; I particularly like the sketch & double signature by Humberto Ramos.

Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Got this in the mail today, giving me a complete run from #5 to #68. I was pretty disappointed in the packaging - the slab came without a bag, and was taped between two pieces of cardboard stuffed into a flat rate legal-sized envelope stamped "Handle With Care." I have bought from this ebay seller before, and received prior slabs in well-packaged flat rate boxes.

Very nice. I'm missing that issue to have 2-10. That feeling hopefully overlaps the packaging woe.
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user

I upgraded one copy then bought one other new. Still no 9.8 candidates but two of the issues are in the 9s. Unfortunately one copy is missing the poster. Hope to get a Todd Sig on one this weekend.
Post 729 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Posted this as an auction win last weekend. It came in today’s mail a day early. It’s in better shape than I expected (Damn black covers) and I got it for a great price (and was able to use my eBucks too!). One more off my #69-300 list. Approximately 15 or so more to go.

Post 730 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 731 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Very Nice.
Post 732 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I got it with the 15% off ebay coupon last week!
Post 733 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
A $3 Charlton purchase to fill in a gap.

Post 734 IP   flag post
Journey into Mystery #67

Post 735 IP   flag post
Journey into Mystery #69

Post 736 IP   flag post
Journey into Mystery #79

Post 737 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I dont usually go for new stuff, but I love R&M, D&D and shiney covers (stupid 90s hangover) so I sprung for this at NYCC.

Ive been looking for a nice copy of this for a while, paid a bit more than I wanted to but its NY.

Got a really good price on this one though, its beautiful.

My shopping was curtailed at NYCC though, my buddy wanted to go with me and I ended up babysitting him, that and the Ross signing going late put a big dent in my day. I guess that just means I'll have more to spend at Rhode Island next month.
Post 738 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this on in. Love this Neal Adams art.

Post 739 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Just got this on in. Love this Neal Adams art.

Sigh! I bought that when it came out. I was hooked on Neal Adams' work after that.
Post 740 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a new Gaines File Copy
MD #2

Post 741 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Got this on an eBay auction yesterday.

Post 742 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Got my Batman / The Maxx books from torpedo comics today. What’s awesome is they also included cards showing the count of each book for the limited run.

Post 743 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 744 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
My latest acquisition has been shared in other threads, but not here, until now. The excitement of snagging another George Rozen original SHADOW painting this past Sunday was an experience worthy of a bit more genuflection...

This was the SHADOW pulp cover for the June 1, 1942 issue.
Post 745 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

The rings are strong with the 131.
Post 746 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
I dont usually go for new stuff, but I love R&M, D&D and shiney covers (stupid 90s hangover) so I sprung for this at NYCC.

Ive been looking for a nice copy of this for a while, paid a bit more than I wanted to but its NY.

Got a really good price on this one though, its beautiful.

My shopping was curtailed at NYCC though, my buddy wanted to go with me and I ended up babysitting him, that and the Ross signing going late put a big dent in my day. I guess that just means I'll have more to spend at Rhode Island next month.
I love those phantom stranger covers, ust got myself an 8.0 copy of that same book....superb catch
Post 747 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
My LCS has a nice stack of Phantom Stranger books. Any particular issues I should look for?
Post 748 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

The rings are strong with the 131.

I hoard copies of that Strange tales, first Eternity book. Solid addition
Post 749 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
My LCS has a nice stack of Phantom Stranger books. Any particular issues I should look for?

Oh man lets see.....to start with Issue 18...that cover is one of my all time favorites ever.
Then you have issues 4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 ,19 ALL with Neal Adams covers. From there the covers were done by Aparo, Kaluta, Dominguez etc.
People tend to focus on the earlier Adams stuff from the silver age but these are every bit as good as the rest...and affordable in grade

Post 750 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I love those phantom stranger covers, ust got myself an 8.0 copy of that same book....superb catch

I was super happy with this copy, the spine is beautiful and the colors too. I might slab this one.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town I’ll have to take a closer look next time I stop in. 👍🏼
Post 752 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil

I was super happy with this copy, the spine is beautiful and the colors too. I might slab this one.

You are probably far better off looking to the future investing your comic funds in Phantom Stranger issues, than purchasing Rick and Morty Vs. Old Man Batman, Dark Archie, and Drunken Donatello's penises #1, cover variant 56, die cut, laser etched, triple hologram red error, digitaly downloadable, send in -mail-away, fold out, unfold, fold back, inside out ,upside down, mixed with actual blood from Stan Lee, some unknown artist and Joe the guy who makes the Gyros in the sandwich shop across the street, serial numbered, limited, unlimited, supreme,superior, edge of the universe, ultra , x-, embossed, super bossy, retail incentive, free give away, commicon excusive sold on every street corner version ...because in the end one is collectible and twenty years from now no one will even remember the other one
Post 753 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 754 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back some books from CBCS. I'm surprised the stuff graded as high as they did given my treatment of comics over the years....
Post 755 IP   flag post
601310 999 30