Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 701 IP   flag post

Post 702 IP   flag post

Post 703 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Post 704 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Thanks Dalkiel!!
Post 705 IP   flag post

And another MTU #61...

Thanks esaravo!!
Post 706 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 707 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 708 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

Did what I usually do, bought them and later I’ll figure out if all the pages are there, as I read them. Get burned occasionally
Post 709 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Felt like the time was right to grab this issue. Pics looked really good...and seller offers returns (less hassle anyway if it has more defects than the pics show).
Post 710 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

Grabbed this from 1948.
Post 711 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have been looking for a reasonably priced X-Men #9 forever, and have probably bid on two-dozen raw or slabbed ones over the last two years that just sold for prices that I thought were too high. Last week I saw one that was fairly priced, but has grease penciled numbers on the cover. I made an offer that was accepted and it arrived today. Definitely not high grade, but I believe it would be in the 4.0 to 5.0 range with OW pages. What grade would you give it?
I had hoped to get a 6.0 or better, but got this copy for a fraction of the $300 prices that those are currently going for.
Do you think the numbers are a date? The book has a cover date of January 1965, so the 11 could indicate that the book was put out for sale in November. Could the 5 have meant November 5th, and the 9 meant to display it for 9 days (or until the 9th)? Any thoughts?

Post 712 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 713 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 714 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I have been looking for a reasonably priced X-Men #9 forever, and have probably bid on two-dozen raw or slabbed ones over the last two years that just sold for prices that I thought were too high. Last week I saw one that was fairly priced, but has grease penciled numbers on the cover. I made an offer that was accepted and it arrived today. Definitely not high grade, but I believe it would be in the 4.0 to 5.0 range with OW pages. What grade would you give it?
I had hoped to get a 6.0 or better, but got this copy for a fraction of the $300 prices that those are currently going for.
Do you think the numbers are a date? The book has a cover date of January 1965, so the 11 could indicate that the book was put out for sale in November. Could the 5 have meant November 5th, and the 9 meant to display it for 9 days (or until the 9th)? Any thoughts?

Probably a date. What I know for certain is that I have an extra #9 I should have dangled as trade bait.
Post 715 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - You still can.
Post 716 IP   flag post
@esaravo I'll get back to you on that one.
Post 717 IP   flag post
Some pick ups from the weekend.

Post 718 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

won at auction this past week. Seller didn't state a grade...had really good photos and looked to be NM condition. Now that I have it in hand looks like a solid 9.8 with white pages! Will be sending this off for grading some day...
Post 719 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

not new to my collection, thought it was worth showing. I think I have maybe 500 in all the books. Don't know why I didn't take a picture of hulk 6. Had Len Wein sign the 181 on the first page last year
Post 720 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301 you might like these; signed by the ever-so-awesome Kelly Thompson.

Post 721 IP   flag post
Got this in the mail today, giving me a complete run from #5 to #68. I was pretty disappointed in the packaging - the slab came without a bag, and was taped between two pieces of cardboard stuffed into a flat rate legal-sized envelope stamped "Handle With Care." I have bought from this ebay seller before, and received prior slabs in well-packaged flat rate boxes.

Post 722 IP   flag post

The shop owner put out a higher grade Thor 133 and ASM Annual 16. I may go back later and check them out.
Post 723 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
So I just got these two beauties back from CGC today and alas both cases are cracked. Time to send them back in for a reholder. The grades helped cheer me up a least.

Post 724 IP   flag post
Unfortunately that's been my luck with CGC the last couple of times.
Post 725 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user

Miswrapped printing error.
Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Got a nice four-pack of Punisher covers. I'm starting to get into the ASM #129 cover art. So I'm picking up swipes. I know I have the Norman Osborne & Sentry swipes around here somewhere, and the 2099. These four just came in; I particularly like the sketch & double signature by Humberto Ramos.

Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Got this in the mail today, giving me a complete run from #5 to #68. I was pretty disappointed in the packaging - the slab came without a bag, and was taped between two pieces of cardboard stuffed into a flat rate legal-sized envelope stamped "Handle With Care." I have bought from this ebay seller before, and received prior slabs in well-packaged flat rate boxes.

Very nice. I'm missing that issue to have 2-10. That feeling hopefully overlaps the packaging woe.
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user

I upgraded one copy then bought one other new. Still no 9.8 candidates but two of the issues are in the 9s. Unfortunately one copy is missing the poster. Hope to get a Todd Sig on one this weekend.
Post 729 IP   flag post
Posted this as an auction win last weekend. It came in today’s mail a day early. It’s in better shape than I expected (Damn black covers) and I got it for a great price (and was able to use my eBucks too!). One more off my #69-300 list. Approximately 15 or so more to go.

Post 730 IP   flag post
600892 999 30