Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user

Just picked these up today.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Went to our local "Collector's Expo" this morning...that was in a smelly basement and filled with a mix of all sorts of stuff. I'm constantly amazed at comic sellers that overprice their books probably because they have attachment to it...I saw a Lethal Protector #1 regular cover priced at $80 raw and a regular Amazing Spider-Man 361 priced at almost $200 raw....crazy. I got through half of the guys long box before I walked away...

Anyways, I came away with a few books, nothing too fantastic. I got the Horsemen of the Apocalypse books that I'd been keeping my eyes open for and a New Mutants #1...hit the local shop on the way home and grabbed my weekly comics. Not a bad haul.

Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing I got at slcc that was not sent into cbcs.

Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim you mean this one??

I'm not even a huge Black Widow fan and I want this.

It annoys me that they cast Johansson. She's cute and all that. Yeah yeah, but she's not that hardcore, real woman, like this portrait. Like... Woman. Wow.

Same can be said for Gadot. Nothing against either lady, but they aren't these Women.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@DJC_II Yep! That’s the one. It’ll be here in roughly December. I ordered it a while back but got to preview it at SDCC this year.

I’m fine with Johansson. I figure they wanted a big star in the role, but it would have been cool if they plucked someone out of obscurity for the part.

Side note: Scarlett looks surprisingly good with red hair. There’s a shortage of genuine redheads in Hollywood. They keep hiring Jessica Chastaine & Bryce Dallas Howard for everything.
Post 680 IP   flag post

@00slim December, wow. They are making you wait. Well worth it though. Out of all the women statues made by either Sideshow or XM, I ask which is best.

The Catwoman by Sideshow is good. The Phoenix and Dark Phoenix ones by XM are good, but there's just something about this Black Widow in particular.

Are you a huge BW fan though? Always have been?

Johansson isn't a bad choice. Truthfully, the visual and expectation I have for any of these characters can't be met with live action.

These characters are larger than life, and no actor will live up to it.

For instance, I've always seen Superman in my head to look like Alex Ross' version.

What they should do is make a hyper quality animated movie, like Incredibles 2 quality, and with a serious movie script (I mean serious as in good, not necessarily as in serious), and make the characters look like their sculpted counter parts.

The Wolverine Sideshow piece is another great example. Wow. Now THAT is Wolverine.

Post 681 IP   flag post
I’m a huge Black Widow fan & have been for years. Scored a major grail this year, her first appearance in 8.0 (White Pages!).

I’ve only purchased Sideshow so far, but Prime One excels at large scale pieces. Their 33 inch tall Swamp Thing, for example.

If they did a Black Widow in this scale, I’d seriously consider it.
Post 682 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I’m a huge Black Widow fan & have been for years. Scored a major grail this year, her first appearance in 8.0 (White Pages!).

hard book to get in that grade

I’ve only purchased Sideshow so far, but Prime One excels at large scale pieces. Their 33 inch tall Swamp Thing, for example.

If they did a Black Widow in this scale, I’d seriously consider it.
Post 683 IP   flag post
@00slim I've never heard of Prime 1, it says Sideshow, but I assume they are like a small entity? Being supported by them?
Post 684 IP   flag post
I believe it’s a different company that Sideshow carries.
Post 685 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

On the plus side I always wanted one.
On the minus CGC
On the plus a 4.5
Minus badly sunlight faded (although I have seen worse.
Plus getting hard to find
I win!
Post 686 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Not quite a comic book but related. I got this in the mail today:

Now the issue I have, to break the seal or not?! The collector in me says “don’t” but the fan of this issue says “do it! I want to see those cards”

Anyways small fries compared to some of the heat others are collecting but just something new I’m a big fan of.
Post 687 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing too special. Just some new pick ups from LCS.
Post 688 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Nice addition to my personal collection, It is a major condition upgrade to my current copy, thanks ZosoRocks!

Post 689 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
New comics Wednesday! A great signing at a LCS, Brave New World in Santa Clarita

Garry Brown auto of Amazing Spider-Man Ann #1

I got my package from @poka

Post 690 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

This book eluded me in a NM- or better raw state in the USA, so I finally just bought one from the UK and now own my first pence variant.
Post 691 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I’m a huge Black Widow fan

You beat me by a hair...
Post 692 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 693 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked the 52 up today in a trade, the 129 and the 101 are the newest members of my mark jewelers collection

Post 694 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The following I got on my trip to California...

Post 695 IP   flag post

Post 696 IP   flag post

Post 697 IP   flag post

Post 698 IP   flag post

Post 699 IP   flag post

Post 700 IP   flag post

Post 701 IP   flag post

Post 702 IP   flag post

Post 703 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Post 704 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Thanks Dalkiel!!
Post 705 IP   flag post
611389 999 30