Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My wife is in her Fall clean out mode already, so I dropped off a box of hardcover and softcover books and two bags of DVDs at my local library today. As I was leaving, I noticed they had a small pile of comics for sale at 50 cents each. I happened to have 2 one dollar bills in my pocket, so I picked out 4 comics. Unfortunately, the PG #27 is in the worst shape, with 3 serious scrapes and a dirt-marked cover. Anyone think it still has any value?

Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Time for a McFarlane commission sketch cover

Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some Kirby goodness at the show today.

Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
More Venom-y goodness:

Venom #1 Blank w/ full cover OA & set of Lethal Protector #1 swipes, allby Kyle Willis (https://www.artofkylewillis.com/).

Post 654 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

I am very proud to say that I worked on this book myself and I got it back today from cgc as a 9.8
Post 655 IP   flag post

@kaptainmyke It makes me happy whenever I see DHC on slab. Reminds me there is more to life than Marvel/DC/Image.
Post 656 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I am very proud to say that I worked on this book myself and I got it back today from cgc as a 9.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Didn't realize there was a market for the comic con books. 93 was the last year I went to San Diego comic con, have 2 copies of that issue. I bought a collection back in the 80's that came with a San Diego con book from 71, a marvel value stamp book complete with all the stamps and my profile picture is a set of bob Kane sketches and a signed pic of him in the 66 bay mobile. I can see if I can dig them out and get some pics

Post 657 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Didn't realize there was a market for the comic con books. 93 was the last year I went to San Diego comic con, have 2 copies of that issue. I bought a collection back in the 80's that came with a San Diego con book from 71, a marvel value stamp book complete with all the stamps and my profile picture is a set of bob Kane sketches and a signed pic of him in the 66 bay mobile. I can see if I can dig them out and get some pics

Very cool. I'd love to see them!
Post 658 IP   flag post

1999 Image Comics The Nine Rings of Wu-Tang Preview Museum Edition #16 of 50
Post 659 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke nice job - your son’s copy?
Post 660 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 661 IP   flag post
wow bob kane holy moly batman!
Post 662 IP   flag post
I had Burt ward sign the robin, I so wished I would have had Adam west sign the Batman. I did some work for Burt on his pool many years ago
Post 663 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Cool mail call. It's one of my most favorite Miller/Janson Daredevil covers. I want to get it signed by both. This one looks to be NM.
Post 664 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
I did it. Not a bad book at all. I'm thinking VG+ at best, but the best I could afford.
Post 665 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPop
I did it. Not a bad book at all. I'm thinking VG+ at best, but the best I could afford.

Nice. Probably closer to VG, but a very cool book. Clayfacce is one of my favorites from the animated series.
Post 666 IP   flag post

I bought a collection in the 80's, got this and didn't know it was signed, what a nice surprise
Post 667 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of pickups from Rose City CC

Post 668 IP   flag post
I need to stop with the impulse buys, but I’ve always loved this cover & graded copies rarely go up for sale.

It’ll go perfectly with the massive Black Widow Sideshow figure I’m waiting for.
Post 669 IP   flag post
Hello all!

Presenting today’s arrivals:

Guncats #1: A fun future/space series. First print sold out, so I guess people are liking it. I enjoyed it.

Carnage (2010) #1: Iron Man cover.

Spectacular Spider Man #90: Black suit cameo.

ASM #252: Black suit cover!

Venom: Lethal Protector #1 Red Foil: I sold two of my three 9.8’s; need to add a coupe more to the collection.

Venom #1 McFarlane Color & B/W: Unknown Comics had a most excellent sale, so I was able to pick these up without breaking the bank. I’m a huge Venom fan, so this makes me all kinds of happy.

Venom Inc. Omega Tyler Kirkham Convention Exclusive: Gotta complete that four part set.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1: Bagley art, always appreciated.

Fantastic Four #90. Rough shape, but a nice reading copy.

Amazing Spider-Man #2: J. Scott Campbell cover. More art I appreciate.

Spectacular Spider-Man #300: Tyler Kirkham variant set; hoping we get a good Artists Alley next year at Comicpalooza so I can get the sketch blank worked up.

Post 670 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Arrived today! First comic I've had graded in about a year...the last one was a Stan Lee signed AF15 as well, but came back 8.0. Little happier with this one. Cracked the slab myself and after a 95 year old man signs it comes back 0.2 lower...I'll take it!

I did check out the TAT estimator. If the book was submitted on 5/3 it would have came back 6/22. So add about 2.5 months if you add pressing.

Looks like I "might" get my books sent in from Terrificon by Christmas...barely.
Post 671 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Cool mail call. It's one of my most favorite Miller/Janson Daredevil covers. I want to get it signed by both. This one looks to be NM.

I bought it when it came out.

Post 672 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Post 673 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

I bought it when it came out.

I wasn't born yet.
Post 674 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Book from the flash sale arrived. Thanks again @poka

I really love this Shadow King cover... I'll be getting Keown to sign (in gold) next month...I got approved to AW at two events next month so I'll probably be throwing it in with my submissions to CBCS (if all goes well)...and it'll probably end up on my wall whenever it gets back.

Post 675 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user

Just picked these up today.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Went to our local "Collector's Expo" this morning...that was in a smelly basement and filled with a mix of all sorts of stuff. I'm constantly amazed at comic sellers that overprice their books probably because they have attachment to it...I saw a Lethal Protector #1 regular cover priced at $80 raw and a regular Amazing Spider-Man 361 priced at almost $200 raw....crazy. I got through half of the guys long box before I walked away...

Anyways, I came away with a few books, nothing too fantastic. I got the Horsemen of the Apocalypse books that I'd been keeping my eyes open for and a New Mutants #1...hit the local shop on the way home and grabbed my weekly comics. Not a bad haul.

Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing I got at slcc that was not sent into cbcs.

Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim you mean this one??

I'm not even a huge Black Widow fan and I want this.

It annoys me that they cast Johansson. She's cute and all that. Yeah yeah, but she's not that hardcore, real woman, like this portrait. Like... Woman. Wow.

Same can be said for Gadot. Nothing against either lady, but they aren't these Women.
Post 679 IP   flag post
@DJC_II Yep! That’s the one. It’ll be here in roughly December. I ordered it a while back but got to preview it at SDCC this year.

I’m fine with Johansson. I figure they wanted a big star in the role, but it would have been cool if they plucked someone out of obscurity for the part.

Side note: Scarlett looks surprisingly good with red hair. There’s a shortage of genuine redheads in Hollywood. They keep hiring Jessica Chastaine & Bryce Dallas Howard for everything.
Post 680 IP   flag post
600869 999 30