Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Not exactly “new”, but fresh from grading. These were submitted at SDCC (7/19) I’m working with the other guys until the CBCS move is completed.

Anyway, Spidey 13 & 14 just got here & the Spider-Verse book arrived last week.

The Spidey books came back .5 below what I’d expected. They didn’t pass the Press screening process, so, I’m not all that surprised. Spider-Gwen on the other hand was graded exactly what I’d thought it would be.

Bonus: At least the ASM 14 got the White Pages designation.

Sorry for the poor pic, it’s late & the lighting isn’t too great at the moment.

Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector xpsp3windows private msg quote post Address this user
Recent pick-ups Part-1,

Post 627 IP   flag post
Recent pick-ups Part-2,

Post 628 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 629 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Finally came in the mail while I was travelling for work. I was sent #3 on accident last week.

Picked this up in York, PA with a few moderns.

Post 630 IP   flag post

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

I LOVE that book.
Post 631 IP   flag post
Nick Fury #6. Thanks @esaravo. You are the man! Total surprise!
Post 632 IP   flag post
Another surprise from another great friend, @Jesse_O! It's a Serbian comic that reprints Daredevil #1. It's pretty damn cool! Black and white too. Thanks again Jesse! You rock!
Post 633 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I used my 15% off ebay coupon and this arrived in today's mail. Another 12 cent ASM off my list.

Post 634 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Jack Kirby is my all time favorite, the letter was written by his wife, thought it was pretty awesome, even has his home address on the back
Post 635 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
This weeks pull picks and checked the Mister Sinister books off my want list...

Post 636 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
look to add this to my collection is it worth the price https://www.ebay.com/itm/183403698450
not sure but it is one of the last books i need to finish collection or should i go after a raw copy
Post 637 IP   flag post
@Buzbe at the current price yes. Going with a raw copy without holding it in your hands is a crap shoot.

Also I would have just mentioned the book, the grade, and the price. You probably introduced a few more prospective bidders IMHO.
Post 638 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Buzbe Yeah, looks like it averages about $210 in that grade right now with recent sales a little higher. Just don’t spend over $250 tops for a slabbed 7.0.

If it goes for more, don’t swear it. In that case, I’d honestly save a little & get a nicer grade.
Post 639 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzbe
look to add this to my collection is it worth the price https://www.ebay.com/itm/183403698450
not sure but it is one of the last books i need to finish collection or should i go after a raw copy

Ended at $137 and some change. Hope that was you.
Post 640 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
A quick stop by a local antique mall added these today

Post 641 IP   flag post
Recently added this to my collection. Super stoked

Post 642 IP   flag post
Picked these up the other day for next to nothing.

Post 643 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in the mail. Already have it raw but couldn’t pass on the triple sign.
Post 644 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 645 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 646 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

I've been picking up copies of these when I see them too. My best candidates just got signed by Roy Thomas. I assume I'll get them back from CBCS sometime in mid-2020.
Post 647 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all!

Its been a while since I posted in here, and I've made enough pickups to fill a short box! Debating if I want to mail them in, or take a drive up to Dallas & turn these over in person. It'll give me something to do over the weekend. Here it goes:

V for Vendetta #2-10. I already have a signed #1 at 9.8, so I'm getting the rest of the series put on slab so I can put them on display. One of my favorite stories & permanent part of my personal collection.

Batman Knightfall story arc. This was the first Batman story I was interested in as a kid. It made sense that someone would finally be able to get over on Batman. These are going on slab for nostalgia purposes as part of my PC. The die-cut Batman 500 has Joe Quesada & Kevan Nowlan signatures.

Dark Nights: Metal #1-6 + Tie-Ins. Initially I was interested in this only because my LCS had a midnight launch party; I was off work & figured "why not"? I ended up liking the story, so I bought the standard arc & one-shot tie-ins. I wasn't really sold on the whole "Dark Multiverse" thing; but really enjoyed "The Batman who Laughs" segments. The other Batmen were canon fodder, but I hope Batman who Laughs gets some additional, sparing, use in the future.

Punisher, first series & War Zone #1. I really like the first series of Punisher. Its violent, and showcases the visceral, street level Frank Castle, not the one-liner gadget user he would turn into in later runs. I also like War Zone #1; its common as hydrogen, but I think its a good read. This particular copy is signed by John Romita Jr., so I figure it belongs in a slab. More additions to the personal collection.

Feeding my Amazing Spider-Man #300 & swipe OCD. Some are PC, some are going to eventually find their way into the loving arms of other collectors. I've got more custom swipes being commissioned, and they'll be posted when I get them. The custom swipes in this photo are from Brent Schoonover (http://brentschoonover.com/)

Some additional Black Suit Spider-Man goodness.

Guardians of the Galaxy #1, Spectacular Spider-Man #1, Micronauts #1, Amazing Spider-Man Super Special #1, Moon Knight #1, Maximum Carnage, Spectacular Spider-Man #300 Dell'Otto & Virgin, Spectacular Spider-Man #1 signed by John Romita, Venom #3 Kirkham, and Venom #155 signed by Mark Magley. Pretty good mix, and I do love me some Venom.

Venom #1 Mayhew set, Venom #1 ASM #300 swipe & Lethal Protector #1 remarks by Kyle Willis (https://www.artofkylewillis.com), Venom #1 McFarlane Color, Venom #1 + Virgin + 4th Printing, Venom Inc. Omega + Virgin by Clayton Crain, True Believers Lethal Protector.

Venom Inc. Omega Kirkham A, B, & C, Dell'Otto Venom Inc. Alpha & Omega.

For those who need a break, I present: -not- Venom. Instead, a pair of Aliens Predator Deadliest of the Species ashcans, in Red & Gold. Anyone with a Platinum who's willing to sell, please message me.

Kraven's Last Hunt. One of the best Spider-Man stories ever told. My opinion, I could be wrong.

Something to refresh the eyes. Spider-Man & Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do, plus some Renew Your Vows goodness w/ Mary Jane & Black Cat drawn by J. Scott Campbell.

Tyler Kirkham four-part connecting cover, signed.

Clayton Crain covers, a couple of signatures. Probably my second favorite artist, after Todd McFarlane.

Some goodies. Deadpool OA & signature by Ken Hauser, signed Skottie Young connecting cover, X-Men Gold Annual #2 signed by Seanan McGuire.

A nice collection of books, 135 of the 200 I'm sending to CBCS. After pulling, sorting, and photographing, I'm in need of a break. Going to spend some time in a soft chair with a frosty beverage. Cheers!
Post 648 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
My Labor Day weekend pickups:

Post 649 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this today Cool Cover!

INFINITY WARS PRIME #1 UNKNOWN COMIC BOOKS PARRILLO VIRGIN VAR

Post 650 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My wife is in her Fall clean out mode already, so I dropped off a box of hardcover and softcover books and two bags of DVDs at my local library today. As I was leaving, I noticed they had a small pile of comics for sale at 50 cents each. I happened to have 2 one dollar bills in my pocket, so I picked out 4 comics. Unfortunately, the PG #27 is in the worst shape, with 3 serious scrapes and a dirt-marked cover. Anyone think it still has any value?

Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Time for a McFarlane commission sketch cover

Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some Kirby goodness at the show today.

Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
More Venom-y goodness:

Venom #1 Blank w/ full cover OA & set of Lethal Protector #1 swipes, allby Kyle Willis (https://www.artofkylewillis.com/).

Post 654 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

I am very proud to say that I worked on this book myself and I got it back today from cgc as a 9.8
Post 655 IP   flag post
601440 999 30