Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 601 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 602 IP   flag post

Post 603 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
OK, I said I was hitting eBay. Picture was posted for sale taken inside a old crinkly comic bag, so I crossed my fingers. This showed up as a very nice F+. Not quite a VF- in my opinion. Anyway, I consider this a success. Beer time.
Post 604 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to @darkga for the Spiderverse.

From LCS and MCS.

Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Just got some books back, no pressing on any
1st is a 9.8 invincible iron man 7 that came in a "lot" of books I bought for $50

I consider it a win
Next are all books from my collection that I finally got slabbed

The last book I must confess to speculating on, but I love the plot and this cover

Bone Parish #1 9.8!
Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Books again aren’t new but 3 of the 4 sigs are. Recently got these back from signing. Had to send the 300 back as it showed up with a cracked corner. But both got grade bumps. 361 went from 9.2 to 9.6 with press and 300 went from 9.4 to 9.6

Post 607 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to a trade with @poka (see Page 23), this arrived from Hong Kong yesterday, while I was staying at a friend's beach house for the weekend. It had been scheduled to be delivered on Monday, so I left my friend's house a little earlier today than I had originally planned, and luckily the box it was in was still sitting on my front stairs (unattended for about 15 hours).

Post 608 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo - wow - that was a close call. Seems like a good neighbourhood you are living in!

Any plans for a parcel locker?

Again - thanks for your trade and happy that I was able to help you with your x-men run.
Post 609 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Really nice book.
Post 610 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

. One of my all time favorite covers, and a sketch by one of the creators of Superman, love the oldies
Post 611 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

This was my last purchase, been on the hunt for awhile, hard to find with the mark jewelers insert
Post 612 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 613 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Acquired Saturday at Chicago Wizard, one of the rarest GA comics in any grade...

Note: Posted in the GA thread earlier, but this star deserves an encore.
Post 614 IP   flag post
where are people getting these jerry siegel sketches?!
Post 615 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

cant wait till my cbcs books come in.
Post 616 IP   flag post
Collector JesterHats private msg quote post Address this user
Post 617 IP   flag post
yawn, another batch. submitted 2 weeks ago btw

Post 618 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Yawn. Cool story bro.
Post 619 IP   flag post
Yawn. Thanks.
Post 620 IP   flag post
Pick up some new releases on lunch.

Post 621 IP   flag post
And! I get back to office and mail was delivered. In a recent trade @esaravo I picked up these two beautiful books. An upgrade from my 9.2 ASM 252 and one step closer to having a high grade set of the wolverine limited series. Wolvie will be going to cbcs soon. Thanks Ed!!

Post 622 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
And! I get back to office and mail was delivered. In a recent trade @esaravo I picked up these two beautiful books. An upgrade from my 9.2 ASM 252 and one step closer to having a high grade set of the wolverine limited series. Wolvie will be going to cbcs soon. Thanks Ed!!

Great pick up on the Wolverine 3 Newsstand. That is one of the newsies on my hunt list
Post 623 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Darn, it happened again.

the
Post 624 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPop
Darn, it happened again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to own this, but isn't this one of the worst silver age covers? The perspective makes it look like Tony has a giant hand. And what is he wearing? Red boxers? Kilts? Ladies garments? The story inside is prime early Iron Man, but the cover... not so much. Just my opinion.
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Not exactly “new”, but fresh from grading. These were submitted at SDCC (7/19) I’m working with the other guys until the CBCS move is completed.

Anyway, Spidey 13 & 14 just got here & the Spider-Verse book arrived last week.

The Spidey books came back .5 below what I’d expected. They didn’t pass the Press screening process, so, I’m not all that surprised. Spider-Gwen on the other hand was graded exactly what I’d thought it would be.

Bonus: At least the ASM 14 got the White Pages designation.

Sorry for the poor pic, it’s late & the lighting isn’t too great at the moment.

Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector xpsp3windows private msg quote post Address this user
Recent pick-ups Part-1,

Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector xpsp3windows private msg quote post Address this user
Recent pick-ups Part-2,

Post 628 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 629 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Finally came in the mail while I was travelling for work. I was sent #3 on accident last week.

Picked this up in York, PA with a few moderns.

Post 630 IP   flag post
601210 999 30