CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio I'm thinking that the IM 55 will be a 9.2 or 9.4 after a trip to CFP Comics. The Avengers 57 came from a CGC 9.0 slab. The slab was damaged so the shop owner removed it but I have the label.
Post 526 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra




I never find "steals" at comic shops unless they are issues that just heated up in the last day or two. At best shops I go to price "keys" at 100% of eBay prices, but most likely 125-150%. Anything at 100% is most likely because it's been sitting there for a year or two.


It was a heck of a steal. It’s been on my want list for awhile but actually thinking of grading and flipping.
Post 527 • IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley My desk ornament at work. Lots of Simpson’s swag around the plant; most popular being the Springfield Isotopes coffee mug and/or ball cap.


Post 528 • IP   flag post
Collector xpsp3windows private msg quote post Address this user
Added these to my collection recently,



Post 529 • IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Some pickups from the weekend / today's (or Friday's) mail...
Really like the Hunt for Wolverine cover, the other two showed up in the mail. Secret Wars is for a Jim Shooter Signature (one of my favorite covers in the series), the Captain Canuck (that's seen better days) is for a Richard Comely Signature





Another Tales to Astonish for the collection and the David Letterman Avengers, was out of town and snagged this at their local CBS the soon as I saw it.

Post 530 • IP   flag post


Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@xpsp3windows I love that Punisher cover!
Post 531 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I have that!

Post 532 • IP   flag post
I’m not sure they know they’re taking one for the team. Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@Studley_Dudley My desk ornament at work. Lots of Simpson’s swag around the plant; most popular being the Springfield Isotopes coffee mug and/or ball cap.




"Up and at them!"
Post 533 • IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call. It's been a long time coming.




Post 534 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Nice grade on the DeadMan Book. 👍🏼
Post 535 • IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Nice grade on the DeadMan Book. 👍🏼

Thank you! I was chasing that book for a long time. I really wanted a 9.0 or better copy but this is the one I went for. Glad to finally have my hands on it.
Post 536 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this on-line a week ago. Keep in mind that I was on the floor in the dealer's room at SDCC on Wednesday's Preview Night, but I was too busy acquiring the GA comics posted earlier to stand in a line for Hot Wheel's Action #1 80th Anniversary tribute premium. Although I'm not a Hot Wheel's collector by any stretch of the imagination, once I'd eyeballed the premium I realized it was just too cool to pass up.




.
Post 537 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, i didn’t hear about this one until after the show. I think I need one.

I wish it could free stand out of the package, but it’s still awesome.
Post 538 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 539 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Yeah, i didn’t hear about this one until after the show. I think I need one.

I wish it could free stand out of the package, but it’s still awesome.


At least this "mint in box" is entirely enjoyable as a 3D stand alone in the box. Also, it's removable for closer inspection without risk of damage to the container and/or negative impact to the presentation.
.
Post 540 • IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS



Nice, what condition is your FF #112 in?
Post 541 • IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Variants are the future of collecting.
[img]https://forum.cbcscomics.com/cached


NICE!! I really need to get me an FF #112.
Post 542 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 543 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Variants are the future of collecting.
[img]https://forum.cbcscomics.com/cached


NICE!! I really need to get me an FF #112.
The store I got mine at has one or two more for sale.
Post 544 • IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I just paid all of my credit cards off...guess it's time to start charging again.
Post 545 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 546 • IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user


It’s not too old as some of the collections here but I finally have my Court of Owls storyline for Batman. I got all 52 issues over the last month but this is the gem.
Post 547 • IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I love N52 Snyder/Capullo Batman. I don't have any of the single issues but have all of the original Hardcovers.
Post 548 • IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
These are all fairly recent FF purchases...






























Post 549 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Pick ups at a shop I found while traveling for work.


Post 550 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS



Nice, what condition is your FF #112 in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS



Nice, what condition is your FF #112 in?



Thanks
7.0 tops, IMO. It has a light thumb crease on the right edge.
Post 551 • IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS



Nice, what condition is your FF #112 in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS



Nice, what condition is your FF #112 in?



Thanks
7.0 tops, IMO. It has a light thumb crease on the right edge.


Still a nice grade, that issue is rather expensive these days.
Post 552 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb Nice FF pickups. I especially like the covers with the Silver Surfer on them.
Post 553 • IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Origin and 2nd appearance of Beast Boy. Not the best shape but still looks nice.



Post 554 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Working towards the Justice League Dark members....
Post 555 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30