Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Impulse buy cuz I had e-Bay Bucks to burn.

Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Came in the mail today from an Ebay sale. I only bought it because the price was right AND there was a 15% off freebie from Ebay. I have several of this issue, but I don't think a person can have too many of these put away.

Are you able to kee it or your son is gonna grab it? Btw say that one of your threads on the other board became alive again 5 years later
Post 427 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some nice looking books - Jumped on the Silk train and snagged a Hobgoblin 2nd appearance...

Post 428 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
A few orders came in last week!

A few minor keys; First appearance of Mockingbird, first appearance of Angela, and first Marvel Comics appearance of Angela. A few blank covers, The beautifully painted Elektra & Eolverine mini-series for signatures at SDCC, the Punisher covers from the Marvels sequel, a House of M variant to go with my Avengers Annual 10 reprint that reuses the same artwork, and volume 1 of the Venom Omnibus (I refuse to call it the Venomnibus)

Post 429 IP   flag post

Post 430 IP   flag post

Post 431 IP   flag post

Post 432 IP   flag post

Post 433 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday my sister-in-law called and said that she was at a yard sale that had some comics. She occasionally stops at yard sales and this is probably only the second time she has ever called me about seeing comics (I have been married to her sister for over 31 years). The first time she called, I told her not to bother (random beat-up kid stuff). This time she said the comics were in bags with boards, so I was interested. I told her to buy any Amazing Spider-Man and any Batman (she mentioned some mini-series that I told her to pass on). My wife met her for lunch today and picked up the books. Here is what she got me for $8.

None of the bags were taped closed, just tucked in. Only two had actual backing boards, the rest were thin cardboard, white on one side only, that looked like they were cut from shirt or clothing boards. The comics were in surprisingly good condition, with most in at least VF/NM, and the two Batman #429’s in the NM/NM+ range. Now if I could sell a slab or two, this could be an even better weekend.
Post 434 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
nice score brah
Post 435 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Free with ebay bucks
Post 436 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I was picking the Snyder/Ditko publications anyway, but I bought a few more at today's show since Ditko passed away. I expected to pay more, but I got them cheaper today.

Post 437 IP   flag post
These are being posted in no particular order. Glad to see this is ©2018

Post 438 IP   flag post

Post 439 IP   flag post

Post 440 IP   flag post

Post 441 IP   flag post

Post 442 IP   flag post
Stopped in at a tiny jewelry shop in the Bay Area this weekend looking for something to surprise the wife. Got her some earrings & I stumbled on this fun little oddity from 1979 for two bucks.

Post 443 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@poka If you ever want to part with that What If Spider-Girl, let me know.
Post 444 IP   flag post
I picked this up some years back. I remembered it being for sale on the spinner racks.

Post 445 IP   flag post
This was a neat book. It has some story pages between the games/puzzles. Uncanny X-Men collectors would like this.

Post 446 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I picked this up some years back. I remembered it being for sale on the spinner racks.

The first one. That’s sweet! I wonder how many they made?
Post 447 IP   flag post
My guess would be the 200,000 range, but it probably had more returns from the newsstand than most comics at the time.
Post 448 IP   flag post
I’m sure the print run was significant. I’m just wondering how many issues were in the run.
Post 449 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@poka If you ever want to part with that What If Spider-Girl, let me know.

How about I keep the lookout for another copy
Post 450 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The receiving end of my trade with @esaravo. Always a pleasure!

Post 451 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The rest of my weekend haul.

Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

The first one. That’s sweet! I wonder how many they made?

MCS has 13

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=357051
Post 453 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a few nice looking Wolverine books and a decent copy of The Scorpion #1 for Mr. Chaykin to sign...

Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user

Post 455 IP   flag post
597870 999 30