Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Have to love the dollar bin. Mattina cover +zombie variant + Moon Knight

Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes Nice find. That is a bad azz cover.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user

Recent E-bay win.
Post 303 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 304 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I FINALLY got around to picking these up!

Post 305 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i haven't watched any of those yet... looking to start Jessica Jones soon tho, prob pass on the other 2
Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Jessica Jones is very dark. It drags a little in the middle, but it’s good. David Tennant steals the show as Killgrave.
Post 307 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Jessica Jones is one of my favorite Marvel shows. Agent Carter season 2 was, admittedly, pretty weak but Jarvis is such a fun character.

I’m actually a bit surprised by how much I like Agents of Shield, after the first half of season 1. The writing and characters are solid and every once in a while you get direct references and tie-ins to the films (like appearances by Sif and Nick Fury) and it certainly does a much better job with the Inhumans than the Inhumans series did

Since it’s a longer show than the Netflix series (22 episodes per season) and not tied down to a specific city or neighborhood, it can explore a lot of the Marvel Universe and include elements and characters that the MCU films may never get around to, like John Garrett (played by the late great Bill Paxton), Dethlok, Mockingbird, and Ghost Rider (though mostly Robbie Reyes but the Johnny Blaze version also makes a brief appearance).
Post 308 IP   flag post

Finally.
Post 309 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Jessica Jones is one of my favorite Marvel shows. Agent Carter season 2 was, admittedly, pretty weak but Jarvis is such a fun character.

I’m actually a bit surprised by how much I like Agents of Shield, after the first half of season 1. The writing and characters are solid and every once in a while you get direct references and tie-ins to the films (like appearances by Sif and Nick Fury) and it certainly does a much better job with the Inhumans than the Inhumans series did

Since it’s a longer show than the Netflix series (22 episodes per season) and not tied down to a specific city or neighborhood, it can explore a lot of the Marvel Universe and include elements and characters that the MCU films may never get around to, like John Garrett (played by the late great Bill Paxton), Dethlok, Mockingbird, and Ghost Rider (though mostly Robbie Reyes but the Johnny Blaze version also makes a brief appearance).

Agreed. I thought AOS started slow, but I'm glad I stuck with it. It really picked up near the end, and by season 2 I was EAGERLY waiting for each new episode.
Then it lost me once Skye went rogue.
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I have to agree with @00slim David Tennant as Killgrave "killed it" Best Netflix Marvel villian so far "HANDS DOWN" I recommend it.
Post 311 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm on a mission to collect the first Red Sonja solo comics in other countries. This is the first one on that list. It is from Mexico. They published Marvel Feature #1 as a Red Sonja comic. This one came out in December, 1976. The American Marvel Feature #1 came out in November, 1975. I thought you all might enjoy seeing the packaging it came in. And BTW, this is well packaged for a foreign comic!! The sender actually used two pieces of cardboard very similar to backing boards. And it only took 20 days to get to me!!!

Post 312 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing too crazy. Some have those ugly ass barcodes.

Post 313 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got finch’s signature just need Matt Banning

Sam was an awesome guy to talk to. So glad I got to meet him and talk for a bit.

Same goes with Donny cates. Real down to earth and loved talking Texas with him since he’s kinda from my neck of the woods. Disappointed in the grade but still looks really nice.

Post 314 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user

New arrival from across the street.

Low grade, but nice to have. Considering it was lower grade, when a Stan Lee sig opportunity came up, I took it.

Seller claimed a 3.0. I had it figured for a 2.0, so, the 2.5 was fine by me.

I’ll tell you what, though, I’m not loving FedEx at the moment. They changed the scheduled delivery date 3 times & then said nobody was here to sign for it the third time around. I was home. No knock on the door, no door bell rang. Ridiculous.
Post 315 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Couple new ones.

Post 316 IP   flag post
Collector Venomade private msg quote post Address this user

Mail call
Post 317 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

I bought some things...primer was a few weeks ago, all the rest in the past month. A little speculation...a little love
Post 318 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
20x16 unpublished 1978 short story most likely intended for the Marvel Preview magazine, but Marvel reported it was lost in a fire. A couple years later they "found" it and returned it to the artist. Guess they couldn't use it anymore.

Post 319 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user

Really like this cover so glad I found it. Will read it soon a fter I pick up #9.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

Finally got this in the mail, you can see the water spots on the bottom and by the spine. I find that kind of damage on an otherwise tight book bothers me very little.
Post 321 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Some additions over the last week. Check out the Thor 339 Canadian price variant! Found that on Ebay...and looks to be 9.6 condition! Not a bad find. Pages are in the off-white range though.

The others are VF to VF/NM range, but got them cheap.
Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Finally got this in the mail, you can see the water spots on the bottom and by the spine. I find that kind of damage on an otherwise tight book bothers me very little.

They came to Earth with the intent to be peaceful. After only one day they were irate because of the "No Smoking" signs everywhere.
Post 323 IP   flag post

Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user

Finally got these in. Nice experience from comic mint also. Kept me informed every step of the way.
Post 325 IP   flag post
All my dreck from the last couple weeks, I think.

Post 326 IP   flag post
And more... I apologize for the ugly bar codes on some of the books.

Post 327 IP   flag post

Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I must be misunderstanding the definition of the term 'dreck' Studley_Dudley cause all this stuff looks pretty awesome. Sarcasm or do I not understand the term?
Post 329 IP   flag post
Yeah, I guess I didn't use it right. I was serious about the barcodes though. Not a fan of barcodes, but I can live with it if it presents better than the direct market edition.
Post 330 IP   flag post
600449 999 30