Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Disappointed with CBCS5896

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
X-51, both boards have their pros and cons.

Same applies to both companies IMHO.

@ ANY CBCS MODS READING THIS THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD INTEL VCBE HAS EITHER ACKNOWLEDGED, OR ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS I ASKED OF HIM , IN MY POST TOWARDS VCBE ABOVE THIS REPLY TO X-51

P.S.

Apologies in advance for the all caps posting style here.

Don't believe this drivel. He's just hoping for more Leah pics...

I saw her on Sharon Osbourne's daytime talk show and she had a roll of fat pushing her shirt outward. It was so unflattering that I was amazed they didn't film the interview from a different angle or have her stand up. I question whether the pictures of her in this thread are free of digital manipulation or airbrushing in general. I normally think she's attractive, but I was actually cringing a little when I saw her on that show.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
So this has been going on for 3 pages now, and if I understand it correctly, the issue is that @VCBE thinks CBCS sucks and CGC is better because of booth position at a Comic Con? So that ultimately proves that CGC is better? And he knows this because he owns 3 successful businesses and always meets his customers needs and as a customer feels that CBCS should cater to his whims. Does that about sum it up?

He didn't have books damaged, he didn't have books lost, CBCS didn't blatantly miss grade a book, but because he would have to walk a few extra steps it's all fire and brimstone, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria...
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm fine with that. I wanted to read discussions about comics there and I just saw cliques of bullies running rampantly while posting memes ad nauseam. It didn't interest me. I'm glad some people prefer their board and don't post the same content here. That's just me though.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
So this has been going on for 3 pages now, and if I understand it correctly, the issue is that @VCBE thinks CBCS sucks and CGC is better because of booth position at a Comic Con? So that ultimately proves that CGC is better? And he knows this because he owns 3 successful businesses and always meets his customers needs and as a customer feels that CBCS should cater to his whims. Does that about sum it up?

He didn't have books damaged, he didn't have books lost, CBCS didn't blatantly miss grade a book, but because he would have to walk a few extra steps it's all fire and brimstone, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria...

That's what I got out of it.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm never surprised anymore at the apparent nuttiness of other people.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510

I represent that remark!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I saw her on Sharon Osbourne's daytime talk show and she had a roll of fat pushing her shirt outward. It was so unflattering that I was amazed they didn't film the interview from a different angle or have her stand up. I question whether the pictures of her in this thread are free of digital manipulation or airbrushing in general. I normally think she's attractive, but I was actually cringing a little when I saw her on that show.

They may be digitally manipulated, but I would also suspect that they are from when she was much younger. The King of Queens went on the air like 20 years ago...
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

They may be digitally manipulated, but I would also suspect that they are from when she was much younger. The King of Queens went on the air like 20 years ago...

I'm pretty much coming to the same conclusion.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I represent that remark!

Oh, you've definitely got issues...and I'm not talking comic books
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Exactly, she's 47 now. I wouldn't expect her to look the same as when she was on Saved by the Bell
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I represent that remark!

Oh, you've definitely got issues...and I'm not talking comic books

That's the general consensus.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCBE
I own 3 businesses and there are a few reasons why they are successful. Knowledge, Strategy and what best for the customers' needs. For my needs, it's not Signature on new books. I would never even buy one as I can careless about them. I want a company focused on MY NEEDS. Who is more focused on the CGC or CBCS, looks like CGC by the Strategy of their location...
I'm still not understanding how placement on the convention floor has anything to do with the quality of the service we offer. I think it's also worth stating that being located near the artist makes witnessing signatures far easier for us and that both CBCS AND CGC try to position themselves to be able to do that. It makes sense for the business model of both companies but, as I stated previously, we don't always have a choice when it comes to where our booth is located at a convention.

If you feel that CGC better represents your needs then they're, by all means, the company you should use. We realize fully that not everyone will be happy with the service offered by us and I'm sure the same goes for them.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Exactly, she's 47 now. I wouldn't expect her to look the same as when she was on Saved by the Bell

I did not know she was on Saved By the Bell. I had to check to verify you were right.

Yeah. I think that would be really disturbing to associate her appearance then with the word "hot".

I'm glad she was older in the bathing suit pictures.
Post 88 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
We all don't look the same, or how we "used to" when in our 20s. Things change.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I did not know she was on Saved By the Bell. I had to check to verify you were right.

Yeah. I think that would be really disturbing to associate her appearance then with the word "hot".

Why is that disturbing? She was in her early 20's on that show and we're about the same age. Nothing wrong with that.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Bottom line, if booth placement is the deciding factor, I'm sure he could call cbcs and have his books shipped back to him, freeing tats for customers who are happy with cbc.

As for him sending his CGC graded book to CBCS, I wonder if he knows grading is subjective? He could very well send that book back to CGC, get a different set of graders and get a different grade
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Why is that disturbing? She was in her early 20's on that show and we're about the same age. Nothing wrong with that.

It's disturbing because she looks about 15 in that picture. That was probably the intent. I have no real disagreements with your points. The girl I love asked me out when she was 18. She tricked me. She acted like she was in her late 20's. It was more awkward for me than it was for her, but she's a 12 on a scale of 1-10, so I was smitten from day one.
Post 92 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:

@ ANY CBCS MODS READING THIS THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD INTEL VCBE HAS EITHER ACKNOWLEDGED, OR ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS I ASKED OF HIM , IN MY POST TOWARDS VCBE ABOVE THIS REPLY TO X-51

P.S.

Careful dude. That's my fantasy woman you are disparaging. And yes, nowadays she is showing her age. Aren't we all (except for Cindy Crawford).

I loved her and Kevin James' acting in King of Queens. But their latest show together, (Kevin Can Wait). isn't very good. She has obviously had one or more of those Hollywood Face Lifts, and looks bad.

Hence why I initially specified age 32.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
We all don't look the same, or how we "used to" when in our 20s. Things change.

Especially my thing.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
I think it's also worth stating that being located near the artist makes witnessing signatures far easier for us and that both CBCS AND CGC try to position themselves to be able to do that.

"What the hell are you thinking?" He "can careless" about signed books. CBCS needs to forget all those MANY other people, and make this individual happy.
Amateurs.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:

P.S.

Careful dude. That's my fantasy woman you are disparaging. And yes, nowadays she is showing her age. Aren't we all (except for Cindy Crawford).

I loved her and Kevin James' acting in King of Queens. But their latest show together, (Kevin Can Wait). isn't very good. She has obviously had one or more of those Hollywood Face Lifts, and looks bad.

Hence why I initially specified age 32.

Just keep your distance from Gina Gershon! LOL!

Bah! Nevermind. She's getting old too.

I tell young people not grow old. Fly backwards over the international date line 100 times. Whatever it takes.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user
Gina gershon. Yes sir!
Post 97 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know who that is. But I will look it up.

Gal Gadot is growing on me. The more I see her as Wonder Woman, the more I am liking how she portrays the part. I originally thought her breasts were too small to do it right (like Linda Carter). But I'm liking her in that role. A lot.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Does anyone have a good place to look at the cost and time comparisons for both companies? I will most likely be submitting my first 5-10 comics this Summer and I still haven't decided who to go with. I plan on getting most pressed from CFP first. I believe my comics are in the Bronze-Modern (Iron Fist 14, New Teen Titans 2, NM 87,98 and a couple X-Men books).

CBCS does pressing in-house. I would go with them.

It think I want to support other companies, just not the big 2. I assume the pressing turnaround time is much faster too.
Post 99 IP   flag post
So when the companies ask for the comic value, I assume you just take a raw estimate of the going market? I am not a professional grader so how would I know what the grade should be
Post 100 IP   flag post
@moodswing Something along those lines. Basically we have to assign a replacement cost to each book. That way if, for example, FedEx is transporting the books and they're damaged or the facility were to go up in flames while your books are in our possession that's the amount you would be reimbursed by the insurance company.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
@moodswing Something along those lines. Basically we have to assign a replacement cost to each book. That way if, for example, FedEx is transporting the books and they're damaged or the facility were to go up in flames while your books are in our possession that's the amount you would be reimbursed by the insurance company.

Now will this price adjust after they grade the comics? I plan on dropping mine off at a con.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Does anyone have a good place to look at the cost and time comparisons for both companies? I will most likely be submitting my first 5-10 comics this Summer and I still haven't decided who to go with. I plan on getting most pressed from CFP first. I believe my comics are in the Bronze-Modern (Iron Fist 14, New Teen Titans 2, NM 87,98 and a couple X-Men books).

CBCS does pressing in-house. I would go with them.

It think I want to support other companies, just not the big 2. I assume the pressing turnaround time is much faster too.

If you're not using CBCS, I can certainly recommend who NOT to use. You can PM me if you're interested.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@moodswing Once they're graded we have a record of the assigned grades and would be able to easily look up the fair market value for reimbursement if required. Keep in mind that if you submit a book and under value it, once it's graded it would be bumped up to the appropriate grading tier. For example:

A comic is submitted with a value of $200 in the Expanded tier with a grading fee of $30 (Max value $250). Once graded the FMV is determined to be $1000, it would be bumped up to Quickstream with a grading fee of $58 (Max value $1150) and you would be charged the difference in fees between the two tiers which in this case would be $28. So yes, your book would be covered by the insurance for $1000.

Which convention?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

It's disturbing because she looks about 15 in that picture. That was probably the intent. I have no real disagreements with your points. The girl I love asked me out when she was 18. She tricked me. She acted like she was in her late 20's. It was more awkward for me than it was for her, but she's a 12 on a scale of 1-10, so I was smitten from day one.

I didn't know Robert Redford posted here.
I'm a big fan sir.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601329 123 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?