Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Disappointed with CBCS5896

Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
I own 3 businesses and there are a few reasons why they are successful. Knowledge, Strategy and what best for the customers' needs. For my needs, it's not Signature on new books. I would never even buy one as I can careless about them. I want a company focused on MY NEEDS. Who is more focused on the CGC or CBCS, looks like CGC by the Strategy of their location...
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCBE
I own 3 businesses and there are a few reasons why they are successful. Knowledge, Strategy and what best for the customers' needs.

You realize you're not the only customer CBCS has right?...I feel like you're forgetting that.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I still fail to see a problem here.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user

Giggity, noooo problems here
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
I don't care if I am or not their only customer. I'm looking out for me not them, what in the hell are you thinking? I want a business to look out for my needs if one does and the other doesn't who do I go with? CGC...
Post 55 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
focused on MY NEEDS

We all have needs

Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Leah Remini is hot.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Can we have this thread locked already?
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
And I like CBCS better because their zip code adds up to the square root of my birthday digits when multiplied by my age when I learned to tie my shoes.

Point being, we all have our reasons for liking one over the other. If you so choose CGC @VCBE, then no one here will fault you for it. If you think CGC is better due to placement at one show, good for you. It only needs to be valid for you.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't care if I am or not their only customer. I'm looking out for me not them, what in the hell are you thinking? I want a business to look out for my needs if one does and the other doesn't who do I go with? CGC...

I guess it's settled then; take your business to CGC and see if they cater to you better. Don't let the doorknob hit you where the good lord split you. Oh, but keep in mind the $5 invoice fee per tier and the fact that different tiers can't be shipped together so the separate shipping fees too.

I personally use both services (for different reasons), and I am a very happy customer.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I re-read the original post again and I'm still kind of confused as to what your major bitch is about.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

What needs are you talking about? Did you NEED their booth to be located in a certain spot? Because thats what you're complaining about.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn and I thought my mother in law bitched a lot
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I own 3 businesses and there are a few reasons why they are successful. Knowledge, Strategy and what best for the customers' needs. For my needs, it's not Signature on new books. I would never even buy one as I can careless about them. I want a company focused on MY NEEDS.

Time to start business number four?

What would you do if one of your customers needed something none of your other customers needed?

Quote:
I don't care if I am or not their only customer. I'm looking out for me not them, what in the hell are you thinking?

So by your thinking, we should all stop caring about what you need.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I own 3 businesses and there are a few reasons why they are successful. Knowledge, Strategy and what best for the customers' needs. For my needs, it's not Signature on new books. I would never even buy one as I can careless about them. I want a company focused on MY NEEDS. Who is more focused on the CGC or CBCS, looks like CGC by the Strategy of their location...

Wether you own 3 businesses may or may not be true.It is not relevant to the topic at hand, I read this statement of yours as suspicious and more so than that, I think you are using this to deflect from the legitimate questions that myself (and others) have asked of you.

If you have legitimate concerns regarding CBCS and CGC, they will be answered truthfully.

You have ignored my request for both your CGC Forums user ID and your eBay user ID.

My handle on both of those is the same as it is on this forum.

Your posting style is usually negative towards CBCS, I have noticed this in several threads.

I cannot recall what you said about CGC in other threads.

I also am unsure as to whether or not your (apparent) lack of coherently formatting your posts, and ideas in general, is intentional on your part or not.

Kindly refer to the quoted text below,for my earlier post towards you that I referred to within this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
I have also summited to CGC (Over 100 Silver age none below 9.0)and they do have better quality, shipping, Packing your Comic and Customer Service than CBCS. I'm just trying CBCS out for the second time and feeling like I made a mistake... I still have over 2,500 Silver Age books to go...

A lot of your posts on here seem to disparage third party grading.

I would be curious as to what your eBay seller ID is,and what your handle on the CGC Forum is, as well. ☺
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like you have a clear choice. CGC does not meet my needs therefore I don't struggle with it. I also requested that my message board account at the CGC be deleted as I find this to be a more hospitable and interesting place to post. I have no desire to go there and post about CGC not meeting my needs. No one service is going to meet the needs of every customer. It's nice that people have a choice.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Somebody please meet my needs
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

Addict!!!

Here you go.

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
X-51, both boards have their pros and cons.

Same applies to both companies IMHO.

@ ANY CBCS MODS READING THIS THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD INTEL VCBE HAS EITHER ACKNOWLEDGED, OR ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS I ASKED OF HIM , IN MY POST TOWARDS VCBE ABOVE THIS REPLY TO X-51

P.S.

Apologies in advance for the all caps posting style here.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a Burger King 5 minutes away, and a McDonald's 8 minutes away. I prefer McDonald's.

And dag-gum it! No matter how much I badmouth BK (flame broiled. ick), McDonald's still won't move their restaurant closer to me.

IT'S ME, Ron!!! C'MON, MAN!

Oh, the humanity....
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@VCBE Not trying to pile on here but I really don't understand any of what you are saying is an issue. You say you have submitted 100 books to CGC and you think they have superior, ". . . quality, shipping, packing and customer service. . ." Your research tells you that books in CGC slabs are worth 25% more than CBCS slabs. But, you willingly gave $20k in books to what you believe is the inferior conpany. Why would you do that?

Very few (seems only 1) successful business people would submit $20K in inventory to what they believed was an inferior company with inferior quality, inferior shipping, inferior packing, inferior customer service and inferior ROI to only then ask a group of stranger on an internet forum if it was a mistake.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I will for a dollar
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Addict!!!

Here you go.

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/

🤣 well, thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Quote:

I will for a dollar

Nononono you arent pretty enough I’ve seen you 🤣🍺
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@ ANY CBCS MODS READING THIS THREAD, PLEASE DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD INTEL VCBE HAS EITHER ACKNOWLEDGED, OR ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS I ASKED OF HIM , IN MY POST TOWARDS VCBE ABOVE THIS REPLY TO X-51

P.S.

Don't believe this drivel. He's just hoping for more Leah pics...
Post 74 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I think it’s worth noting that Wondercon isn’t an especially big show and despite CGC being in the 700 row and CBCS at 2200, they’re only like a minute or two apart. It’s not like SDCC where it’s a 15 minute trip through throngs of people from one side of the convention to the other.

Oddly enough, at SDCC, CBCS is only a few rows away from CGC and the “Silver Age action” of the OP’s needs
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus
Quote:

P.S.

Don't believe this drivel. He's just hoping for more Leah pics...

I saw her on Sharon Osbourne's daytime talk show and she had a roll of fat pushing her shirt outward. It was so unflattering that I was amazed they didn't film the interview from a different angle or have her stand up. I question whether the pictures of her in this thread are free of digital manipulation or airbrushing in general. I normally think she's attractive, but I was actually cringing a little when I saw her on that show.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
So this has been going on for 3 pages now, and if I understand it correctly, the issue is that @VCBE thinks CBCS sucks and CGC is better because of booth position at a Comic Con? So that ultimately proves that CGC is better? And he knows this because he owns 3 successful businesses and always meets his customers needs and as a customer feels that CBCS should cater to his whims. Does that about sum it up?

He didn't have books damaged, he didn't have books lost, CBCS didn't blatantly miss grade a book, but because he would have to walk a few extra steps it's all fire and brimstone, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria...
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm fine with that. I wanted to read discussions about comics there and I just saw cliques of bullies running rampantly while posting memes ad nauseam. It didn't interest me. I'm glad some people prefer their board and don't post the same content here. That's just me though.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
So this has been going on for 3 pages now, and if I understand it correctly, the issue is that @VCBE thinks CBCS sucks and CGC is better because of booth position at a Comic Con? So that ultimately proves that CGC is better? And he knows this because he owns 3 successful businesses and always meets his customers needs and as a customer feels that CBCS should cater to his whims. Does that about sum it up?

He didn't have books damaged, he didn't have books lost, CBCS didn't blatantly miss grade a book, but because he would have to walk a few extra steps it's all fire and brimstone, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria...

That's what I got out of it.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm never surprised anymore at the apparent nuttiness of other people.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601474 123 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?