Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Can I have thoughts from you guys about Chew #1 and is it overpriced and if so is the reason because of the TV show rumors? If it’s worth buying (9.8) what would be an a “worth it” price. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I just looked and there's a $300 9.8 sale; that's a good price. Listings seem to have been at the $400 mark forever.

I'll add it was a good series, most folks who were buying/owning early issues were fans and not spec people looking to make dollars.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
there have been rumors of a Chew tv show for 7 years now
Post 3 IP   flag post
Could you send that eBay link. I don’t see it
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chew-1-9-8-Layman-Guillory-Image-Comics/401480949980?hash=item5d7a2120dc:g:bvgAAOSwL9paZR2h
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
The cartoon that they were creating is unfortunately dead in the water and won’t be happening anytime soon, if at all according to John Layman. Too bad because they did have some really solid actors already recording lines for the show.

Maybe if we’re lucky someone will make another attempt to pull off a live action version. If I’m not mistaken Showtine was attempting to and they also wound up dropping it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
I just looked and there's a $300 9.8 sale; that's a good price. Listings seem to have been at the $400 mark forever.

I'll add it was a good series, most folks who were buying/owning early issues were fans and not spec people looking to make dollars.

$310 was a steal!

All of the sales this year on GPA are between $428 and $450.

I just dropped mine to $450 if anyone is interested.

Here is the link (not a bad use for ebay's 15% off coupon.

Chew # 1 CGC 9.8 White Pages
Post 7 IP   flag post
So $360 is also good?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie
So $360 is also good?
Very!
Post 9 IP   flag post
598073 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?