Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Who Is The Red Goblin?5864

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Off the top of my head, Ferro Lad and Wildcat.

As in real life. Everyone dies. But in comics, some die more than once.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Peek-a-boo.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
hey @drogio, is that a shop variant?

have you heard anything from comic xposure regarding 796 yet? i finally got a shipping notification. hopefully it arrives in decent condition.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
hey @drogio, is that a shop variant?

have you heard anything from comic xposure regarding 796 yet? i finally got a shipping notification. hopefully it arrives in decent condition.

That is a shop variant. New York Collector Cave. 3000 print run $15, on sale starting this evening for those not yet burned out by Red Gobby variants. They also seem to sell CX variants at the same price....so im a bit skeptical. Going to pass on this one.

As for ASM 796, I did get my shipping notice for the virgin cover...However I also had ordered the regular trade dress and have heard nothing...I did request they combine them into one shipment, but CX never responded...I've sent about 5 emails and have hounded them on their social media page (I've been polite, but to the point that I'm disappointed in their lack of response).

So maybe both will show up in the package on its way. Either way, they owe me something (either a comic that they've been shipping for weeks, or a discount fo combin shipping). Basically, I'm not done with them....except for buying comics in the future...that part I'm done with concerning CX.

I did cancel an order with them last year...wonder if I ended up on their "do not deliver list"...

Post 29 IP   flag post
Interesting NY collector cave sells xposure variants. Ill keep that in mind for next time
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Wraith I'm having a similar "lack of shipment" issue with unknown comic books. I pre ordered Thanos 17 (both regular and ward variant) over a month ago. Order confirmation states I'll be notified when shipment is sent...issues were on stands Wednesday and 5 days later still nothing from them. They haven't been good about responding to other inquiries I've had about other products (I.e., have yet to hear back on anything). Yet I get nearly hourly emails for numerous exclusives and pre sale offers from them....

Wondering if they'll make my "do not pre-order" list....

To date I will say Ive only had really good experiences with The Comic Mint and Midtown Comics. They seem to be on the ball. Midtown I get tracking numbers on Tuesday, the day before items are on the racks (and have Been good about damaged items)...and Comic Mint has been really prompt in getting back to me...usually within 24 hrs. Not to mention they only ship 9.6 or better comics and they honor that.

Considering starting a thread about online retailers...recommendations and avoidances...
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Whatever happened to Jack-O’-Lantern anyhow?

Last we saw him, he mistook Eddie/Venom for Flash/Venom, and was curb-stomped in front of a bunch of kids for his presumption. Before Eddie could get on with the eating of brains (assuming Jack has any left), he was teleported away to start the Venomverse arc.

Jack is another guy who seems to be really good at killing people, and has no moral compass other than his devotion to “dad” (Crime Master). Aside from Cletus Kassady & Bullseye, Jack is maybe the only other guy psychotic enough to bond w/ Carnage & be a realistic threat.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

hmmm.. I think this guy never came back from this..

That could be a good thread.. Comic book characters that stayed dead.

Post 33 IP   flag post
I think @Wraith is right; out of the whole "Death of Superman" arc, the only guy who actually died was *SPOILERS*

Eradicator.
Post 34 IP   flag post

Finally arrived. It actually shipped pretty quick as soon as it was announced that their delayed shipment came in. The Virgin covers had damage and were sent back.

Ironically I'm still waiting for my trade dress version of this cover...I ordered that separately before this one and for some reason it has not shipped even though I believe there were no delays (I see many posted on EBAY as well)....no response from Comicxposure despite numerous emails and request on their social media accounts to get back to me on this issue. Picking up the phone tomorrow...about ready to take a trip to the Bronx!

This cover is great, though. FIRST APPEARANCE OF RED GOBBY!! (arguably)
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Finally arrived. It actually shipped pretty quick as soon as it was announced that their delayed shipment came in. The Virgin covers had damage and were sent back.

Ironically I'm still waiting for my trade dress version of this cover...I ordered that separately before this one and for some reason it has not shipped even though I believe there were no delays (I see many posted on EBAY as well)....no response from Comicxposure despite numerous emails and request on their social media accounts to get back to me on this issue. Picking up the phone tomorrow...about ready to take a trip to the Bronx!

This cover is great, though. FIRST APPEARANCE OF RED GOBBY!! (arguably)
deleted
Not arguably.. Recognised by cbcs.. I imagine cgc too, wait and see
Post 36 IP   flag post
it was is a sturdy mailer designed for comics. although I'm not sure if they do anything else for overseas shipping (you're uk, right?), it should be fine. It's shipped as well as midtown or comic mint or frankies, if you need comparisons.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Drogio Glad to see your arrived. Hoping mine gets here any day now.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I see CX is offering a 3rd print "convention exclusive" now on their FB page...that got me going as I haven't gotten my first print trade and they're already soliciting a 3rd print....
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
it was is a sturdy mailer designed for comics. although I'm not sure if they do anything else for overseas shipping (you're uk, right?), it should be fine. It's shipped as well as midtown or comic mint or frankies, if you need comparisons.
that's great to know after reading stories of them sending comics in loose envelopes
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
I see CX is offering a 3rd print "convention exclusive" now on their FB page...that got me going as I haven't gotten my first print trade and they're already soliciting a 3rd print....
nuts
Post 41 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Recent events, He is not dead. I believe in the phantom zone at the moment, and exists in the future as well on a planet with the Zod family. Supes and Booster gold just fought him this past few months.

Superman put them all in the phantom zone after zod put together a team of the cyborg and the eradicator (among others). Zod and family has since escaped, and supes brought the cyborg out and put him in a prison in the fortress of solitude. I think the eradicator is still there, I dont recall seeing him after the banishment. Reading too many titles right now
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have the same issue with them involving the trade version. Multiple texts and emails but no answer. They have made my "never order again from them" list. Very disappointing. SMH
Post 43 IP   flag post
I contacted nycollectorcave as they sell CX variants (same price) and asked him if he knew what was up with them, has a store and situated in the Bronx. CX is not a store.

He got back to me within hours and said he picks up the issues when CX gets them in, and knows the guy personally. He told me to give him my order number and he'd see what he could do. I did and the next day I got a shipping notice. Needless to say I'm going through nycollectorcave for any CX shop variants in the future.

I'll see what condition my issue comes in, as I was ver persistent and likely annoyed the CX dude.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

Recent events, He is not dead. I believe in the phantom zone at the moment, and exists in the future as well on a planet with the Zod family. Supes and Booster gold just fought him this past few months.

Superman put them all in the phantom zone after zod put together a team of the cyborg and the eradicator (among others). Zod and family has since escaped, and supes brought the cyborg out and put him in a prison in the fortress of solitude. I think the eradicator is still there, I dont recall seeing him after the banishment. Reading too many titles right now
ah. I Had no idea
Post 45 IP   flag post
600782 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?