Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Who Is The Red Goblin?5864

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Up to 3 guesses, in order of probability (#1 being most probable).

Go.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
We all are???
You are??
I am????

Osborne...
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
There is no red goblin
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Cletus Kassidy!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t really care. Apologies for my apathy. 😃
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Aunt May!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
A gimmick character
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Negan.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Whoever is speculated the least.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Uncle Ben 🤣
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
1. Donald Trump

2. Norman Osborn and Carnage mash-up

3. Mary Jane Watson
Post 11 IP   flag post
Great answers. Here's mine:

1) Ghost Rider - because everyone is a ghost rider these days

2) a venomized thanos / weapon H - mashups = $$$, and the more the better

3.) Wolverine (not the old man or girl....the "dead" one) - because they need some wacky story to bring him back from the dead and shock everyone.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Squirrel Girl
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah... that one I don't care about. I'm not even going to guess.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Whose face is censored!!

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
First time I saw the Red Goblin, I instantly thought of the Insidious demon.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
3.) Wolverine (not the old man or girl....the "dead" one) - because they need some wacky story to bring him back from the dead and shock everyone.

I think he came back in that "Legacy" one-shot, didn't he? There have been "Wolverine sighting" in a handful of other comics since. (These have a special icon on the cover, so you can collect the whole series of someone who looks like Wolverine just walking around, one page per issue.)

Anyway, it turns out it wasn't a wacky story. They just showed the giant adamantium statue that held his dead, dead body all torn open and stuff. And then an X-men person walked up and saw the empty, broken statue thing, ripped apart from the inside, and she said, "Huh. I guess he isn't dead after all." Or something like that.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Please excuse my ignorance ie the Spidey universe as I don't read that stuff anymore, but back in the ASM 590 series, Norman Osborne impregnated Menace. Did anything become of it? If not, then my guess is RG is GG/Menaces evil offspring,... or should be.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
https://comicsheatingup.net/2018/03/22/who-is-the-red-goblin/#more-23866

I have a Web #125 in a box somewhere. But I'm sure so do many many others.. Haha
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

I think he came back in that "Legacy" one-shot, didn't he? There have been "Wolverine sighting" in a handful of other comics since. (These have a special icon on the cover, so you can collect the whole series of someone who looks like Wolverine just walking around, one page per issue.)

Anyway, it turns out it wasn't a wacky story. They just showed the giant adamantium statue that held his dead, dead body all torn open and stuff. And then an X-men person walked up and saw the empty, broken statue thing, ripped apart from the inside, and she said, "Huh. I guess he isn't dead after all." Or something like that.

I thought I read somewhere he was seen running around with the soul gem or something related to this infinity war or whatever this summers cross over event where the reboot everything is heading...I dunno...don't really care...once this Gobby thing is over I'm likely stopping all marvel reading..I'm done with the reboots.

Gonna focus on getting my Bronze/copper Age on...back to my roots.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio

totally with you... I was ensnared in the hype, got a few copies and variants (i'm not even a variant guy). Only thing I really like right now w/ Marvel is that Surfer's returned.

But the reboot thing is just silly now...

Heading back to the Silver/Bronze/Copper Age.
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Several mini-series coming up shortly with the bringing back wolverine storyline.

In april we’ll see THE HUNT FOR WOLVERINE #1

Then

- WEAPON LOST #1-4
- ADAMANTIUM AGENDA #1-4
- CLAWS OF A KILLER #1-4
- MYSTERY IN MADRIPOOR #1-4
Post 22 IP   flag post
Can't wait until the do a "Red Wolverine" or something!

They can make him Russian or something...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Wait....wolverine was dead and people actually believed it???? Was there a special black bagged edition???
Post 24 IP   flag post
The only character in comics whose stayed dead is Mar Vel.

Is there anyone else in the marvel or DC universe that has stayed dead for more than 10 years?

Bucky Barnes came back....Thanos came back....Jason Todd came back...Harry Ozborne...those are the ones that come to mind that at least took a few years (10 or more). Every else seems to be back in a jiffy...

Maybe Gwen Stacy, if you don't count alternate universes. And Captain Stacy?
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Off the top of my head, Ferro Lad and Wildcat.

As in real life. Everyone dies. But in comics, some die more than once.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Peek-a-boo.

Post 27 IP   flag post
hey @drogio, is that a shop variant?

have you heard anything from comic xposure regarding 796 yet? i finally got a shipping notification. hopefully it arrives in decent condition.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
hey @drogio, is that a shop variant?

have you heard anything from comic xposure regarding 796 yet? i finally got a shipping notification. hopefully it arrives in decent condition.

That is a shop variant. New York Collector Cave. 3000 print run $15, on sale starting this evening for those not yet burned out by Red Gobby variants. They also seem to sell CX variants at the same price....so im a bit skeptical. Going to pass on this one.

As for ASM 796, I did get my shipping notice for the virgin cover...However I also had ordered the regular trade dress and have heard nothing...I did request they combine them into one shipment, but CX never responded...I've sent about 5 emails and have hounded them on their social media page (I've been polite, but to the point that I'm disappointed in their lack of response).

So maybe both will show up in the package on its way. Either way, they owe me something (either a comic that they've been shipping for weeks, or a discount fo combin shipping). Basically, I'm not done with them....except for buying comics in the future...that part I'm done with concerning CX.

I did cancel an order with them last year...wonder if I ended up on their "do not deliver list"...

Post 29 IP   flag post
Interesting NY collector cave sells xposure variants. Ill keep that in mind for next time
Post 30 IP   flag post
600723 45 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?