Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice, John, and thank you! I don't have any extras currently - just the well-read copies I bought off the rack - but I'll keep you in mind if I come across some. (FYI - Mycomicshop currently has a #169 raw 8.5 for $45, which is surely at least a 9.2 or 9.4 in the real world. They also have a slabbed 9.6 of same for only $99 (!) It must be because the p.q. is Off-white/White. And they have a #170 9.6 for $90. I would chance that one myself for a crack and re-slab, but I've already got one on the way to getting pressed and graded.)

You said you are also trying to get the earlier Daredevils; which tells me you are not just interested in Miller's writing, but his art, too. So you may be interested in a comic I just recently got back. It came back an 8.5, which was lower than I thought warranted, but still nice. It is a completely unremarkable book, really ... except one of the stories happens to be the first time Frank Miller drew Batman (written by Denny O'Neil). Did you know about this one? It's really not too hard to find, usually.

No.... I was not aware of Holiday Special Book. I have to say that Im a much bigger fan of Miller's writing than his earlier Art work, but as a completest I will require the earlier Miller Daredevil Issues. I will have to check out those issues at MyComicShop. Other than a couple of the more Key Books I will most likely crack out any slabbed issues as I prefer them Raw. Off/White-White page quality is fine with me. I think way to much fuss is over the "White" Pages thing. Brittle,Brown, Tanned, toning edges.... NO The two higher quality page qualities are both fine with me as it really is pretty subjective.

Good Luck with your #170 Pressing and I can't wait to see it added to your beautiful run! I gotta good check out MyComicShop.... NOW!

Regards
John
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up two copies of Detective Comics 371. Classic sexist cover.

Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
My recent wins

Guess I like Doctor Aphra. 😁

Post 178 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Slow night, won one book for next to nothing:

Post 179 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - That’s not like you, Corey. You must have been too tired from the Boston Con. See you in CT on Sunday?
Post 180 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
My recent wins

Guess I like Doctor Aphra. 😁

Love the Creepy Book! Nice Grab on it!
Post 181 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@drchaos - That’s not like you, Corey. You must have been too tired from the Boston Con. See you in CT on Sunday?

Not only was I tired, my wallet took a beating as well. With that said I wasn't impressed with this week's auction. I only bid on five books.

I will be there (not sure about Sunday yet). Let me know if you want me to bring any of the books from my ebay store.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 183 IP   flag post

Post 184 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user

Post 185 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up pretty cheap. Needs a light pressing but I couldn't go wrong with the price. It doesn't seem to be a really common book. I see one every now and then on eBay and of course the graded one that will probably always be on eBay at that price.

Also picked up this one. I used to have a version that I bought right off the rack when I was younger but for some reason I lost my mind and sold all of my comics as a bulk lot years ago. Looking prices now, I come to tears when I think about all the cash I lost on that deal.

Post 186 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Not only was I tired, my wallet took a beating as well. With that said I wasn't impressed with this week's auction. I only bid on five books.

I will be there (not sure about Sunday yet). Let me know if you want me to bring any of the books from my ebay store.

Well next week looks below average as well
Post 187 IP   flag post
Won three pieces of original art so far tonight:

AIRBOY (1986) Issue #8 Interior Page

Pg. 3; Stan Woch pencils, Will Blyberg inks; 10.25" x 16.5

ALL-OUT WAR Issue #1 Interior Page

Pg. 38; E. R. Cruz pencils and inks; 10" x 15"

ARTEMIS: REQUIEM Issue #2 Interior Page

Pg. 8; Ed Benes pencils, Doug Selogy inks; 10.25" x 15.25"

Post 188 IP   flag post

More original art:

CREEPY Issue #117 Interior Page

Pg. 60; Val Mayerik pencils, Jeff Easley inks; 11" x 17"

Post 189 IP   flag post

More original art

G.I. COMBAT 1957-87 Issue #206 Interior Page

Pg. 18; E.R. Cruz pencils and inks; 10" x 15"

G.I. COMBAT 1957-87 Issue #206 Interior Page

Pg. 26; E.R. Cruz pencils and inks; 10" x 15"

Post 190 IP   flag post

Post 191 IP   flag post

More art:

HERE KITTY, KITTY, KITTY Half Splash

Pg. 1; Ben Dunn pencils, Art Capello & Sam de la Rosa inks. Intended for an issue of "Bloody Bones and Blackeyed Peas!"; c1980; 9.25" x 14; unpublished story

Post 192 IP   flag post
@poka I bid on the Omega Men 3 but it hot too rich for my blood.

Congrats!
Post 193 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Omega Men 3
I've got 3 of those, I may have to get them graded
Post 194 IP   flag post
Quote:
@poka I bid on the Omega Men 3 but it hot too rich for my blood.

Congrats!

Lol - yeah no way you would win when I bid on this one for personal collection and you bid for reselling
Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Omega Men 3

I have got quite a few as well but don’t think any of them are 9.8
Post 196 IP   flag post

Post 197 IP   flag post
Last two wins of the night, both original art:

KA-ZAR 1974-77 Issue #14 Interior Page

Pg. 5; Larry Hama pencils, Jack Abel inks; image size 10" x 15"

MICKEY SPILLANE'S MIKE DANGER Issue #10 Interior Page

Pg. 2; Brad Gorby pencils, Terry Beatty inks; 10.75" x 17"

Post 198 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Omega Men 3

I have got quite a few as well but don’t think any of them are 9.8

I bought this when it came out. Dug it out this summer to get it signed at HeroesCon, so it's out for grading now. Hoping for a 9.8 but expecting a 9.6. (I read it once or twice, but I was pretty good about keeping 'em in good condition, sometimes. Fingers crossed.)
Post 199 IP   flag post
Won two more pieces of original art last night:

WESTERN ACTION (1975) Issue #1 Interior Page

Pg. 27; Jack Abel pencils, Al Milgrom inks; 10.5" x 16"

WITCHING HOUR Issue #36 Interior Page

Pg. 19; E.R. Cruz pencils and inks; 10" x 15"

Post 200 IP   flag post
Collector IcantfindwhatIwant private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the ebay photos from my latest win. I have been buying, grading, and upgrading SS#1 for too long, hoping this one will be graded high enough for me to keep. My 1st purchase turned out to be an A.R. at 3.5, then a non-resto 3.5...I am hoping this one comes back higher.

Post 201 IP   flag post
2 wins tonight, 15$ each with shipping. Been eyeing the submariner 5 for some time, and always after pre-100 FF.

Post 202 IP   flag post
Oh shoot, bagged another one at 15$. Feeling good, maybe time to stop spending $$$ and slow it down on the 🍺🍺🍺🍺. Cheers.
Post 203 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@IcantfindwhatIwant

Congrats!!! All great books!! Unless the back is worse, your SS1 looks like a 4.5 maybe 5.0 on a good day. Great wins!!!
Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@IcantfindwhatIwant

Congrats!!! All great books!! Unless the back is worse, your SS1 looks like a 4.5 maybe 5.0 on a good day. Great wins!!!

Thanks! The back looks good on SS1, I think I would be happy with either of those grades.
Post 205 IP   flag post
597909 999 30