Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos those few i was interested in went too high as well - so happily skipped
Post 901 IP   flag post
Ok - it is now official - this time of the year is the best time to buy on auctions for the lowest prices. My wins from tonight’s hakes auction.

Post 902 IP   flag post
The big one of the night

Post 903 IP   flag post
Not often you see an early x-men with white pages!

Post 904 IP   flag post
Last 2

Post 905 IP   flag post

Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing amazing, but some I will grade and keep.

The REAL 1st Gambit

Post 906 IP   flag post

Post 907 IP   flag post

Post 908 IP   flag post

Post 909 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 910 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
I got a seriously good deal on these, ok you could say that’s because they are not selling but I couldn’t resist.

Actually cost me much much more in postage.

I also liked the TV series and shame it did not continue.

Don’t ask me why I purchased 2 x 2nd printings of 5 and 6 but at 0.99$ each I couldn’t say noooooo 😂
😂

😂

Post 911 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
We got back from 2 weeks in Cancun and had these waiting for me.

Post 912 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
...and these.

Post 913 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 914 IP   flag post

Post 915 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just the two wins for tonight.

Post 916 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Back in my collection after selling one in far lower grade off a few months ago.
Post 917 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I almost forgot, and then got one tonight. Love that cover.

Post 918 IP   flag post

Post 919 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user

Dang! I feel bad for these people. I needed to replace my alpha 1 to complete my set ( for the second time) I place a bid 3 days ago and the max amount I was willing go for an unread - looks awesome copy. I just won it for $3 ... thats so bad ....and its Christmas too. I should probably tell ebay that I want to send some extra to them BRB
Post 920 IP   flag post
Bid on a couple books one page one before the auction but didn't get top bid on them.

Ended up blowing off the rest of the auction this week.
Post 921 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the infamous FF #19 that I won in an eBay auction last week and within minutes of being notified I was the winning bidder, the seller sent me a message saying sorry, the book was no longer available. After a few messages back and forth, he agreed to honor my bid and it arrived today (along with a second book I won from the same seller).

id

I honestly didn't care if I won this book or not, because I only have a hand-full of SA FF's (but I did not want to be treated dishonestly either). I just thought it was a cool cover - and one that was swiped (and actually a continuation/different view-point of the original story) in a Doctor Strange comic that came out almost two decades later. (Weirdly enough, there is another tie-in to this story in West Coast Avengers #22 from 1987!)

Post 922 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the ASM #53 that I won in another auction from the same seller as the FF above.

Post 923 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats on all your wins. I can't win a cracker. Think I'm in tight wad mode ATM heading into the holidays
Post 924 IP   flag post

Post 925 IP   flag post

Post 926 IP   flag post

Post 927 IP   flag post

Post 928 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I had the top bid when I stopped looking at the auction for a couple hours.

Great book!
Post 929 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, Congratulations! Glad this one went to a CBCS veteran. Let me dig through my records, see what I can find out about this one. I don't remember offhand where I picked it up, but I have an inkling. I'll get the grader notes, too, once CGC's website is working again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Post 930 IP   flag post
601489 999 30