Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@drchaos I know I could just contact support but I thought I'd post here instead. Did comicconnect change their shipping policy? When I go to checkout they are saying the lowest shipping charge is $36.50. You'd think the one comic I purchased was $3200 for that price instead of $32. I've purchased one slab from them about 6 months ago and the charge was only $12.

I usually drive in to the city and have them load up my car.

USPS can't damage my books that way.
Post 876 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 877 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

Nice pickup.

After pretty much everything went wrong in Baltimore yesterday, I ended up not bothering with the last day of the auction.

Allstate Motor Club is the absolute worst. The four hours they left me stranded on the highway meant no day one at the show for me.

At least I was able to pick up my vendor pass so I can get an early start Sat and Sun.
Post 878 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos hope the rest of the weekend treats you better. As a former Allstate employee I can confirm that they are the absolute worst.
Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 880 IP   flag post

HA should do more auctions on Thursday evenings

Post 881 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Those sure are some nice Star Wars books! Take care of them!
Post 882 IP   flag post
@drchaos Nice Star Treks!
Post 883 IP   flag post
Be sure to sign up on the gift exchange thread if you ha ent already. It's a lot of fun, but the deadline is closing in.
Post 884 IP   flag post

Post 885 IP   flag post

Post 886 IP   flag post
Last one for today. This one is interesting. Al Williamson written bottom right corner. When I get it need to check whether the sig is legit.

Post 887 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
nice find and hard to say..doesn't look right to me, but might be !
Post 888 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
nice find and hard to say..doesn't look right to me, but might be !

Yeah - cannot say based on pic. It is written in pencil and is a bit vague. Will have a better idea when I hold the book.
Post 889 IP   flag post
The first one was listed as Marvel lot of 4.

Post 890 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this on eBay. It will complete my Steranko cover (and interior art on 1-3 & 5) run for Nick Fury Agent of Shield (1-7). I hope this seller doesn't let me down like the last one did (I never did receive that Swamp Thing - eBay had to refund my money).

Post 891 IP   flag post
I was so busy getting books to my pressing guy for my big Rhode Island submission this weekend that I forgot all about last night's auction even though there were a couple books I was going to focus on.

Next time then.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Building on my GIJoe newsstand collection. Grabbed this last night. Description had it at an 8.0, and i got a decent price for it (plus used a $10 off coupon). It has a good spine curl, but no signs of any Spine ticks or creases other than in areas already white (no ink). Front and back appear clean.

So I took a small gamble and will see what a press can do thinking it’s a good candidate. A 9.0 would be worth the investment!
Post 893 IP   flag post

Post 894 IP   flag post

Post 895 IP   flag post

Post 896 IP   flag post

Post 897 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, wow ... Nice catch! You know, I used to try searches with misspelled words, or using a range of numbers instead of the key issue number. But it never struck gold, and I just stopped trying. But man! Nice to know it still happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
The first one was listed as Marvel lot of 4.

Post 898 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid thanks but I was not the only one who found that lot so prices went up but still acceptable
Post 899 IP   flag post
Only won two items tonight.

Most items I wanted went for too much.

Also, I was zonked out from attending two shows this weekend and took a nap through about half of the auction.

Post 900 IP   flag post
@drchaos those few i was interested in went too high as well - so happily skipped
Post 901 IP   flag post
Ok - it is now official - this time of the year is the best time to buy on auctions for the lowest prices. My wins from tonight’s hakes auction.

Post 902 IP   flag post
The big one of the night

Post 903 IP   flag post
Not often you see an early x-men with white pages!

Post 904 IP   flag post
Last 2

Post 905 IP   flag post
611411 999 30