Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
and finally the big one for me tonight

Post 852 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I was eyballing both books but did not focus on them during my bidding frenzy.

Great pickups!

Tks. My luck
Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
My most serious battle after losing that Turok giant I needed for my run to Mr Chaos...I acquired another Joyce Hummel. Always loved this cover anyways since I make spheres myself. Hard fight and it escalated rapidly during the final few moments
Something I meant to add I find fascinating about these golden age WW books...there are a total of 32 copies on the census. Of those how many do you imagine might be regrades? A VG- rates at or above seven of the known copies, placing this roughly in the top 25 known copies of this book..there just aren't many of them around or being graded at least.

Post 854 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 855 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
My most serious battle after losing that Turok giant I needed for my run to Mr Chaos...I acquired another Joyce Hummel. Always loved this cover anyways since I make spheres myself. Hard fight and it escalated rapidly during the final few moments

I didn't spend six years in chaotic medical school to be called mister.
Post 856 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 857 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Cool cover that forbidden love book. Congrats. Love the art work. 👍
Post 858 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - With those selections, I just might start calling you Dr. Eclectic, Corey.
Post 859 IP   flag post

Post 860 IP   flag post

Post 861 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 862 IP   flag post

Post 863 IP   flag post

Post 864 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta love Felix!!!
Post 865 IP   flag post

That's all for tonight!
Post 866 IP   flag post

Post 867 IP   flag post

Post 868 IP   flag post

Last one for tonight.
Post 869 IP   flag post
@drchaos nice comics! I was bidding on some of the other Mystery Tales issues but was far too cheap to win anything.
Post 870 IP   flag post

Post 871 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Nice New God's. Black covers with no major color breaking creases always look way cool . 👍
Post 872 IP   flag post

Post 873 IP   flag post
@drchaos I know I could just contact support but I thought I'd post here instead. Did comicconnect change their shipping policy? When I go to checkout they are saying the lowest shipping charge is $36.50. You'd think the one comic I purchased was $3200 for that price instead of $32. I've purchased one slab from them about 6 months ago and the charge was only $12.
Post 874 IP   flag post

That's all for tonight.

Not sure about tomorrow, I leave for Baltimore Comic Con at day break.
Post 875 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@drchaos I know I could just contact support but I thought I'd post here instead. Did comicconnect change their shipping policy? When I go to checkout they are saying the lowest shipping charge is $36.50. You'd think the one comic I purchased was $3200 for that price instead of $32. I've purchased one slab from them about 6 months ago and the charge was only $12.

I usually drive in to the city and have them load up my car.

USPS can't damage my books that way.
Post 876 IP   flag post

Post 877 IP   flag post
@flanders

Nice pickup.

After pretty much everything went wrong in Baltimore yesterday, I ended up not bothering with the last day of the auction.

Allstate Motor Club is the absolute worst. The four hours they left me stranded on the highway meant no day one at the show for me.

At least I was able to pick up my vendor pass so I can get an early start Sat and Sun.
Post 878 IP   flag post
@drchaos hope the rest of the weekend treats you better. As a former Allstate employee I can confirm that they are the absolute worst.
Post 879 IP   flag post

Post 880 IP   flag post
601340 999 30