Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to get the full Simonson Thor run all in one lot. Nice shape too
I normally only look for slabbed books any more, but this was too good to pass up.

Post 801 IP   flag post
Collector Airmomo private msg quote post Address this user

Here's one I got a couple months ago
Post 802 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmomo

Here's one I got a couple months ago

I've never seen this version. Why doesn't CGC acknowledge the lack of the Maxx 1/2 Logo?
Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector Airmomo private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure they probably made a mistake. I'm going to resubmit to get it corrected.
Post 804 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I know I've already posted this book in Auctions thread. But I had to repost it here as my book arrived today and I'm still stoked.
Now I have 1st appearance of Darkseid and I have his full appearance in Forever people 1 and his first cover appearance in New God's 2.

And this is the box it came in 🙄

I'm not a huge fan of U.S post. I have stories.

Edit.
Thought I posted this in the new to your collection thread. Hey it's Friday I'm having a beer

Yeah I know beer in a plastic cup.
But it's game day here so watcha gonna do.
Post 805 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross that is cruel - I have a long trail run tmr so cannot have a beer today
Post 806 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@poka a trail run. That sounds like to much work for me. I'll be at home doing some chores and I have about 30 bronze books to read. Wet weekend in northwest so I'll take advantage of indoor activities 😀
Post 807 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 808 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I know I've already posted this book in Auctions thread. But I had to repost it here as my book arrived today and I'm still stoked.
Now I have 1st appearance of Darkseid and I have his full appearance in Forever people 1 and his first cover appearance in New God's 2.

Edit.
Thought I posted this in the new to your collection thread. Hey it's Friday I'm having a beer

actually new gods 2 is also darkseids 2nd full appearance as well as being on the cover
Post 809 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Darkseid_of_town @Enelson (tks) most slabs i buy are for PC but these are all for sale once i receive them.

there are first dibs on the avengers/spidey blanks, iceman and black spidey

just pm me
apparently we're dibs on more then that as I was the first to post asking and three we're dibs on the one I asked about as well
Post 810 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Darkseid_of_town @Enelson (tks) most slabs i buy are for PC but these are all for sale once i receive them.

there are first dibs on the avengers/spidey blanks, iceman and black spidey

just pm me
apparently we're dibs on more then that as I was the first to post asking and three we're dibs on the one I asked about as well

There were dibs from some regulars before i posted here. Secondly to get a dib need to know ones.
Post 811 IP   flag post
I told you already, you said, taken the minute I posted so...whoosh
Post 812 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATE and WARNING -

This book was never shipped by the ebay seller (braperde-01, located in Greensboro, NC). After not receiving any shipping information from the seller by the Friday following the auction, I messaged the seller asking for information and got no response. I had to wait until after the original expected arrival date of Monday (9/30) passed before I could ask ebay for assistance. They required me to send a second request to the seller, and then wait 5 days. So I sent a message requesting the book and shipping information and again received no response. Ebay refunded the money to my PayPal account yesterday. So beware of this seller (who curiously enough currently has no items listed on ebay). So I followed the auction for this book for a week, thought I won the book for a decent price, and basically let someone use my money for two weeks. I wonder if the other winners of the books that were in the same auction got shafted too. What will ebay do about this seller and what other actions, if any, should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This is all @flanders fault! He posted a pic of a Swamp Thing #7 that he purchased last week, and it got me missing the copy I sold off (with all my original series ST's and a HOS #92) all those years ago. So I saw this copy in an auction, placed a last second bid, and wouldn't you now it, I won. So thank you!

Post 813 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
That's unfortunate. I was actually bidding on that same book even though I won another copy earlier that week because the price seemed right. Not sure what to do other than leave negative feedback and try to find another copy.
Post 814 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - Since my purchase price was refunded, the "sale" doesn't even show up in my purchase history anymore. So I'm not even sure if I can leave negative feedback.
Post 815 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Weird. Looks like this guy bought this comic from wonder_tunes_comics on July 12th for $98.00 (plus $14.35 shipping). I guess he didn't like selling it for less than half that?

If yours was the auction that ended at $46 on Sept 22, the same copy was sold by same seller on Sept 2nd. It went for $56, but was "relisted." So a previous sell fell through, also.

FYI, wonder_tunes_comics sold 13 copies of Swamp Thing #7 in July, Aug, and Sept., all between 8.0 and 9.4. (And a lot of issues #5, #6, and #9 also.) He doesn't have any listed now, but you might want to reach out to him, see if he has some more available?
Post 816 IP   flag post
I got my 9.0 copy from wonder_tunes_comics for $52 w/shipping. So at least he's willing to sell it for a lower price instead of refusing to sell b/c he didn't like the auction value. I've always wished there were more repercussions for seller's that still have an item in stock but outright refuse to sell b/c they didn't get the price they wanted.
Post 817 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@flanders - Since my purchase price was refunded, the "sale" doesn't even show up in my purchase history anymore. So I'm not even sure if I can leave negative feedback.

You can always keep the seller to your saved list and then buy something cheap from him to give negative feedback out of spite (if he ever lists on Ebay again). Not my style but I would definitely support it.
Post 818 IP   flag post

Post 819 IP   flag post

Post 820 IP   flag post
won as a VF+ and looking it over, it needs a good cleaning but should otherwise be somewhere in the low 9's> If we ever get that third guardians movie, this one will be on the move again.

Post 821 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
After spending the time and money I did at NYCC I was very selective last night.

I picked out four targets and went 0 for 4.

Congratulations to the MCS auction winners!
Post 822 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 823 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Edit.

@dpiercy
Post 824 IP   flag post

Post 825 IP   flag post

Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my (one) book from the Murphy Anderson File Copy I was able to win:

The last of the Hunter's Hellcats series. The LOSERS would arrive next issue.
Post 827 IP   flag post

Post 828 IP   flag post

Post 829 IP   flag post

Post 830 IP   flag post
598094 999 30