Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Glad I did not bid on that file copy of Little Dot now...
Post 751 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I was watching that ASM #119. Sold a copy with the exact same grade and p.q. three months ago for $320.00. So, a good buy, that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Post 752 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Glad I did not bid on that file copy of Little Dot now...

The GPA on the book isn't all that high but Little Dot books in high grade are as rare as hen's teeth.
Post 753 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I was watching that ASM #119. Sold a copy with the exact same grade and p.q. three months ago for $320.00. So, a good buy, that one.

Quote:

The last time I had one it took a long time to sell.

Everyone would ask me if I has ASM # 120 for some reason.
Post 754 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@drchaos how many copies of wd 108 ss do you own now?

Not sure of the total but I have at least two.

I only have one other 9.8 copy signed by Ezekiel (Khary Payton) but I recently bought it at another MCS auction. This latest copy was a bargain (I went over $100 on the last one).

I consigned the first one to MCS. It is listed for $185.

The reason you may think I have a ton of these is that I also recently bought a 9.8 unsigned copy from another recent MCS auction.

I may have more copies signed by Kirkman and / or Rathburn, Adlard, etc. but if I do they are part of the backlog not listed on ebay (I have two unsigned 9.8s listed for $95 each).
Post 755 IP   flag post

@flanders

After doing the homework to answer your WD # 108 question I have decided to drop the price of my two Walking Dead # 108 CGC 9.8 (unsigned) on ebay from $95 to $82 dollars.

For those of you playing at home that would make the Paypal price (5% off) $77.90 and the cash price (8% off) $75.44.

Post 756 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The last time I had one it took a long time to sell.

Everyone would ask me if I has ASM # 120 for some reason.

I had it at ComicLink for a long time. Maybe a year? Not sure. But I moved my last 18 or so comics from ComicLink to MCS in mid-March and listed it then. I probably reduced the price once or twice, but looks like it sold in about three months.

I think I had a copy once of #120, but I've never got it graded. It wasn't nice enough, and that issue isn't valued as much as #119, being only part 2 of the story.
Post 757 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@drchaos waiting to see which items you outbid me on.

Unless I sell a couple big books this week I might just sit out the next few days of the auction.

I think I sprained my wallet.
Post 758 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 760 IP   flag post
Missed the first half of today's auction.

Post 761 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Now that's how to fly in style....first appearance of my girl Zatanna !! Awesome catch
Post 762 IP   flag post
Quote:
Missed the first half of today's auction.

I always stop and look at the new gods books being sold and stuff...I keep looking at this thinking what a great book and congrats on that...and sure no offense, but is it just me or do the corners lower right and upper left look a bit soft for a 9.4 on that copy?
Post 763 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Close enough for government work.
Post 764 IP   flag post
Last 2 for the day

Post 765 IP   flag post

Post 766 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 767 IP   flag post

Post 768 IP   flag post

Post 769 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is all @flanders fault! He posted a pic of a Swamp Thing #7 that he purchased last week, and it got me missing the copy I sold off (with all my original series ST's and a HOS #92) all those years ago. So I saw this copy in an auction, placed a last second bid, and wouldn't you now it, I won. So thank you!

Post 770 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo looks like you got it for a good price as well!
Post 771 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - It’s always nice to win an auction (I don’t win that many). It’s even better when the winning bid is several dollars below your highest offer.
Post 772 IP   flag post
2 more - asm is a UK pence version

Post 773 IP   flag post

Post 774 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
After two long years chasing a copy, any copy. I'd be happy with a nice clean raw vg with supple pages. Hunted at cons. Spoke to a dealer who said he had one and would look for it and bring it to the con the next day but couldn't find it.
Then finally tonight snagged one. 😀

2019 been a big year for me picking up bronze keys I've never owned before.
GL 76, GSX 1, X-Men 94 and now the Jimmy Olsen. I'm stoked 🤪
Post 775 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Got these on eBay today. They're definitely not "super rare" but are items I've been looking for. The Magnus was only $25, and I've been chasing Turok's 1st modern appearance for awhile at a good price. The Moon Knight will do for now, but I'm still chasing a SIGNED and graded Vol. 1 #1...

Post 776 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
After two long years chasing a copy, any copy. I'd be happy with a nice clean raw vg with supple pages. Hunted at cons. Spoke to a dealer who said he had one and would look for it and bring it to the con the next day but couldn't find it.
Then finally tonight snagged one. 😀

2019 been a big year for me picking up bronze keys I've never owned before.
GL 76, GSX 1, X-Men 94 and now the Jimmy Olsen. I'm stoked 🤪

I have 2 or 3 copies with CGC for grading.

Nice copy though
Post 777 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@poka thanks. Three copies in for grading cool 👍
Post 778 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Won this last night.

Post 779 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
And this one.

Post 780 IP   flag post
601450 999 30