CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just a couple of minutes ago!!!

Post 601 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
HA, picked up last week (CGC 9.0 OW/W)...

Post 602 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
My other HA win picked up last week (CGC 9.4 oW/W)...

Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
From the weekend. Not sure the guy promoted that comic well with his pic 😁😁

I was watching this auction. I can't remember if I won anything or not??
Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up in an auction recently:

Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't go for the Artgerm stuff usually but I like these

Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
35c variant

Post 607 IP   flag post

Post 608 IP   flag post

Post 609 IP   flag post
@esaravo - got myself another one lol

Post 610 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@poka - But that one cost you almost as much as what I originally sold you the whole set for!
Post 611 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@poka - But that one cost you almost as much as what I originally sold you the whole set for!

Half. Have to remember I paid pressing and grading fees as well

Anyway - this one is for PC. I didn’t want to break up the set
Post 612 IP   flag post
Last one for the day

Post 613 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Figured i would go gold digging tonight...Had a bit of a fight on my hand getting this one but I won out...
Post 614 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I think they used stock photos. The first two are CGC 9.8s and the third one is supposed to be a 10.0 from the forbidden grading company.

Post 615 IP   flag post

Post 616 IP   flag post

Post 617 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 618 IP   flag post

Post 619 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I love that Greg Horn Harley Quinn cover you just posted. But I have to ask: is there really a market for graded comic blanks like the one quoted below? It seems to defeat the purpose of blanks, doesn't it? I mean, I have dozens of these, in case I want to get sketches. But it would never occur to me to get them graded *before* I get a drawing.

I guess people would like buying it knowing it's in great condition? For when they get a sketch, knowing it has a good chance to remain high grade, even after the sketch, etc? But still, they'd have to crack it just to get the art. Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Post 620 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I love that Greg Horn Harley Quinn cover you just posted. But I have to ask: is there really a market for graded comic blanks like the one quoted below? It seems to defeat the purpose of blanks, doesn't it? I mean, I have dozens of these, in case I want to get sketches. But it would never occur to me to get them graded *before* I get a drawing.

I guess people would like buying it knowing it's in great condition? For when they get a sketch, knowing it has a good chance to remain high grade, even after the sketch, etc? But still, they'd have to crack it just to get the art. Strange.

Quote:

It is a 9.8 and I paid less than the price of slabbing.

Seemed like an easy decision.
Post 621 IP   flag post
Second-last day of comicconnect’s event auction started with a win

Post 622 IP   flag post
Quote:

I found that one interesting but could not find any comparable sales.

Cool book!
Post 623 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I was pricing out Moon Girl comics awhile back and they cost more than I'm willing to spend. Definitely a cool book. I need to find a dealer who erroneously thinks Canadian versions are worth less. I don't think there is an as-yet-known Canadian version of this one.

[Just checked, and the earliest known Canadian (Superior) EC is Moon Girl #4 from the Summer of 1948]
Post 624 IP   flag post
@X51 I really don't know much about the book other than the fact that I want one
Post 625 IP   flag post
Quote:
@X51 I really don't know much about the book other than the fact that I want one

Max Gaines published Wonder Woman's first appearances. Moon Girl was the only superhero comic that EC published and she's the equivalent to a Wonder Woman type character. Max Gaines split off from All-American and founded EC taking only the "Picture Stories From the Bible" title with him. All-American merged with DC hence DC acquired Wonder Woman. Max Gaines is considered to be the father of the modern comic book format. When he died from a boating accident, his son Bill Gaines reluctantly took over EC and changed history as far as I'm concerned. Moon Girl ties directly to the roots of comic book history as we know it today.

Moon Girl and the Prince #1
http://comiclist.comuf.com/EC/Moon_Girl_and_the_Prince/Moon_Girl_and_the_Prince.html
Moon Girl #'s 2-6
http://comiclist.comuf.com/EC/Moon_Girl/Moon_Girl.html
Moon Girl Fights Crime #7 & 8
http://comiclist.comuf.com/EC/Moon_Girl_Fights_Crime/Moon_Girl_Fights_Crime.html
It switched over to some hard to find romance comics and dropped the Moon Girl character...
A Moon, A Girl... Romance #'s 9-12
http://comiclist.comuf.com/EC/Moon_Girl_Romance/Moon_Girl_Romance.html

My eyes would be popping out of my head if I found any at a price I'd be willing to pay. I have very high regard for all of those.
Post 626 IP   flag post
1st GA Black widow

I just searched. The initials H R P is from the Henry R Pekarek collection from New York.

Post 627 IP   flag post
Quote:

I found that one interesting but could not find any comparable sales.

Cool book!

There were 2 comparable sales within past 12 months
Post 628 IP   flag post
@X51 nice, didn’t know some of that!
Post 629 IP   flag post
Quote:
@X51 nice, didn’t know some of that!

I don't buy new comics, so I soak in stuff like that to still stay connected to comics.
I just discovered that Max Gaines may have had a connection to the Picture News title. I happen to own one.

The company quit publishing comics shortly after he died.
Post 630 IP   flag post
598065 999 30