Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Respectfully, I would tend to disagree. The amount of children with iPhones astounds me. Kids with 2000$ laptops etc...

I think that it would be more fair to say that our generation is more apt to purchase comics because of sentimental reasons rather than disposable income.

If ole Gordon was terrifying, what would Barney the dinosaur be? I shudder to even think of words to describe it....
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@poka I would say your PC is shaping up nicely

I have a shopping list of 1500 titles

You'll have to think about sharing that list. Some of us may be able to fill a few of those holes.

I am sure but for most of them I am buying on auctions at below GPA
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Quote:
@poka I would say your PC is shaping up nicely

I have a shopping list of 1500 titles

You'll have to think about sharing that list. Some of us may be able to fill a few of those holes.

I am sure but for most of them I am buying on auctions at below GPA
I used to think like that too...buying below GPA is a win everytime, then I began to study it closer at least for cgc slabbed books. It dawned on me that slab Thor 150 that
showed selling at a ninety day average of 250 for a 9.4 that I won for 200 might be mistake ….because once mine I just bought is factored in and you add the price I paid into the average it drops the average value of that book...suppose you manage to drop the average by twenty dollars then once you pay shipping and any other relateds you are actually behind once you land the comic.If it is a comic that seldom changes hands or seldom sells slabbed in that grade it may sit until your purchase is the last recorded sale and is the determiner for its average value and can drop to your paid price....if the next person does sell one in that grade without checking where its at in the next highest and lowest grade, and uses your purchase as his guide and undersells the current market the book will continue dropping.....so hopefully he will see it sells for more in lower grades and raise the price , but not everyone thinks to do that.

Realizing that makes me very cautious using GPA as a guide for buying slabs ….but its a lot of help on raw books which oddly it was never intended to be used for. I am sure using GPA would be great for selling though...
Post 553 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town I always consider the books I purchase below GPA to be an abberation. I will not sell them at that price and it is not likely that anyone else will either.

In time the cream will rise to the top and prices will go back where they were before my purchase.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Sadly that isn't always the case.Some sellers appear to take the most current sale price or ninety days average and run with it...true enough cream does eventually rise to the top but it depends if you are in a place where you can sit and watch the cup till it does.Depending the rate a book sells at and it's scarcity you may be waiting months or years
Post 555 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Sadly that isn't always the case.Some sellers appear to take the most current sale price or ninety days average and run with it...true enough cream does eventually rise to the top but it depends if you are in a place where you can sit and watch the cup till it does.Depwnding the rate a book sells at as ND it's scarcity you may be waiting months or years

Patience is the key to getting the most out of your books when selling them.
Post 556 IP   flag post
It's one of many keys .....buying books smart is always the best weapon if your goal is flipping.
Post 557 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town understand your logic but regardless of what - if a comic is on my list I am gonna buy. I might not always buy when it is cheapest but buying below GPA is better than buying at or above GPA.

Also not sure whether prices from MCS’s auctions get included in GPA. Don’t think so but I could be wrong.
Post 558 IP   flag post
All of MCs cgc slabs are included once they get paid for remember today include buyers fees to the amount and you will see them
Post 559 IP   flag post
There is a delay but MCS and CC suction sales are included on GPA.
Post 560 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town @drchaos thanks
Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in yesterday.

Post 562 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 563 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Holly crap...actually won this (like 10 minutes ago!!)...will be interesting to see what the shipping is, been a long time since I won from Heritage. Got this for $5 less than a raw VF/VF+ I was looking at (that's $5 less including Heritages insane fees!!!)

Post 564 IP   flag post
@KatKomics if you intent to buy at more HA auctions you can get HA to put a hold notice On your account so you can combine multiple wins from different auctions and reduce shipping cost

Of cause with Canada not sure if it would work if means bigger taxes
Post 565 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Should appreciate this one, us both being collectors of transformers comics.

One of my favorite covers from the series. My personal raw copy is vf/nm at best...so been waiting patiently to find a NM+ in the wild or one to show up on eBay...and for it to be a newsstand is a special bonus.

Post 566 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@KatKomics if you intent to buy at more HA auctions you can get HA to put a hold notice On your account so you can combine multiple wins from different auctions and reduce shipping cost

Of cause with Canada not sure if it would work if means bigger taxes

funny you should mention they will hold books....turns out I had a win in October that they never shipped and I forgot about!!!! Last year I would say Sept though Dec was a whirl wind, normal busy time at work and we had a new manufacturing computer system with lots of bugs (still working it out now!!) so somehow I fogot about this book...they are sending now with my other order

Nothing special about this book, I'm just an avid gardener and liked the cover

Post 567 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in from an auction last week. Pretty happy with the condition.

Post 568 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Not a recent eBay win ($710, 02/18), but one I like to look back on with growing joy LOL
Like my AF15, I lucked out before values started going completely crazy.
Probably the best win of my collection.

Post 569 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Not a recent eBay win ($710, 02/18), but one I like to look back on with growing joy LOL

Prices on that one has gone insane
Post 570 IP   flag post
hopefully it wont begin sliding back now that DC seems to be trimming off that series sadly
Post 571 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

That's a good looking copy, especially at that price! Congratulations!
Post 572 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
hopefully it wont begin sliding back now that DC seems to be trimming off that series sadly

That's the worst part of movie hype and speculation. I have many books on my want list that at the moment can be put off, but once the hype begins, it's a race.
I'm okay with it sliding back down because I want it in my collection, not for its value. If it drops much lower than what I paid, such is life. I can upgrade :d
Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I was on the hunt locally for an Iron Man 128 for a Bob Layton AW Signature, getting a little close to convention time, so I rolled the dice on this book on ebay for $30(US)...I mean, it's an iconic cover.

I see the color breaking spine ticks, I'm hoping the paper at the top on the back is stuck to the tape and not the book, it doesn't appear that there's any tearing. At first, I thought that was a stain at the top right corner, but it looks like a hair stuck to the tape....I think it's just a bunch of crap on the tape making it look worse than it is. Wishful thinking after a press and clean....8.5? (pending the hair...)

Post 574 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
With all the talk online of Free Comic Book Day coming up, I checked in on the Spider-Man 2007 FCBD book that got hot for a little bit last year and was able to snag a nice copy at a lower price...

Hopefully Sony's Jackpot movie sees the light of day...

Post 575 IP   flag post
This one will be a pain to pay for. Seller only accepts wire transfer. Oh well- will deal with that

Post 576 IP   flag post
The slab is a recalled issue I have been trying to get for some time. Today I managed and at a very good price.

Post 577 IP   flag post
@poka I bought a copy of the error variant about a year ago and flipped it in no time flat.

I have been trying to buy another one at the right price with no luck.

I thought about bidding on last night's auction but need to focus on selling for a bit so I sat this one out.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
@poka I bought a copy of the error variant about a year ago and flipped it in no time flat.

I have been trying to buy another one at the right price with no luck.

I thought about bidding on last night's auction but need to focus on selling for a bit so I sat this one out.

The one I bought went $70 below last few sales so not complaining and could probably flip it for a quick profit but for my PC
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this one
Post 580 IP   flag post
615423 999 30