Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

Very cool book.

I passed after looking it over very carefully.

If those creases were a little smaller (or the price was lower) I would have bid on it.

So you say you let me have it and I overpaid! Lol

Maybe I was just too picky about condition and missed out on a great deal.
Post 526 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Good thing we are already at N. This is getting more expensive that I thought it was gonna be

You said it brother!
Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 528 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Very cool book.

I passed after looking it over very carefully.

If those creases were a little smaller (or the price was lower) I would have bid on it.

So you say you let me have it and I overpaid! Lol

Maybe I was just too picky about condition and missed out on a great deal.

As long as price is right - I will take any grade
Post 529 IP   flag post
That's all for tonight

Post 530 IP   flag post

Last ones from me for today

Post 531 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Is that Gil Kane? Wow. I usually don't like his stuff, but that is fantastic. I guess it's just his later work I didn't care much for, because this one is awesome.

Quote:

Post 532 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid yes Gil Kane cover

Post 533 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I pulled the trigger on this one. Love that cover. I've been keeping an eye out for a good copy of this for a couple years now, and I think this fills the bill. It's got restoration, which keeps the price down while still looking good. (Re-glossing.) In the same auction a Fantastic Four #4 at 2.5 sold for almost the same amount, just $18 less, graded, and it looks WAY uglier, with lots of tape on the cover. Even with the resto I think I got a good deal on this one. Even if purple label, it should grade higher than the advertised 4.5 (but I'll let y'all know.)

Post 534 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Bid on this after being a bit rattled that I was outbid on Alf 48, which would've been the holy grail of my collection.

Post 535 IP   flag post
Ok slabs today

Post 536 IP   flag post
Quote:
Ok slabs today

I may have been the under bidder on that one.
Post 537 IP   flag post

Post 538 IP   flag post

Post 539 IP   flag post

Post 540 IP   flag post
Quote:

That's three books you outbid me on.

Congrats on the books.
Post 541 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 542 IP   flag post
Last one for today

Post 543 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Ok slabs today

I may have been the under bidder on that one.

Still had some room as it is for my PC, not for re-sale.
Post 544 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That's three books you outbid me on.

Congrats on the books.

🤭 sorry. For my PC so was able to go higher than you.
Post 545 IP   flag post
@poka I would say your PC is shaping up nicely
Post 546 IP   flag post
Quote:

I have a shopping list of 1500 titles
Post 547 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Bid on this after being a bit rattled that I was outbid on Alf 48, which would've been the holy grail of my collection.

I was really surprised how high those Alfs went for. But I'm glad to see Akira getting some love. I've got a couple of those in a long box somewhere, bought off the rack back in the day. I'll have to get 'em graded, it seems.
Post 548 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You'll have to think about sharing that list. Some of us may be able to fill a few of those holes.
Post 549 IP   flag post
I think it's mostly the generation that grew up in the 80s and possibly early 90s that now have money to spend on comics. I was willing to pay up to $160 for a 9.2. Anyone younger than 30 probably has no idea who Gordon Shumway even is and would find him terrifying. With a live action movie announced I'm not sure when Akira 1's price will climax.
Post 550 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Respectfully, I would tend to disagree. The amount of children with iPhones astounds me. Kids with 2000$ laptops etc...

I think that it would be more fair to say that our generation is more apt to purchase comics because of sentimental reasons rather than disposable income.

If ole Gordon was terrifying, what would Barney the dinosaur be? I shudder to even think of words to describe it....
Post 551 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Quote:

You'll have to think about sharing that list. Some of us may be able to fill a few of those holes.

I am sure but for most of them I am buying on auctions at below GPA
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Quote:

I am sure but for most of them I am buying on auctions at below GPA
I used to think like that too...buying below GPA is a win everytime, then I began to study it closer at least for cgc slabbed books. It dawned on me that slab Thor 150 that
showed selling at a ninety day average of 250 for a 9.4 that I won for 200 might be mistake ….because once mine I just bought is factored in and you add the price I paid into the average it drops the average value of that book...suppose you manage to drop the average by twenty dollars then once you pay shipping and any other relateds you are actually behind once you land the comic.If it is a comic that seldom changes hands or seldom sells slabbed in that grade it may sit until your purchase is the last recorded sale and is the determiner for its average value and can drop to your paid price....if the next person does sell one in that grade without checking where its at in the next highest and lowest grade, and uses your purchase as his guide and undersells the current market the book will continue dropping.....so hopefully he will see it sells for more in lower grades and raise the price , but not everyone thinks to do that.

Realizing that makes me very cautious using GPA as a guide for buying slabs ….but its a lot of help on raw books which oddly it was never intended to be used for. I am sure using GPA would be great for selling though...
Post 553 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I always consider the books I purchase below GPA to be an abberation. I will not sell them at that price and it is not likely that anyone else will either.

In time the cream will rise to the top and prices will go back where they were before my purchase.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly that isn't always the case.Some sellers appear to take the most current sale price or ninety days average and run with it...true enough cream does eventually rise to the top but it depends if you are in a place where you can sit and watch the cup till it does.Depending the rate a book sells at and it's scarcity you may be waiting months or years
Post 555 IP   flag post
601490 999 30