Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! Just won another grail!

Post 301 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Wow! Just won another grail!

HUGE!!!!! Congrats man!!!
Post 302 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Thanks!

I was surprised I got it.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Grabbed two more books:

Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Recently won these two.

Post 305 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
more in the mail today!! because of the Canada Post strike I had forgotten I won these back on Nov 18th!!
$21 for all 4 with description of Approx VF to VF/NM...thinking more F to VF

Issue 78 appears to have some tape pull or something lifting some of the type on the back cover and although all pages are off white to white(OWL 8) except that the covers have some tanning (OWL 5 around the edges interior and exterior).
Still not bad I think...

This was the original non-zoomable photo!

Actual books are decent certainly worth the $21

just something in the 'Plan to help others' paragraph, Ouch - also looks worse with scan than with naked eyes

Post 306 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 307 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 308 IP   flag post
Last one for tonight:

Post 309 IP   flag post
Having a fantastic day!

Post 310 IP   flag post
More winnings:

Post 311 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - Better crop that Millie slab.
Post 312 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@drchaos - Better crop that Millie slab.

It wsn't PGX it was some other company but I deleted it anyway.

That is all the winnings for tonight.
Post 313 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - PGX was originally called CGG.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@drchaos - PGX was originally called CGG.

The label looked similar but I initially thought it said CGC.

Perhaps they were sued or otherwise pressured to change it given the similarity.
Post 315 IP   flag post
Tonight's winnings:

Post 316 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Frank Frazetta Art!

Post 317 IP   flag post

Post 318 IP   flag post

Post 319 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user

This arrived yesterday. I'm happy.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 321 IP   flag post

Post 322 IP   flag post

Post 323 IP   flag post

Post 324 IP   flag post

That's all for tonight.
Post 325 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
And this one

Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Snagged this lot for a best offer of $25...was going after #118 1st appearance of James Rhodes. Hoping it's good enough after a clean and press to get AW signed by Bob Layton at NFCC.

Also had #172 in the lot, but wasn't pictured...
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Won this Elias Chatzoudis art book with artist sketch on the back.

Post 328 IP   flag post
Missed about half of the auction while I was out watching Aquaman and Bumblebee.

Here are my winnings for tonight:

Post 329 IP   flag post
Last two:

Post 330 IP   flag post
600788 999 30