Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em5845

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em

I bid on several books and went as high as $6,500 one one of the books I lost out on but only came away with one win for today:

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
That's a nice book. Don't think I have ever seen one for sale before.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
That's a nice book. Don't think I have ever seen one for sale before.

It is the only copy on the CGC census in any grade.

I was willing to go much higher than I did.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Swifty private msg quote post Address this user
Got this
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I had other things on my mind so forgot to bid. Oh well another chance tmr
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Auction Wins Post Em If You Got Em

I bid on several books and went as high as $6,500 one one of the books I lost out on but only came away with one win for today:

Thought I saw a #1 in there yesterday...was that on your short list?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I have never won an auction.. Always sniped at the end .. Now I only purchase buy it now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Watcher No, but I did bid on the Archie # 43 9.0.

Archie # 1 is out of my price range at the moment.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Watcher No, but I did bid on the Archie # 43 9.0.

Archie # 1 is out of my price range at the moment.

Not to bathe in your limitations, but it's nice to see someone else has a "price range" on here

I must check off 40 books in these auctions and then reality sets in and i'm left choosing scraps..but man would I love to pick up a ToS 39 5.0 , a Captain A. 3 any grade, hulk 1 4.0 or a nice early detective joker cover mid grade ....I should get a job .

But on a serious note: that's a sweet book you grabbed
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Watcher Thanks, I appreciate the thumbs up.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I won most of the golden age EC Horror books that were on auction this past Sunday night. Except Tales from the Crypt #21(#2) darn it. That one spike bid way too high. Someone paid way too much for that one. All in all, I got 22 books that costed me a small fortune. Can't wait to get them in hand.

I'll post photos next week after I've worked on them.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
I won this one last week

Post 12 IP   flag post
@Helric1 Way cool! Good for you!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I lost out on all of the books I bid on today.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I win about 1 in 10. Usually sells for $1 more than my highest bid, no matter how high it seems
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
My recent auction win.

Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Won this last week. Should arrive Saturday.

Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
Ok. Got two. This one was a steal - cannot believe I got it for the price

Post 19 IP   flag post
This one was FMV. One more grail off the list!

Post 20 IP   flag post

Won 3 to my amazement. Usually avoid weekend auctions as prices are higher on weekends in my experience.
Post 21 IP   flag post

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I let up on that FF112 @drchaos, since I just got a 5.5 recently. You did well on it! Was wondering what the top bidder (turns out to be you) was willing to pay....
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
I let up on that FF112 @drchaos, since I just got a 5.5 recently. You did well on it! Was wondering what the top bidder (turns out to be you) was willing to pay....

I wanted to get it for less than $60 so I have room to make a profit.

I lost out on the JIM and the X-Men 33 because I was a bit conservative with my bids.

Going in I knew I was getting a good deal on the combined shipping so I was also able to scoop up a few other less expensive books as well.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Nice!
Post 25 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
You got that #1. Let me know when you take a break so I don’t bid against you. I didn’t this time. No need to drive your price up.
I got this instead. Almost done with the few treasuries I think are worthy
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had a lot of competition on that #1. Tonight is the first appearance of cryptkeeper in Haunt of Fear.
I will bid very aggressively on that one.

btw I have that MA vs Supers in treasury edition size, signed by Neal Adams at ECCC.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
fresh off the front porch...

Post 29 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The mailman delivered these today. Couldn't help myself with the Steranko cover, and when the seller said he would combine shipping, I had to bid on something else. So I bid on the two Catwoman issues (I will probably flip those, so if anyone is interested let me know).

Post 30 IP   flag post
600864 999 30