Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Odds and Ends Sale5808

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
alien legion and phantom stranger
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@donho - Thanks, they are yours. I will send you a PM later this evening.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A few more; two high grade runs of the Shadow. The first is the 1987 DC series with some all-time great covers by Sienkiewicz, Rogers, and Baker. Includes issues #’s 1-9, all should grade at least VF/NM with most higher. $40 for all 9 issues.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Here’s a few more of the Shadow. Issues #1, 3, and 4 of DC’s limited series from 1986 (how did I miss #2?); and the first issue of the 1987 Annual. Great Chaykin covers on all of them and again all will grade VF/NM or higher. All four for $16.

Post 29 IP   flag post
How about Strange Adventures featuring Adam Strange. These four books present nicely, but the collector I purchased them from had the bad habit of writing his purchase dates in ink on the bottom of the insides of the back covers. I have issues #220, 223, 224, and 225. I guess I would say VG for condition, but they look better than that (and a pair of outstanding Joe Kubert covers too). $15 for the four issues.

Beautiful cover with almost a Golden Age look to it.

Funny, I don’t remember this battle.

Never give a suped-up super vacuum to a blockhead.

Perhaps the inspiration for a scene from Independence Day?
Post 30 IP   flag post

That’s all I am going to post today. I could add some Marvel westerns tomorrow evening. If anyone would be interested in those, let me know. I could also post some romance comics, and have thought about posting some low grade (0.5-1.5] readers that have major issues that I would “give” away for shipping costs. Any ideas?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Okay, Kaptain, do you like Adams? How about a run of the Phantom Stranger with some classic Neal Adams covers? To misquote Matt Damon, “How do you like them Adams?”

Here are issues #’s 14 through 18. I’d put them in the VG range with a few in the VG/FN range. First $35 takes the lot.

SOLD!

Neal Adams version of the Swamp Thing?

Would you believe Brother Voodoo?

Old Man Xavier?

Drivin’ that train,...

What’s Kraken?

I'd jump on these if money wasn't tight at the moment.

The tax man hit us extra hard this year.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Glad they went to a good home.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@00slim - Sorry you missed out on those, Ryan. If there is something you are looking for, just let me know. I can always work out a trade or something that will work for both of us.
Post 34 IP   flag post
How about a slab? I'm asking $99 for this one, but I will also need $15 for shipping and insurance.

Post 35 IP   flag post
are the adam stranges still available?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Yes, they are Don. I mailed your other books earlier today. Do you want me to hold the Strange Adventures and see if I post anything else you might be interested in?
Post 37 IP   flag post
yes. and see if I can be early enough to find other good books from you and depending on the readers maybe those too
Post 38 IP   flag post
Are there any Western fans out there? Here are: Outlaw Kid #4 and #6; Ringo Kid #7; Two-Gun Kid #95 and #98; and Kid Colt Outlaw #151 and #153. Most issue will grade in the VG/FN range or better, except for #95 which has a top staple pull and will grade lower. Asking $35 for this lot.

Free bonus issue - a beat-up copy of Bonanza #26.

Post 39 IP   flag post
Elektra Assassin - No.’s 1 through 5, all VF/NM or better for $20.

Post 40 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Are there any Western fans out there? Here are: Outlaw Kid #4 and #6; Ringo Kid #7; Two-Gun Kid #95 and #98; and Kid Colt Outlaw #151 and #153. Most issue will grade in the VG/FN range or better, except for #95 which has a top staple pull and will grade lower. Asking $35 for this lot.

Free bonus issue - a beat-up copy of Bonanza #26.

Yes sirrree Western fan here.

Really cool books Ed! Finished off my Jonah Hex Run a few years ago. Seems I always have a lot of "Irons in the Coal", but I always thought about picking up a few of the Kid Colt Outlaw books.
The Herb Trimpe cover is beautiful classic work!
Post 41 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 - Hey, John, what’s up? If you want to see Classic westerns, here’s three you don’t see everyday: Rawhide Kid #4, and Outlaw Kid #7 & #8. They are not for sale, but I would listen to serious offers.

Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Loved the westerns when I was a kid- along with Batman and Captain America
Post 43 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 - Hey, John, what’s up? If you want to see Classic westerns, here’s three you don’t see everyday: Rawhide Kid #4, and Outlaw Kid #7 & #8. They are not for sale, but I would listen to serious offers.

Ed
That Rawhide Kid #4 is Friggin AWESOME! The Russ Heath Cover just ooozz's with that nostalgic fifties western feel. I would be out of my league on a book like that as far as cost and such. It appears to be in pretty nice condition as well.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Star Hunters #’s 1-6; #1 and #2 are around FN, the rest are VF or better. $15

Post 45 IP   flag post
Good girl art covers by Bill Black and Paul Gulacy. Black Diamond #’s 1-4 in VF/NM or better for $12.

Post 46 IP   flag post
Ka-Zar (first series) #1 (about VG/FN - 5” crease back cover) and #3 (VF) - both for $25.

Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, the infamous F**K cover. Surprised this is still here.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

Obviously it’s just plants.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm missing something. Where's the controversy?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Quote:

I'm missing something. Where's the controversy?

Look next to the palm tree above the back of the tiger. See anything?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Ah, ok. Thanks, @DavidM. 👍🏼
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Oh I agree, but some feel it was intentional, so the extra attention has made it slightly desirable for those who would be otherwise uninterested.

EDIT: This is from my book, not esaravo's. Ignore the spine tic

Post 53 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS - What could I post here that you’d be interested in? I thought you might want the Shadows. Are there any Kirby-done books or covers you are looking for? Old DC reader copies of something? Weird, short run series that most collectors have forgotten about (Rima, Arion, Shade, Aarak, Black Magic, Prez, etc.)

PS - Did you figure out what page Royer inked for BWS? I looked through my Marvel Treasury Edition #15 and maybe page 17 (Sonya’s face and hair) looked a little different.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Star Spangled War numbers: 152 (GD), 155 (G/VG - oxidation), and 183 (VG/FN); and Our Fighting Forces #124 (VG) for $10.

Post 55 IP   flag post
600879 60 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?