Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Claremont Sig Suggestions?5807

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine is going to a Con in April. Claremont is doing free sigs there & he offered to get one of my books signed for me.

My Wolverine 1 (Limited) is 9.0-9.2.

My Wolverine 1 (Vol. 2) is at least a 9.4.

And my X-Men 129 is about a 7.0 (just never got around to an upgrade).

I'm leaning toward the Kitty Pryde book simply because it's lower grade and the sig would add to its desirability.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Have him sign it all if its free. When I met him he has no limit on the amount of books. I had him sign my Wolverine 1-8. He will chat with you for as long as you will listen, lol.

I got him to sign my Wolverine #6 and then had McFarlane sign his sketch on the back cover. I love it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
the lines are super long. bring a cot or chair
Post 3 IP   flag post
The limit listed is two books & an undisclosed charge for additional sigs.

I figure one for my friend & one for me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Ya at the con I met him, 2 books free and then $5 each additional. But if you chat him up he said nevermind it's free. Give him lots of compliments.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cool. 👍🏼
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I had a booth right next to Claremont at the Asbury Park Comic Con , back when Rob Bruce was running that show.IOW, before he and his former partner Cliff (forget his last name), but Bruce knew how to run good shows.

Sucks that Bruce is no longer running shows.

Anyway. ..at that 2 day show, Claremont left his personal notebook on the floor behind his table.

It takes me forever to pack up for shows, at the end of the day.

I found Claremount's journal...One of these sorts of books, which was filled with Claremont writings, notes etc.

https://www.dollartree.com/Composition-Notebooks-100-Pages/p312157/index.pro?cm_mmc=Product+Feeds-_-Google-_-n%2Fa-_-20585&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5qWXxK752QIVCYnICh1ZpghFEAQYASABEgKbMPD_BwE

He was visibly frantic when he got to his booth on the next day, went looking for his journal right away. I dug it out of my backpack and handed it to him, told him he left it on the floor.

He was very relieved, I joked with him that I probably could have gotten a few grand for his journal.

He laughed, thanked me again and I got back to setting up my wall.

Long story short, Claremount is a Hell of a nice guy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Far as the book to have him signed...toss up between which book will press out higher after it's signed.

I never had him sign any books, I had only just got back into comics for a few months back than, and didn't have books prepped for stabbing and/or signing at that show.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I would do Wolverine vol. 2
If you had plans to get Wolverine vol. 1 signed later down the road by Frank Miller or Joe Rubinstein, if not both I would go with vol. 1.

Joe is fun to talk to and if you have your vol. 1 signed he will share with you a little trivia in which after he will swear you to secrecy.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm gonna go ahead and send a few bucks along & have all three signed. If he decides to waive the fees, cool. If not, an extra $10 is worth it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597993 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?