Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Misprinted Comic5766

Collector BeauMershon private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a variant issue of Infinity Countdown #1 this past week, but when I got home I noticed that the cover was bound upside down and there are pages that weren't bound in the book. Is this a mistake that could make it more valuable? Is it worth getting graded?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
YES! IT IS SUPER RARE! DON't let HUMIDITY get in to with, flip the pages with a tweezer if you need to read it.. also, I think you can get like $80 for the super duper rare staples that didn't bound the comic.. lol

Post 2 IP   flag post
thank you for the reply. I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not though lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
Its the Infinity Countdown #1 Cover F Variant Ron Lim Wraparound Cover (Marvel Legacy Tie-In) btw
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Printing and binding errors are typically deemed to be an undesirable defect.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ah ok, so probably not worth it
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, if there are pages mossing,it will get a point-five grade. Production error or not.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
This reminds me of an x-factor book I once had that had an extra piece of paper on the top right corner of every page connecting pg. 1 to pg.2, pg. 3 to pg. 4 and so on.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user
That type of production goof is frowned upon, but double covers are not. Why is that?

I thought i saw somewhere double covers are desirable.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Double covers are more desirable. It preserves the inner.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user
Ah. Well that kind of makes sense, but it still boils down to production defect, no?
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Not only is the inside cover protected, Double Covers just F'ing rock!
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Not only is the inside cover protected, Double Covers just F'ing rock!

I own a couple of double covers, but never submitted one for grading until about 5 months ago (make sure you note double cover on your invoice). Got it back last Friday. Both covers get a grade and the book receives the highest grade listed.

Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s my oldest double cover.

Post 14 IP   flag post
The strangest misprinted comic I own has a Wolverine cover, but a Ghost Rider story inside. I bought it graded at an auction.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo what?! Lol wolvie w/gr guts!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineJoe
@esaravo what?! Lol wolvie w/gr guts!

Pretty strange. I got it fairly cheap (in my opinion) at an auction a few years ago because I think no one read the description and just thought it was an 8.5 Wolverine #25. Not sure what it’s worth, but I think it’s pretty unique. The only thing I own that’s close to this is my copy of the Superman vs Ali Treasury-sized comic. That book repeats several wraps at the center.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I have 3 double covers books (ASM 148 CGC 9.6 W, Longshot 1, and Powerman 24 1st Bill Foster as Goliath), all 3 discovered after the purchase. I dont think I own any others kind of 'defect' besides bindery.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineJoe
This reminds me of an x-factor book I once had that had an extra piece of paper on the top right corner of every page connecting pg. 1 to pg.2, pg. 3 to pg. 4 and so on.

Siamese pages! I’ve owned a few of those, its a tough grade hit if someone rips them apart as well.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I got a triple cover wonder woman 180 on the way brahs

it's got a old lady's grocery list on the inside inside back cover!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
What's that I see?💵💰💸.... oh more mula flying away. Now I gotta find me a double cover comic book! Lol😎
Post 21 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
The strangest misprinted comic I own has a Wolverine cover, but a Ghost Rider story inside. I bought it graded at an auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
FYI, if there are pages missing, it will get a point-five grade. Production error or not.

So technically, this book should have gotten a 0.5.
Post 22 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
The story inside is complete.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
In all my years of purchasing comics (since 1966, maybe), I don't think I ever bought a book with a double cover,so, IMO, they must be pretty rare out there.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieCPA4646
In all my years of purchasing comics (since 1966, maybe), I don't think I ever bought a book with a double cover,so, IMO, they must be pretty rare out there.

i was thinking the same thing..buying since mid 70's....but then again, I stopped reading them yrs ago so maybe I have 100 double covers and wrong storylines
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a Hulk #191 (I think) off the newsstand with a double cover. I think it had Glorian & the Shaper in it.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:

But the all the pages are missing of said cover. Chicken/egg concept I guess.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

But the all the pages are missing of said cover. Chicken/egg concept I guess.

Well, the grade label is totally wrong. That isn't a Wolverine comic with Ghost Rider guts; it's a Ghost Rider comic with a Wolverine cover. The guts IS the comic. Or, are the comic. Whatever. Point is, the cover just advertises what's inside.

I'm really surprised CBCS made such an error. I wonder if they still do it that way.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few double covers. This is my oldest one. And it is a pedigree copy.

Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The only error I own (that I'm aware of) is a copy of Witchblade vs The Darkness 1/2 where the centerfold was incredibly off center and miscut, exposing the registration marks and losing nearly a page of the story

Post 30 IP   flag post
601466 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?