Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Grade my Nick Fury #6x2- one to be signed?5762

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ok...I have 2 Nick Fury #6's both with their own flaws. Will have one (maybe both) signed by Steranko in June.

I kind of put these both in the 7 to 7.5 range, just wondering if there is a clear better book to get graded? If not I may do both and sell the lower grade.

Love this cover - really dislike black covers though

Sample A front
Don't like the miswrap but it was produced this way - odd staple placing, you'll see on the back
Spine ticks, bottom edge stress, top edge dent? above agent, non colour breaking bends bottom left and right - press will fix

Sample A Back
Something weird going on top right (press out?) and bottom left crease (press help but no fix?)

Sample B Front
Spine ticks, small tear? above 'N' , faintest of faint creases bottom right (3inches)

Sample B back
no real issues here

Post 1 IP   flag post
Hellooooo anyone???
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Josh - From your pics, I am not seeing a whole lot of difference between them (although the top copy seems less yellowed). So I would either get both signed with a witness and submit them for yellow labels (keep the higher grade, sell the other), or if you want something with a higher grade, time to start searching for it.
PS - I love the Steranko Nick Fury covers. So far I have #’s 1, 2, 6, & 7.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Josh - From your pics, I am not seeing a whole lot of difference between them (although the top copy seems less yellowed). So I would either get both signed with a witness and submit them for yellow labels (keep the higher grade, sell the other), or if you want something with a higher grade, time to start searching for it.
PS - I love the Steranko Nick Fury covers. So far I have #’s 1, 2, 6, & 7.

Thanks - I kind of figured - just wanted a 2nd set of eyes

There is a convention this weekend so I'll keep my eyes open for a better copy but I'm fairly happy with these.

I think I'll take your advice and just get both signed/press/clean and see what falls out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
What’s the significance of #6?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
What’s the significance of #6?

Just an all time classic cover and by Steranko to boot!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
It's a Wally Wood cover swipe.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Steranko did the covers and interior artwork for Nick Fury Agent of Shield #’s 1-7. He said that the cover to #6 was a tribute to the EC Science Fiction covers done by Wally Wood in the 1950’s. Here’s my CBCS graded copy of #6 (thanks RC!) which states that.

Then, in 1989, Superman #28 did a tribute to Steranko’s cover.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Josh, if you need another comic for Steranko to sign, I have a copy of Strange Tales #153 (in about the same condition as your #6). Both the cover and interior art are by Steranko (with Kirby layouts).

Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
It's a Wally Wood cover swipe.

No no..not a swipe..a tribute to the style

Apparently even offered Wood to do the inks but things didn't work out and later Wood agreed that he should have done them.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I stand corrected
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:

Then, in 1989, Superman #28 did a tribute to Steranko’s cover.

Forgot about this cover....I actually have this!! was reading these at the time!! might have to pull it and have a look at the condition!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Josh, if you need another comic for Steranko to sign, I have a copy of Strange Tales #153 (in about the same condition as your #6). Both the cover and interior art are by Steranko (with Kirby layouts).

I think I'm tapped for Steranko books to get signed - going to cost a small fortune that weekend.

Fury 6 and 7 (maybe 2 of each) Captain America 111, Blade Runner, possibly Green Hornet #1(Now comics 1980/90's) and one print from the 1973 ACBA portfolio

Those and 2 or 3 Neal Adams books and possibly an original piece of art from Steranko are pretty much going to do my budget for the year
Post 13 IP   flag post
597868 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?