Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Lewdog private msg quote post Address this user
I am about to get 20+ books signature witnessed then graded at a show this coming week. Any ideas how many books it takes to get a bulk discount? What kind of discount do they give?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in 104 books in December; that's a fairly "bulk" number of books. The only "discount" I get is the $2 off for purchasing a Silver level membership.

I think if you were doing a big order, like Dynamic Forces doing a "limited series" with 3,500 books or so, they'd probably work something out; but that is still a guesstimate on my part.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Lewdog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
I sent in 104 books in December; that's a fairly "bulk" number of books. The only "discount" I get is the $2 off for purchasing a Silver level membership.

I think if you were doing a big order, like Dynamic Forces doing a "limited series" with 3,500 books or so, they'd probably work something out; but that is still a guesstimate on my part.

Gotcha. Yeah I'm doing nothing like that... I just see on the price page it says to call about discounts on bulk orders. I just thought I might ask here first.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in 1,293 books. Before my submission I was told that I was not even close to the amount of books needed to get a bulk discount from regular dealer rates.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Yours is bigger. You win.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I thought a 50 book order would get a small discount (maybe $1 per book).

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I sent in 1,293 books. Before my submission I was told that I was not even close to the amount of books needed to get a bulk discount from regular dealer rates.

FFS!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

If you're subbing in 50 books at a time, chances are you have a CBCS account with a pricing discount already in place.

Add onto that, if you're subbing 50 books at a time, you are going to sub them regardless of whether you save an other $1 per book.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

If you're subbing in 50 books at a time, chances are you have a CBCS account with a pricing discount already in place.

Add onto that, if you're subbing 50 books at a time, you are going to sub them regardless of whether you save an other $1 per book.

True but might slab them with CGC instead. Makes sense not to give a discount when they are so far behind with their TAT, but if they were up to speed one would think that spending 25k would entitle you to a small discount
Post 9 IP   flag post
601329 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?