PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@martymann nice. I wouldn't know how to price any of my odd stuff. Lol

Try checking on Nostomania.

Marty
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user

Probably this guy, if it grades anything above a 9.0 its $3,000+.

Otherwise its this guy - one in same grade sold at Heritage for $2,031

Still waiting to be able to afford anything higher than these (and I spent under $500 combined for these - bought before Flash TV show and the TOT was poorly listed on eBay many years ago and I took a gamble on it that obviously paid off).
Post 27 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The guide has this at a little over $9300.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
X51 says : "I don't own more expensive comics because I'm cheap".

I don't own more expensive comics because I am impecunious.

This is probably the most expensive one I own even though I have no idea of its value. It has to be unique though as it's a Canadian issue with a UK price sticker

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
My Crown Jewel

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
First comic I ever bought w/ my dad.

Market Value: $5

Personal Value: If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Post 31 IP   flag post
1936 More Fun Comics #14. This the top graded copy in the CGC Census. FROM THE COLLECTION OF RUBEN BLADES (W/COA). Superman prototype; 1st Dr. Occult in costume. CGC 8.5 Apparent. Value at 6.0 is $6000 and $16,000 in 8.0 condition. I'm not sure what I could get for this???

Just in case you don't remember him, Ruben Blades is currently in Fear the Walking Dead.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
First comic I ever bought w/ my dad.

Market Value: $5

Personal Value: If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Right on!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

This one I'm sure.
Post 34 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Probably this #1 1940 in NM condition.
Headed to grading soon.
Post 35 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Just landed this one recently...

Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
My Crown Jewel

I have the same book in the same grade.
I also have 2 of these (1 CBCS, 1 CGC);

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user

Either one of these. And the dark knight depending on if you think signatures increases value
Post 38 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I've owned this copy since 2013 and finally got around to having it encapsulated just last year. The label states "1 piece of tape on interior cover". To be more accurate - there is a 1" strip of archival tape inside back cover at the bottom center. I don't know what grade hit it may have taken, and I have absolutely no idea what it would sell for today.

The pic is a bit dark

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Tough call, i can think of a 'Top 5', but i think if i consigned this one to a Heritage Auction, this could be in the running for top dollar from my collection
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
X52 says : "I don't own more expensive comics because I'm cheap".

I don't own more expensive comics because I am impecunious.

This is probably the most expensive one I own even though I have no idea of its value. It has to be unique though as it's a Canadian issue with a UK price sticker

Quite often, monetary habits and practices determine what you can afford. If I wasn't a collector I'd actively flip lower dollar stuff for higher dollar stuff. Most of the comics I own have a story that goes along with the acquisition.

The most I've ever spent on a comic was for this. It was $600. I saw it at a show. I wanted it. I drove 20 miles across town to get back home. I picked up a short box of comics. I drove 10 miles to a comic shop and sold the short box of comics for $600. I drove 30 miles back to the show and bought the comic in the last hour before it closed. Even though it was a cash purchase, it had no impact on my budget or living expenses.

Post 41 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user

or maybe this one

Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
This one’s not a single issue but it’s probably worth a bob or two

Post 43 IP   flag post
Some truly incredible books on display here!

Marty
Post 44 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe be this one.
This is the only minty copy I have seen of this book from 1935. Not sure the true value.

Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
this one currently being graded, but i fear it won't grade very high...
Post 46 IP   flag post
@rejaak ...WELCOME!

Marty
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I've owned this copy since 2013 and finally got around to having it encapsulated just last year. The label states "1 piece of tape on interior cover". To be more accurate - there is a 1" strip of archival tape inside back cover at the bottom center. I don't know what grade hit it may have taken, and I have absolutely no idea what it would sell for today.

The pic is a bit dark

I thought the tape stuff was redefined? It had no bearing outside of what the book would have graded if the tape were not there IF the tape was used to manage a defect. Otherwise, it just takes a hit like any defect would . I have the same book with the same grade and a piece of tape on back cover that some fool wrote his name on (at least he didn't write his name directly on the cover)
Post 48 IP   flag post
@Watcher how much would a one inch piece of tape on a back cover reduce a grade? It's not used to repair anything just stuck on there back in 1950. Will they subtract.5, 1.0, 2.0...etc. What's the norm?
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Watcher how much would a one inch piece of tape on a back cover reduce a grade? It's not used to repair anything just stuck on there back in 1950. Will they subtract.5, 1.0, 2.0...etc. What's the norm?
There is no standard downgrade for tape. It depends on how much tape there is, if it's caused any staining and to what degree.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Tough call, i can think of a 'Top 5', but i think if i consigned this one to a Heritage Auction, this could be in the running for top dollar from my collection
I've thought about collecting Pep and Zip classic covers but, man, the cost now! Awesome book!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
There is no standard downgrade for tape. It depends on how much tape there is, if it's caused any staining and to what degree.
My understanding is that it goes straight to 5.5 regardless of how nice it is. If the tape is actually fixing something then it goes down from there depending on what it is fixing. The book is graded like the defect exists without the tape. So, a detached cover, fixed with tape, can take it down to a 3 or even lower.
Post 52 IP   flag post

Runner up is my All Select #1
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Badger Very nice!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Still sealed in the plastic with the trading card = priceless.

Post 55 IP   flag post
600892 137 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?