Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPQuestions

When should i contact customer service5677

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
How long should I give CBCS until I get worried about submissions? Got a several dozen books and artwork submitted at a con on February 18th, 19th, and the 20th. And still nothing on my order history yet. Any advice and personal experiences would be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
How long should I give CBCS until I get worried about submissions? Got a several dozen books and artwork submitted at a con on February 18th, 19th, and the 20th. And still nothing on my order history yet. Any advice and personal experiences would be appreciated.

If makes you feel better - can give them a quick call to confirm - but what you describe is pretty normal.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
I call them almost every day. Great customer service and will set your mind at ease...
Post 3 IP   flag post
thanks. just a bit afraid that all the work I put into the books and commissions and such were in the wind.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@donho When you submit at a con the handwritten forms take longer to in-process but once they’re in the order is back-dated to the Tuesday after the show, so you’d use that date to calculate roughly how much longer your books will be away.

Since you filled out a paper form, you would need to make sure all the information matches your account for it to appear on your acxount. One hint would be to skip the paper forms they provide at the show and instead submit the order online, which automatically adds the order to tour account, print the invoice and bring it with you to the show. You may need to do a few corrections/updates at the show (like the dates you got certain signatures) but it makes for a much quicker experience at the booth and avoids a possible human input error when they in-process the information
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering how do you know he filed out a Paper form? I was at the same show (LBCE) and did it online...
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
They are still entering orders from shows 3 weekends back. They're just not caught up with your show yet. All books from conventions are in our vault waiting to be processed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@VCBE I assumed because he said he's not seeing anything on his order history yet. Submitting the order online automatically adds it to your order history. Sure he could've meant that his order history hasn't updated but it would've been a strange way to word it. Combined with that fact that he's asking for personal experiences from others indicates he might not be very experienced with submitting books with CBCS and so is more likely to have used the resources available at the show.

Sure, I could be wrong, but it wasn't an unfounded assumption and the advice is sound, regardless.
Post 8 IP   flag post
still not too experienced is true. and I submitted at the con itself.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Last time I subbed a book at a con to CBCS was over a bit over a year ago; VA Comic Con towards the end of 2016.

Single silver age book, had it quick streamed with whatever tier maxes out at $200.TAT was like a month but I got it backed stabbed in about half that projected (per invoice) time.

Paid for regular FedEx shipping.

I got the book back from CBCS in less than 2 weeks from the day I handed the book in at the con.

It sounds like CBCS is slammed right now with a high volume of subs from regular mail ins and multiple con subs.

I wouldn't worry about it, personally.

Your books are in good hands.👍
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
They are still entering orders from shows 3 weekends back. They're just not caught up with your show yet. All books from conventions are in our vault waiting to be processed.

Opening for my question. I always wondered. How big is your safe actually?
Post 11 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Like a NY studio apartment.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Opening for my question. I always wondered. How big is your safe actually?

Funny thing when I first replied, I called it a "safe." That word doesn't do it justice. It's a vault. I went back and edited it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Like a NY studio apartment.

Pretty much.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts
Post 15 IP   flag post
597883 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?