Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze Age

WTB: Adventure Into Fear 19 (Raw 9.4)5655

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone here have a NM Adventure Into Fear #19 for sale?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Bump. Anyone?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Highly doubt that anyone who has a raw 9.4 copy of this book who is a member of a third party graded comic forum would not prefer to sell it after it is stabbed and pressed.

It is too big of a key to let go without having it slabbed, in 9.4...that would be leaving hundreds of dollars on the table.

You would be able to land a raw 8.0 , maybe slightly higher and certainly lower though off here but I'd expect to have better luck with a WTB on the CGCForums (not in raw 9.4 though).

Last I looked, it can still be found cheaply on eBay....not a raw 9.4 though but FISH or under. Yeah, you can probably still snag a nice copy of this book via a sniped auction bid.

I wouldn't wait much longer though, Howard was shown briefly during the post credits scene in a recent Marvel flick, IIRC.

Doubtful he will be used in Infinity War but my bet is on him and Nova showing up in some capacity in Infinity War, likely as post credit teasers.

My advice is to grab a nice copy now-ish...With Infinity War getting bumped up to April 24th, that book will almost certainly cost you significantly more if you don't land a copy soon.

FTR, I don't have a raw or slabbed copy. Just giving you my honest take on this book.👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim What is your price point?
Post 4 IP   flag post
12 month GPA on a slabbed 9.4 is $250. 6 month is a little lower.

Raw, I'd like to keep it at $200 or less.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Just saw one on facebook for sale. A 6.0 raw for $90.00

If that is any indication (and it really isn't), a 9.4 for $200 seems very iffy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
That's very high for a 6.0. I'm on comic connect now & a slabbed 8.0 is $100 & raw 9.0 is $2 more.

I do appreciate your checking, though @conditionfreak
Post 7 IP   flag post
Just made an offer on a CBCS 9.2 (White Pages). Fingers crossed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I sold a beater VG for $50 , full sticker, about 2 years ago at the Mohegan Sun CT Con, last time I had a copy.The guy was pumped he found a copy for under $100.

Key books + movie hype= ca-ching.

This book was crazy hot a few years back due to Howard being rumored for the 1at GOTG movie.

Just checked GPA, it has been going down in price across the board for a while.

9.4's is GPA were averaging $350+...couple high sales at over $500 to $600-ish...for 9.4's

I would expect the book to go up to those price points again, if Howard has anything to do with Infinity Wars.

Another book that I think is going to show a strong resurgence is Nova #1.

00Slim, you need to get GPA.😉
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just made an offer on a CBCS 9.2 (White Pages). Fingers crossed.

Just checked eBay active & sold for a CBCS 9.2, nothing.

Assuming you're talking about the one on comicconnect, that is a pedigreed slab.

I would not suggest paying pedigree prices for a book that is worth what it's worth due to movie hype.

People that buy hot books (movie tie in books) are not the cut from the same mentality as pedigree copy buyers.

You also will likely have to pay about double what a stabbed 9.2, $300-ish, is selling at now, assuming the seller accepts an offer.

I looked at the raw 9.0 copy, looks like a 9.0 to me....There is a piece of paper on the scanner bed, by the bottom of the spine....and a few smaller paper chips around the book...All appear to be pieces of a book that was scanned before the Fear 19.

Looks like the scanner bed wasn't wiped off.

Not surprisingly, condidering the scanner bed apparently wasn't even wiped off, thete's no back cover scan.

My advice is to buy the raw 9.0 copy, if your offer on the 9.2 pedigree isn't accepted.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yes, it's the pedigree copy I made an offer on. Still waiting to hear back. I'll make an offer on the raw 9.0 next & watch e-bay for an auction if that doesn't pan out.

I have a GoCollect account. I always check the 12 & 6 month average. With what book to buy, though, I go with my gut.

Last time I got a persistent nagging feeling I needed to get a certain book, they literally officially announced the movie the day after I pulled the trigger.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I misread the price on the Pennsylvania Dutch 9.2 slab, I thought it was $325.

It's actually $235.

So yeah,that's doable.

I still think the raw 9.0 presents a better value, assuming there are no surprises with the back cover.

As an aside about Comic Connect

I really do not understand why they have a "Make Offer" option listed on every BIN formst book they have for sale.

IMO, giving a make offer option is plainly insinuating that the book is worth less than the BIN price and that you will accept less than your BIN orice.

They have books on their site with BIN at $7 with offers of like $2.That's ridiculous.

I am sure that Zurzulo knows what he's doing but yeah, you don't see "make offer" on mycomicshop.com or their eBay store and they still sell a effton of books every day.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I was unaware the "Best Offer" feature was required on BIN listings. I thought it was an option the seller included. Interesting.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I was unaware the "Best Offer" feature was required on BIN listings. I thought it was an option the seller included. Interesting.

No, I am not saying that is the case.

I have no idea if the "make offer" is required on CC's BIN listing or not.

I have never consigned with them.

I was just going off the presumption that all BIN listing on CC had the make offer option included.

I scrolled thru a few pages, that seems to be the case.

I also dunno which books on CC are consignments or are owned by CC, I didn't see anything like "This is a consignment item." On any of the books I looked at.

I know the books that they bother scanning front covers and listing at $7 with a make offer can't be consignments.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ok, just I misunderstood.

Just received his counter. For the "bang for the buck", I think I'll go with the raw 9.0. I'm gonna browse e-bay a bit first, though.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm felling pretty good today. Made an offer on an Ebay offering for a book I have been wanting for a while now and it was accepted. Already paid and should get it in about four days if all goes well.

It is not an Adventures Into Fear book.

I usually do not make offers on Ebay.. I just bid or buy it. But I decided to try an offer or ten dollars less on a $115 book. It worked.

But I was a little confused as I thought I would receive some kind of response from the seller, saying yay or nay, or maybe a counter offer. But all that happened was it should up as an "item needing to be paid for". So I did. No "offer accepted" or anything like that.

Learned something new today.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak I get notifications on my phone when e-bay offers are accepted. Were you on your desktop?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Yes. I don't have a mobile phone.

I also don't have email that Ebay can contact me on. (long story on that)

Whatever I do on Ebay, I have to log in and do on "My Ebay".
Post 18 IP   flag post
Makes sense.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The seller had a pre-existing minimum figure he would accept set up.

Say the acceptable figure he set was $100 (shipping not included)

Offer is sent for $105.(shipping not included).

The offer is automatically accepted at $105.

$100 would have had the same result.

But $99.99 would require the seller to respond with a counter offer or just say eff it, $99.99 works.

There is also an auto reject he could have set to avoid negotiations with low ballers, like $75.

Any offer at $75 or below is automatically rejected.

Buyers are given 5 chances to submit offers, an auto reject counts as one.
Post 20 IP   flag post
So I spent $5 more than I had too. Ha Ha

Good to know.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Got the raw 9.0 for $103 shipped. Not bad.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes the make offer option is to open a line of communication. The deal may not be cut on the actual book being offered, but opening a line of communication may allow them to sell multiple books for a package deal.
Post 23 IP   flag post
600832 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?